• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Firmware 4.0 enables USB/wireless-USB headsets in docked mode

zooL

nice, I hope bluetooth without a dongle will come in an update... would make it much more comfortable to not have to put the adapter in and out for each charging

Mit-

Pretty bananas that it works with bluetooth, too.

I have a set of Steelseries Arctis 7's. If they work with this, you could plug the output from your phone into the headset to mix the chat audio with the game audio. However you still likely wouldn't be able to use the microphone in any way.

this is what I dont get from this comment, and my post earlier in the thread with the reddit picture. According to Sonys Gold headset manual, the included dongle all by itself is about 3.6cm just on its own...

is there like a smaller dongle out there I am not aware of?

But its probably all moot anyways, and I think I agree with ZOONAMI on this, wired earbuds or cans are probably just a better idea for undocked play.
I was specifically talking about the adapter for Bluetooth which is less then half the size of the Gold dongle.

I agree though, it seems better and safer (I can see putting pressure on the dongles messing up the usb c port on the switch) to just use some earbuds, at least until they put out Bluetooth audio (please).

I have a pair of Xaomi in ears that I use on my Switch for the rare times I take it out of the dock.

Copper

Pretty bananas that it works with bluetooth, too.

I have a set of Steelseries Arctis 7's. If they work with this, you could plug the output from your phone into the headset to mix the chat audio with the game audio. However you still likely wouldn't be able to use the microphone in any way.
Arctis-7-Nintendo-Switch-Set-up_02.jpg

You could already do this before with the arctis 7

majik13

I was specifically talking about the adapter for Bluetooth which is less then half the size of the Gold dongle.

I agree though, it seems better and safer (I can see putting pressure on the dongles messing up the usb c port on the switch) to just use some earbuds, at least until they put out Bluetooth audio (please).

I have a pair of Xaomi in ears that I use on my Switch for the rare times I take it out of the dock.

ah I see

schlew

I have my PS Gold USB plugged into the dock and it works!

However! I've since turned off my headset, and the Switch is still outputting the audio to the headset! Only way to get the audio back to the TV's speakers is removing the USB dongle.

Anyone figure out a solution I'm missing?

Can’t get my Corsair Void RGB (fuck RGB on headphones btw) wireless to work. Plugged in the USB dongle, turned on the headphones - nothing. Anyone try this pair?

ZOONAMI

I have my PS Gold USB plugged into the dock and it works!

However! I've since turned off my headset, and the Switch is still outputting the audio to the headset! Only way to get the audio back to the TV's speakers is removing the USB dongle.

Anyone figure out a solution I'm missing?

Remove the usb dongle?

Kuni

Oh WOW. Finally! Easily one of the biggest complaints I had about the Switch. This is great news.

Why on earth didn't they publish this?!?!?!

Just tried this with my PC USB headset and my PS Wireless Headset 2.0 and they both worked like a charm. This is awesome.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Awesome development out of nowhere. Now, just ditch the stupid app, and give platform supported voice chat and we'll be finally approaching the bare minimum that people expect from a modern online implementation.

Shit.
My wireless headset broke a few months ago and I splurged for a new one with a very long cord, specifically due to the Switch's docked situation. Had I known, I would have picked up another wireless. Blah.

Love that it works with my wireless Golds flawless. One thing I hate though. You have to unplug the dongle when you want to switch over back to normal from the tv/sound bar audio. I turned off my headset and it still didn't switch over automatically, unless I'm missing something??

ikuze

Why does it work for everyone but me?
Do you use the internal USB on the dock or one of the two external ones?

I have a Logitech dongle that converts headphone/microphone jacks to USB

Why does it work for everyone but me?
Do you use the internal USB on the dock or one of the two external ones?

I have a Logitech dongle that converts headphone/microphone jacks to USB

I plugged it into an external one. Works fine with my Logitech G930.

Not sure what your last sentence means exactly.

Why did I have to discover this right after I went to work? I could have tested my external DAC. If it works, audiophile Nintendo fans everywhere can rejoice.

My Corsair VOID Wireless headphones do NOT work unfortunately. Plugged it in, dongle connected to the headphones, but the Switch didn’t recognize it. It doesn’t work very well on PS4 so I wasn’t expecting much with Switch. Still a bummer though.
Are speaking of the yellow jacket ones?
If so, that’s a biiiiig bummer.

Seik

Banned
Guys.

I'm currently playing Sonic Mania with the PS Gold headset.

Holy shit this is so fucking good.

1263563485_dancing_kids.gif

I barely ever used that thing but this is something that's getting fixed as of today.

Heads up, if you have a Galaxy S8 or Note 8, you have that USB C to USB adapter that's in the picture in this thread. Gonna test it out when I get home.

Wow, just yesterday I was looking at my Logitech USB headset and regretting buying it since I just use my speakers on my PC now for surround sound. But it works perfectly with the Switch and the audio is incredibly clear.

Thanks for posting this! I would never have known this would work otherwise.

I think the switch only enables the usb functionality when a dock is recognized.

That is not true.

I have a video where I connected four USB controllers to the Switch in Tabletop mode. They all work. Hell. It even charges the pro controller. You can Lan, connect a keyboard, and controllers in tabletop.

So, this will likely work.

I have a little USB amp I use with my headphones on PS4, will plugging that into the dock give better quality than putting the headphones direct into the Switch?

Top Bottom