• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch is sold as bundle in SEA

Currently in Malaysia right now and a reseller informed me that you also have to buy it both with BotW and 12Switch. Sucks as budget is still tight. I wonder how much it is going to sell for as shops don't have any idea yet on the price.

i'm guessing us price converted to our shitty currency + gst + store profit = min 1.5k ringgit for console alone. then since it's a forced bundle w/o discount, high chance to reach 2k

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
For those in Singapore, what is the bundle being sold for?

I managed to get an order on Amazon, of the grey Switch but will be forwarding that to Singapore via Comgateway.

Maxsoft has always been a lousy distributer. I still remember them giving only 3 months local warranty during the DS days. And always slow to do price reduction when other regions have already reduce their prices.

Bowl0l

Let's all gather here and post the finalised price. My local retailer also got mandated from Maxsoft to force customers to buy Zelda and 1-2 Switch.

#Maxshaft #1-2Shafted

newbong95

Atleast nintendo is selling in these countries whereas in india they dont bother ...though sony is thriving here in india and xbox is a bit behind .

Is play asia a good site to buy switch and if so then which region is recommended ?

eoa-swam

GAME (UK high street games shop) tried to do this to me when the 360 was launched. I ended up ringing their customer services and saying all I wanted was the console. They contacted the store and got them to sell me the solo unit.

You might find it's worth contacting customer services and seeing if a bundle is the only option.

Bowl0l

Atleast nintendo is selling in these countries whereas in india they dont bother ...though sony is thriving here in india and xbox is a bit behind .

Is play asia a good site to buy switch and if so then which region is recommended ?
Actually Nintendo is not the distributor here in Malaysia. We are lucky that Maxsoft has setup shop at our very close neighbour, Singapore.

You can try contacting my country's store Impulse although preorder is closed. See if they can quote a good price.
Impulse

spiritfox

Actually Nintendo is not the distributor here in Malaysia. We are lucky that Maxsoft has setup shop at our very close neighbour, Singapore.

Well technically Maxsoft is responsible for the entire region. Unfortunately Maxsoft is a shitty distributor.

Top Bottom