• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade announced from Raw Thrills

TreIII

On the positive...a new TMNT arcade brawler!

Maybe I can overlook that, even if it's based off of the Nicktoon iteration I dislike.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Raw Thrills is more miss than hit, but I did actually like their Jurassic Park game.

Going in with lowered expectations means it can't possibly disappoint at much as Platinum's game did.

Colonel Mustard said:
Cruis'n Blast is actually really fun, the few times I've played it.

Hope we get a Switch port sometime down the line.

That might be good, but none of their arcade games have been ported so I highly doubt it'll happen.

butman

Sure to be better than the Konami games, right?

man-of-steel-2013.gif

FTF

ehhhh I'm not getting my hopes up with that redemption bullet point and that giant "win" attack button :/

TMNT_IAAPA17_flyerAH.png

Piers

Cruis'n Blast is actually really fun, the few times I've played it.

Hope we get a Switch port sometime down the line.

Yeah, I don't think Raw Thrills is really that bad. I think it's just that their games are ho-hum, especially if it's following the blueprints of older games its following to a T.

PSqueak

Banned
The screenshot in the mockup doesn't inspire confidense because it looks to have the same bad 3d movement Re-Shelled has.

I'd rather have OG Turtles in time 2d movement.

Tizoc

So this is arcade only? Kind of a bummer if so, but it's nice to see a few arcade games like this still comin' out, so I wish them the best of luck :p
If I ever see this brought over I might try and convince my younger relatives to play it.
With me.

emm_vee

Neo Member
The screenshot in the mockup doesn't inspire confidense because it looks to have the same bad 3d movement Re-Shelled has.

I'd rather have OG Turtles in time 2d movement.

THIS. Restrict movements to forward/back, up/down & you've got magic. The mockup gives me a glimmer of hope... even if I think the art direction for the villains from this incarnation is deplorable.
(Also include a killer soundtrack)

As long as it's better than the Ubisoft remake of Turtles in Time...
I swear out of all the games I bought last gen, this was my biggest disappointment by far (there were bigger blunders but those I just didn't buy though. This one I did. Day one). And it suuuuuucked! Especially since it was based on the inferior Arcade version. I was expecting the SNES one with the extra levels but with 4 player mode.

Piece of shit that was!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I feel lucky that this isn't my first experience with TMNT. It may sound good, but I can't stand that art style. It's like a mixture of TMNT and animated children shows on YouTube.

when's the last time Raw Thrills made a game that wasn't about driving or light gunning? Although, they've gotten pretty good at both of those (Batman was awesome), this could come out just fine.

I swear out of all the games I bought last gen, this was my biggest disappointment by far (there were bigger blunders but those I just didn't buy though. This one I did. Day one). And it suuuuuucked! Especially since it was based on the inferior Arcade version. I was expecting the SNES one with the extra levels but with 4 player mode.

Piece of shit that was!

It's one of the biggest blights in all my XBLA purchases. I've made many many great XBLA purchases and most of them were on sale. The remake is one of the few of the many purchases I made at full price and I regretted it so badly.

There's no way this game can be as bad as that. I don't know if they have skills to make a good beat em up but I really enjoyed there terminator and F&F games.

BiggNife

It's hard to get excited for Raw Thrills games because they never get ported to consoles and it's not like I have an arcade near me.

The new Cruisin' isn't bad though.

dlauv

I played their Space Invaders Frenzy cabinet and it was like the best shit ever. Their Batman, Walking Dead, and Jurassic Park games weren't bad at all either.

Their Terminator Salvation game is pretty terrible though.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Have they actually confirmed this? I'm looking on google and I'm seeing unconfirmed rumors from last year.

"Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady"
"The Foot Walks Again!"
"The Big Blowout"

All air on November 12 according to Wikipedia. It's another crossover with the 80s cartoon, this time with 80s Bebop and Rocksteady apparently.

They just finished the Monsters 4 parter a little over a week ago. The Mad Max parody episodes that aired last month were the last episodes produced, so I think that may be where the confusion is coming from.

Top Bottom