• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two has narrowed Grand Theft Auto VI's release window to Fall 2025, the company said today

Oppoi

The new "but can it run crysis" is "but will you be there to play it?"... Take your sweet time Rockstar, I said Goddamn.

Vlodril

Why did they release the trailer so early then? I wish companies just released a trailer 6 months before release. A year maximum.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And just in time for the XBOX Next! I believe it.
christoph waltz nod GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Were the surprised people not awake when GTA V and RDR2 both had the exact same trailer > release hype cycle of two years..?

They're releasing literally the single biggest media product of all time, no need to rush.

Last edited:

lockdown2222

Neo Member
Yeah this will get delayed into 2026.
“In an effort to make sure our developers have a quality of life and that we can achieve a polished product that meets our criteria but more importantly your expectations, we have made the difficult decision to delay this until 2027” calling it now. I wouldn’t even be shocked if they copy and paste what I said as their official statement.

This game has to deliver so much state of the art tech. With such a long developing time they had to do stuff no one thought about.

No chance this game will become a simple gta5 upgrade.

SHA

A shame PC version will release a year later, we'll miss all the hype.
Use Google/YouTube to make it right for your preferences, don't blame others for that, it's not worth it.
Do it like me, unsub to all youtubers who their common theme is spoiling the content especially the ones released recently, I don't care who he/she is, that's unacceptable.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Nearly two years since I sold my PS5. If this is end of next year then I hope Death Stranding 2 is in the first half otherwise I basically have no reason to get back in with the Pro for well over a year.

That’s a long way away, and there’s no way it’s not getting delayed at least a few months.

How about they finally release that remaster GTA4 to hold us over.

What sucks is however long it takes means at least another year for PC, why does Rockstar insist on these long gaps for PC releases when no other third party publisher does anymore?

But remember, the only GTA to not originally be a fall release III and beyond is 4 and that was only because of a delay.

I wonder what society will be like when GTAVI comes out in Fall 2030.
This is one thing that's funny is to think of the game already being dated and feeling like a period piece by the time it comes out, America could be a frighteningly, drastically different place in just another year.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Hate that I'm considering selling the PS5 now and buying a used Pro specifically for this.

AV

I actually don't think this is getting delayed. Their mistake with GTA V and RDR2 was only giving themselves a year when they initially announced their plans for a release window. This time it seems like they've baked in the inevitable delay and given themselves ~18 months right off the bat.

Top Bottom