• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Cruz will debate Bernie Sanders on Obamacare next Tuesday on CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroRay

Ted Cruz is a very good debater while Bernie tends to rehash his stump speeches moreso than actually debate.

Not a terribly good idea imo.

Edit: Then again, Trump gave Cruz the biggest L of his life with the New York values comment so who knows lol

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ted Cruz is a very good debater while Bernie tends to rehash his stump speeches moreso than actually debate.

Yeah...

but maybe we will be surprised?

legacyzero

Banned
I sure was. If you want to ignore all the posts that supported Bernie to feed your persecution complex, that's up to you.
If you say so.
I know what I saw every single day posting here. And never once went into the Poligaf thread. Bernie supporters were met with snark, condescension, and even indirect comments suggesting they were sexist.

Oh look, there's that condescension again. I kinda missed it actually. And seeing where we are now, maybe you might be more open for adult political discourse in 2020

No idea why anyone thought this was a good idea.

it probably is good for someone on the left to go up there and fight for something. Obama can't really say anything, Hillary is out of the picture; guys like him do need to start going out there and showing people there isn't just Trumpsanity going on and bring some reasonable discussion into politics rather than the fucking circus coming out of the white house.

Abelard

Edit: Then again, Trump gave Cruz the biggest L of his life with the New York values comment so who knows lol

How is Cruz a good debater? I would imagine to be a good debater you ideas would need to be somewhat decent, but Cruz's ideas are plain irrational and would be laughed off as theocratic garbage by thinking men.

it probably is good for someone on the left to go up there and fight for something. Obama can't really say anything, Hillary is out of the picture; guys like him do need to start going out there and showing people there isn't just Trumpsanity going on and bring some reasonable discussion into politics rather than the fucking circus coming out of the white house.

I agree, 100%. I just hope he doesn't blow it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
this sounds like "i wish the presidential debate was actually this" for both of them

they are acting out their fantasy, i just dont know why sanders wants to have ted cruz part of his fantasy

Tarydax

Banned
If Bernie couldn't even be bothered to research the drought before going to California, he's definitely not going to brush up on anything for this. Cruz is going to spit out out buzzwords and outright lies and Bernie won't be able to keep up.

Huh? It's like you weren't even here.

No. GAF was an overwhelming supporter of Clinton.

Did you guys miss the part where more people voted for Bernie as the winner of the first primary debate by over a hundred votes?

If GAF was as overwhelmingly pro-Hillary as you want to think it is, Bernie would have been blown out of the water immediately.

How is Cruz a good debater? I would imagine to be a good debater you ideas would need to be somewhat decent, but Cruz's ideas are plain irrational and would be laughed off as theocratic garbage by thinking men.

Surprisingly no. You don't.

Case in point. Pence vs. Kaine debate. Nothing they were saying really mattered. Kaine was like he had taken part in one of those British college caffeine experiments beforehand and Pence was cool and level headed so he won.

CazTGG

Sanders to reveal Ted Cruz as the Zodiac Killer on national television, Senate and House to do nothing to remove the Zodiac Killer from their position. Fox News to declare it as a hoax by the liberal media and Maoists.

legacyzero

Banned
There was a pretty big chuck of time where any support for Bernie was seen as sacrilege on this board. It has balanced out since the election.
Exactly. And it only balanced out when the election was over, crow was eaten, and we tried to reflect. Which still seems to not be very effective lol

zaccheus

Banned
Exactly. And it only balanced out when the election was over, crow was eaten, and we tried to reflect. Which still seems to not be very effective lol

Yea when there was a lot of yass gaf hillary people bernie supporters got tarred and feathered. after all it was said and done, bernie and other third parties still catch heat here. it's ridiculous. it's telling to me that bernie is still out there fighting for us, he could just retire and be done with it, but you can tell he cares. i'm happy for him in a weird way he didn't get past the primaries, because i dont think he'd deserve all the media hate he'd get. he's like the kindly old grandpa.

Mechazawa

Bernie opinion on GAF turned hard when he hit the point of no return for the Primaries(outside of magical math), yet his campaign managers decided to engage in and stoke tinfoil conspiracies.

And he deserved it.

Tarydax

Banned
Bernie opinion on GAF turned hard when he hit the point of no return for the Primaries(outside of magical math), yet his campaign managers decided to engage in and stoke tinfoil conspiracies.

And he deserved it.

His attack on Planned Parenthood was the last nail in the coffin for me. It made me regret ever having supported him.

dolabla

Bernie will get embarrassed. Ted Cruz is a scummy piece of shit, but he's a Princeton educated veteran debate champion. Bernie got schlonged by Hillary and misplaces finger wagging with aggression.

And before you guys jump on me and tell me Trump crushed Cruz, remember, Trump had the advantage of having multiple opponents to divide the focus and just yelled incoherently whenever he spoke. There's no strategy against that.

This debate is going to be a disaster for Obamacare's PR since both debaters don't even like it, and the one that wants it gone actually knows how to debate.

I agree. Dude is an excellent debater and has won cases before the supreme court.

Alan Dershowitz said he's one of the best students he's ever had.

I fully expect Complyin Ted to win this thing rather easily.

Laieon

I really like Sanders (thought he was a much better candidate than Clinton who I reluctantly voted for in the end), but I'd like to see him disappear for a bit as far as TV goes. I'd really like to see younger senators or younger officials start to do these kind of things so they can start building up name recognition sooner rather than later. Preferably someone with charisma and decent marketing skills, two things I thought Clinton severely lacked.

studyguy

Anyone who thinks Ted isn't hot shit at a debate is fooling themselves. He's done a number of interviews since this on talk radios up and down with progressives. It's never pretty, the dude is slime but he can debate.

More to the point I don't believe CNN should be giving a dude like Cruz more of a platform to push his awful shit from but I guess here we are... What Cruz has to say bares little relevance against an administration that has all but shit on him, reused him then kicked him to the curb after.

guek

Banned
Anyone who thinks Ted isn't hot shit at a debate is fooling themselves. He's done a number of interviews since this on talk radios up and down with progressives. It's never pretty, the dude is slime but he can debate.

More to the point I don't believe CNN should be giving a dude like Cruz more of a platform to push his awful shit from but I guess here we are... What Cruz has to say bares little relevance against an administration that has all but shit on him, reused him then kicked him to the curb after.
Are Cruz and Trump on good terms? I know Ted has to stay in line

royalan

His attack on Planned Parenthood was the last nail in the coffin for me. It made me regret ever having supported him.

For me it was the second time he walked off the stage with BLM.

Ted is a good debater? Guy talks out of his ass the entire time.

This is precisely what makes him a great debater. He has a Kellyanne Conway-esque ability to spin bullshit facts on a whim and sound convincing while doing it. This wouldn't fly if you were debating in front of an audience of experts. But this is a powerful ability if you debating in front of an audience of laymen.

People say Cruz is a great debater. Fool lost to TRUMP. TRUMP. Of all people he could lose against, he lost to him. Hillary was able to beat Trump in a debate.

Valhelm

contribute something
Man I'm I gonna love seeing Bernie rock the shit out of Cruz.

What the fuck was Cruz thinking agreeing to this?

Ted thinks he still has sway within the Republican party, and might have ambitions of running for president again if the Trump thing falls apart. Throughout the election, he really wanted a one-on-one debate to flex his rhetoric team skills.

Because political discourse is a good thing?

Political discourse is dead. This is a CNN ratings sham event which will get us nowhere. I'd say let Trump debate it but he would just repeat how it's a disaster and he will replace it with something wonderful for 2 hours and win the peanut gallery.

DJKhaled

Can you people stop calling it Obamacare? it just makes the situation worse and it's reasons like this that people voted in Trump not realising that Obamacare and ACA are the same.

UberTag

Can you people stop calling it Obamacare? it just makes the situation worse and it's reasons like this that people voted in Trump not realising that Obamacare and ACA are the same.
CNN's actively calling it Obamacare in their stupid announcement tweet... which should tell you everything you need to know about CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom