• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Titans Go Animated Movie in the Works

Penguin

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
we can afford a live action(???) TT go movie, but not a relighting of the original series...

truly the darkest timeline

JayCB

I fucking love that Cartoon Network is so committed to this Teen Titans troll bit. The network is powered by the salt at this point.

Ogodei

we can afford a live action(???) TT go movie, but not a relighting of the original series...

truly the darkest timeline

The funny thing is that CN's been bringing the original series back into reruns for the first time in a few years (if you count Boomerang a few years, if you count CN proper, close to a decade). They know there's still a following and seem to be trying to wean the current TTGo fanbase into liking the original show.

Well this seems to be buried in the It sequel news, but apparently Teen Titans Go is getting a live-action movie in theaters next summer

"In addition, Warner Bros. announced today that the untitled animation film on June 1 next year has moved to July 27 and is now known as Teen Titans Go!"

Not much else is known. I like the show, but not sure if it's a major motion picture thing...

http://deadline.com/2017/09/it-sequ...mber-2019-release-andy-muschietti-1202176651/

Huh?

I love how sour people get on here about a show they've never seen just because it isn't a continuation of the original. Especially because it's so damn good. Looking forward to the animated film.

I haven't really followed the show at all. I watched the Night Begins to Shine special a short while back out of curiosity. It was really fun, but I'm still not crazy about the show. I wish the show didn't look so low budget and lazy for one.

I haven't really followed the show at all. I watched the Night Begins to Shine special a short while back out of curiosity. It was really fun, but I'm still not crazy about the show. I wish the show didn't look so low budget and lazy for one.

You should watch all the episodes featuring control freak. They have one that pertains to exactly what you posted.

a.wd

My eldest loves it, and when her godmother came over she danced around the living room to the real cool yacht song.

I'll be taking my daughter to the cinema for this and she'll love it.

Sponge

Banned
Did the Adventure Time movie die for this? It never got it's movie, hell it's not even getting it's last season advertised.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I’ve watched 9 episodes of TTGo total and I never even chuckled. It’s embarrassing considering how good stuff like Gumball or Regular Show was.

Xe4

Banned
Why though? The show barely has enough steam for 10 minutes, and even then falls flat on its face in 9/10 episodes. An hour or more of the same shit? I legitimately can't imagine it.

Though the number of kids going to see it would more than make up for the cost, and TT:Go has already shown it doesn't care about quality or production values (or what critics think), so I suppose it's a win/win.

Best of luck, I suppose.

The humor is hit-or-miss for me, but when the show hits, it’s really funny. The extreme vocal dissension about the show not being like the original TT actually makes Go more enjoyable since they make fun of that vocal dissension a lot.

DJ_Lae

My kids will love this.

It's not my favourite show they watch by any measure (that would probably be Gravity Falls or Star vs Evil), but it's so damn stupid I can't help but laugh.

sibarraz

Banned
Unless they go in a full wankfest were they mock the fanbase, and DC as a whole, I don't know how a movie format could work for TTG

Oh man, a freaking Everest of Salt is coming from certain sites

I fucking love that Cartoon Network is so committed to this Teen Titans troll bit. The network is powered by the salt at this point.

Don't you guys mean Sour Grapes?

maxresdefault.jpg

Toothless

You know what? I'll see it. TTG is fun when I catch an episode now and then and much like the MLP movie (which I'll also see despite dropping the show after season 5), it's the closest we're getting to traditional animation on the big screen currently. Looking forward to it.

Dynomutt

I’ve watched 9 episodes of TTGo total and I never even chuckled. It’s embarrassing considering how good stuff like Gumball or Regular Show was.

Yeah it's terrible. I mean why not keep the previous show and make it more light hearted or comical. I feel like I'm watching nonsense. Can't even stand the commercials.

Only DC animation that counts is the straight to home and digital ones and even those have tanked.

*Lego Batman was good. Best Batman anything since Nolan/Bale trifecta.

Top Bottom