• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis World Tour announced (2018, Breakpoint Studio, OMG!)

oti

Banned
I'd want to go Switch 100% but surely the biggest community will be on PS4.
Cross-platform online plz.

amdb00mer

See what happens when you set on your butt EA. You got scooped. Looking forward to a current-gen tennis game. Needs a killer career mode.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Well this is a pleasant surprise.

Hopefully former Delray Beach finalist Donald Young is playable.

Tagyhag

Oh my..

If this can deliver... if this is top spin 4 quality in a modern package I may be content for life.

This is legit a dream come true. Setting myself up for disappointment of course, but I'm in heaven right now.

Give me that list of players.

I've never been into Tennis video games (Though I'd love to branch out)

Why do people highly regard the Top Spin series compared to other tennis games? Is it super simulator-y? Arcade-y? In between?

oti

Banned

Why do people highly regard the Top Spin series compared to other tennis games? Is it super simulator-y? Arcade-y? In between?

It's the best tennis simulation to date.

It's basically the equivalent of FIFA or the madden games for tennis. Simulation tennis , which I much prefer to the arcadey virtua tennis.

Peru

Sim-y, which just means tons of depth. Takes a little time to master but once you do you have such a complete control of your shots.

Definitely intrigued by this. I hope it plays well; to me, Virtua Tennis 1/2 are the best playing tennis games that've been made.

Agreed! I even spent over £100 on x2 Arcade Sticks to go with the Dreamcast versions!

Played Top Spin on Xbox and enjoyed it but didn't get into it much as mates weren't into it. Dreamcast fanboys lol!

Kei-

This is fantastic news. French open coming up, was getting ready to make another why haven't we had a new tennis game thread. So happy

Jesus Christ, why has it taken over 3 years to finally get a tennis game???

I hope these devs make lots of money and other devs are kicking themselves for not making one.

Wiyd9P7.gif

I hope they will implement shots like this

Galdelico

Awesome! Never thought to see a new tennis game anytime soon, at this point.

I hope licensing costs won't reduce the budget for more substantial features (that's my personal opinion, of course). I still believe you can sell a brandless tennis sim - sporting a proper next generation engine and player/tournament editor, on top of a lifelike attention to detail on court - just as well as your average sponsored title, full of popular faces and attractive logos, yet unable to deliver a decet level of immersion, once you get past all that stuff. I mean, I love Top Spin 4 and I still play it today, but even that game, to me, feels a bit disconnected to the reality it tries to simulate, at times.

mindatlarge

Good to see Tennis get another shot. Hopefully if the game is quality, enough people will help support it to help make it a successful franchise.

BroBot

If this comes out for Switch and has character creation I may be able to finally retire my Virtua Tennis 4 for Vita.

LQX

It has been so long since I have played a tennis game. Back in the day 2K Tennis was amazing. Hopefully this turns out good.

FINALLY. Where do I pre-order?

Awesome! Never thought to see a new tennis game anytime soon, at this point.

I hope licensing costs won't reduce the budget for more substantial features (that's my personal opinion, of course). I still believe you can sell a brandless tennis sim - sporting a proper next generation engine and player/tournament editor, on top of a lifelike attention to detail on court - just as well as your average sponsored title, full of popular faces and attractive logos, yet unable to deliver a decet level of immersion, once you get past all that stuff. I mean, I love Top Spin 4 and I still play it today, but even that game, to me, feels a bit disconnected to the reality it tries to simulate, at times.

This here. I'm very happy it will have Federer and other pros, but they could just release it with a great editor and let the community do it. That said, even with the dearth of tennis games, they still need something to help market it. I just hope the game itself plays great. That's the most important part.

In the meantime, I'll continue playing Virtua Tennis [Vita] and Hot Shots Tennis [PS2/PS4 as well as the PSP one] when I need my tennis fix. Top Spin 4 was great, but I got tired of the artificial difficulty spike at the end of tournaments.

Top Bottom