• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2017 NBA Draft |OT| Trust The Process

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Naw, he's not Redick coming out of college. Redick was a better shooter but couldn't create his own shot like Kennard.

Redick as a college senior didn't need screens to shoot, he threw it up wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted.
He became a much better off the ball scorer in the NBA than he was at Duke, and he really had to bust his as to get there.

I think Kennard is a late 1st round talent at best. He's got decent footwork but he's also never found a shot he didn't like. Somewhere there is this notion that teams could play him like they do Steph Curry (obviously not as good) but I'm not sure he's as good as Seth Curry.

RBH

The Atlanta Hawks are on the clock!

yioV1.gif

Rvaan

Banned
I'm not sure if that's a good trade for Cleveland either. JR is pretty clutch and is surprisingly good for the locker room in terms of emotion. Green is an upgrade but LMA might be even more of a pouter than Love.

I don't think it's good for CLE either. I just need the Pop and JR sitcom in my life.

Giles will be the steal of the draft if he can stay healthy. He started showing glimpses of what he could do as the season went on, especially on the boards. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll ever play an entire season.

His knees look done and it's already hampered his game.

Bread

Banned
If the Cavs get Aldridge then Lebron can never complain about not having help. It will be fun to watch Leonard fail as the #1 option once he leaves.

He was able to jump and move fine. He hasn't played organized basketball on a regular basis in about 2 years so he had zero confidence and zero court savvy. Honestly he needs time in the DL

His lateral movement went to shit. He's not the defender he once was (and he's only 19!), which was one of his calling cards when he was so hyped out of high school.

I mean, taking a flyer on him in the mid 1st isn't the worst decision in the world, I'd just be surprised if he is even i the league in 3 years. His knees are ticking time bombs.

TraBuch

Banned
His lateral movement went to shit. He's not the defender he once was (and he's only 19!), which was one of his calling cards when he was so hyped out of high school.

I mean, taking a flyer on him in the mid 1st isn't the worst decision in the world, I'd just be surprised if he is even i the league in 3 years. His knees are ticking time bombs.
Like I said, he showed improvement as the year went on. He played excellent defense in the ACC tournament.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Playing defense in HS and AAU doesn't count for shit when you are playing guys who are closer to your talent level and know what they are doing. Giles problem last year with Duke was his lack of court awareness and lack of confidence. They threw him lobs, he got rebounds, he didn't play like a guy that was scared of his knees blowing out, he played like a guy that didn't know what he was doing. If this is 20 years ago, theres no way in hell he comes out, but now is not then

Zukkoyaki

I'm genuinely happy for Giles in that he made it to the NBA despite all of his setbacks. I don't think he'll last long, but he's get a nice payday and achieving a life-long dream.

Top Bottom