• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DominoKid

GG is probably one of the most, if not the most technical fighting game out. If they crossed the rift between beginner/masher to even semi-advanced then you probably weren't even playing the same game as them.

Its like when people step to Qis in the GAF tournaments/rooms and expect to have a good time then end up crying in a corner.

They're not even close to the worst lol

Shit, they both light up the screen like no other. Ragna's Astral makes me forget he's Ichigo in a heartbeat and Nu's daggerfu is always a joy to watch. Its not just the quick layout, but the overall play and form of the character that sets ASW rosters apart from the rest of fighting games. Like in KOF - what makes Vanessa standout? It's not the sleeveless top, its the swagged out boxing that still makes people talk shit about Akihiko from P3/P4A to this day. Arakune isn't immediately unique until you see him in motion. Litchi is just another boobie lady until her staff starts dancing. They have an extra dimension that other fighting games just don't have these days.

The new characters that they've kicked out have been absolutely bland and unimaginative as fuck though. Azrael, Bullet (who was a great character until she was actually seen, etc) offer nothing in any form.

exactly, ASW got that swagger. they go way too hard.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
exactly, ASW got that swagger. they go way too hard.
Ragna is Ichigo. And I'm okay with that.

After my friends and I saw Hakumen's astral, his sword was referred to as "that muthafuckin stick". It doesn't even cut. You just beat asses with it.

hakumen-s-astral-finish-o.gif

look at this shit.

Slashes? This motherfucker just spent the last two rounds running it back on you with two 4 hit combos. That's all. You juggled the shit out of him for like 20 seconds but it didn't mean a damn thing because his go-to move is a counter - that he never has to use. Now he's taking you out back like you just renigged in a game of spades.

Deprive

Yea, This is what I did last time with the 360. I still ended up getting a 360 that red ringed though.

Ain't that the damn truth. Waited two years on it and shit still rrod.

Can't wait for that Gears. Don't Blaz Blue and Gear have two different char designers though?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ain't that the damn truth. Waited two years on it and shit still rrod.

Can't wait for that Gears. Don't Blaz Blue and Gear have two different char designers though?

Sort of. Daisuke isn't as involved with Blazblue whereas he put his love into every frame of GG.

Onemic

Ragna is Ichigo. And I'm okay with that.

After my friends and I saw Hakumen's astral, his sword was referred to as "that muthafuckin stick". It doesn't even cut. You just beat asses with it.

hakumen-s-astral-finish-o.gif

look at this shit.

Slashes? This motherfucker just spent the last two rounds running it back on you with two 4 hit combos. That's all. You juggled the shit out of him for like 20 seconds but it didn't mean a damn thing because his go-to move is a counter - that he never has to use. Now he's taking you out back like you just renigged in a game of spades.

If only his combos weren't hard as fuck to do. ;_;

Personally I'm a big fan of old KI. Both arcade and consoles and I think the new KI looks like ass. It is not visually pleasing to me at all. Even if it turns out great thats cool but I have to admit its one of those games that should not have been brought back. But that's my opinion.
But on to that GG I'm fucking excited. Played the living shit out of every iteration. Potemkin for life. So I'm overly excited for it. And I loved playing BlazBlue I only stopped because my circle quit. That was a mistake I swore I would never do again. I also did that with street as well. But if I had cats that played I would get on it. Hint hint BCT. Speaking of which I want to get back on marvel and possibly others so hit me up FAM.

EDIT: And in my circle we called Hakuman the whiffle ball champion. And I mained him instead of Tager because I hate fucking Tager.

Onemic

Personally I'm a big fan of old KI. Both arcade and consoles and I think the new KI looks like ass. It is not visually pleasing to me at all. Even if it turns out great thats cool but I have to admit its one of those games that should not have been brought back. But that's my opinion.
But on to that GG I'm fucking excited. Played the living shit out of every iteration. Potemkin for life. So I'm overly excited for it. And I loved playing BlazBlue I only stopped because my circle quit. That was a mistake I swore I would never do again. I also did that with street as well. But if I had cats that played I would get on it. Hint hint BCT. Speaking of which I want to get back on marvel and possibly others so hit me up FAM.

EDIT: And in my circle we called Hakuman the whiffle ball champion. And I mained him instead of Tager because I hate fucking Tager.

You got PSN? the backlog of fighting games I play are huge. Cept for dat mahvel....because fuck mahvel

ReiGun

I couldn't get into Blazblue at all. My friends tried to put me on and I just couldn't. I like P4A tho, and I might try the new Guilty.

Killer Instinct looks like trash on trash. Maybe it'll be fun when I play, but I doubt it.

I can't even play fighters right now cause my stick is fucked up. I gotta fix some wires but I cannot find my damn soldering iron. Only thing I can really play right now is Injustice, since I play that on pad. :/ (Injustice is cool, tho)

Marvel is fun...as long as you're winning. When you start losing, that shit is soul crushing.

Speaking of downloadable games, I need to get Jojo.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Man....that RAM thread was gold...no...PLATINUM!

As for fighters, Tekken is the only one i was any good at. Bryan Fury is my main.

Yado

I liked Killer Instinct but Street Fighter was my favourite fighter. There was a certain stiffness? about Mortal Kombat, it just never flowed right and the character designs got uglier and uglier with each iteration.

I couldn't get into Blazblue at all. My friends tried to put me on and I just couldn't. I like P4A tho, and I might try the new Guilty.

Killer Instinct looks like trash on trash. Maybe it'll be fun when I play, but I doubt it.

I can't even play fighters right now cause my stick is fucked up. I gotta fix some wires but I cannot find my damn soldering iron. Only thing I can really play right now is Injustice, since I play that on pad. :/

Marvel is fun...as long as you're winning. When you start losing, that shit is soul crushing.

Speaking of downloadable games, I need to get Jojo.

Oh please, just because its getting attention from the non basement dwellers casual crowd, is no reason to get your britches in a bunch.

Onemic

Oh please, just because its getting attention from the non basement dwellers casual crowd, is no reason to get your britches in a bunch.

eh, it looks average. Most fighting game fans don't think it looks too hot either. (cept for Maximillian, but I really believe that mainly stems from nostalgia more than anything)

ReiGun

Hey, my britches are quite unbunched, sir. If someone else is into it, more power to them. But for me, that game looks like ass.

Hey, my britches are quite unbunched, sir. If someone else is into it, more power to them. But for me, that game looks like ass.

My eyes hurt for a few minutes after the first match at EVO, no lie. I don't know how to discuss the game in a detached way when it caused me physical pain.

eh, it looks average. Most fighting game fans don't think it looks too hot either. (cept for Maximillian, but I really believe that mainly stems from nostalgia more than anything)

Average..............LOL

There is more stuff going on in graphically in that game than anything thats out now. And I dont care for fighting games outside of SF2 MK Super Nintendo Genesis era, and I want to play it. And the fighting game community isnt that big that I live and die on what they deem hot since its such small part of the overall video game industry.

Weren't you repping KFC not to long ago............taste=doo doo

Onemic

Average..............LOL

There is more stuff going on in graphically in that game than anything thats out now. And I dont care for fighting games outside of SF2 MK Super Nintendo Genesis era, and I want to play it. And the fighting game community isnt that big that I live and die on what they deem hot since its such small part of the overall video game industry.

well, it is on a nextgen console after all so that should be a given. And of all the genres, graphics dont mean jack shit for a fighting game. Not saying your opinion on the matter is invalid. You can be hyped as fuck about it or any game for that matter. I, personally, just think it looks average.

harSon

Banned
My eyes hurt for a few minutes after the first match at EVO, no lie. I don't know how to discuss the game in a detached way when it caused me physical pain.

It's pretty easy.

Half-Life 2 gave me severe nausea and a pounding headache for hour(s) after each game session, but I still consider it to be one of the best games of the decade :p

ReiGun

Gave me a damn headache. All those damn particle effects.

You're repping a c-tier fighter from the developers of "Battleship: The Movie Game." Hardly one to talk about taste.

Imm0rt4l

Average..............LOL

and?

killer instinct looks like one of those fake video game to see a movie. complete with xtreeeeme announcer and generic ninja character

I've got to admit, I had the same thought when I saw it in action. I was cracking up when people were posting Bonestorm stuff from The Simpsons.

It's pretty easy.

Half-Life 2 gave me severe nausea and a pounding headache for hour(s) after each game session, but I still consider it to be one of the best games of the decade :p

You're more lenient that I am, that's all I can say.

harSon

Banned
Gave me a damn headache. All those damn particle effects.

You're repping a c-tier fighter from the developers of "Battleship: The Movie Game." Hardly one to talk about taste.

The development team behind Killer Instinct isn't proper Double Helix. It's basically a team put together for Killer Instinct, composing of developers from Skullgirls, Weaponlord, SF2T and SSF2.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The development team behind Killer Instinct isn't proper Double Helix. It's basically a team put together for Killer Instinct, composing of developers from Skullgirls, Weaponlord, SF2T and SSF2.

Weaponlord? Why? What have they done since then?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The only two fighters I play are KoF 13 and Skullgirls. Once upon a time, MvC3 was awesome to me, but the amount of braindead shit in it turned me off...

ReiGun

In your opinion which which I have already scientifically proven is suspect, you Colonel loving mofo!

And also its funny how you brought up DH with out knowing any of the people actually making the game, educate yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoYLyL9YcXQ
I'll admit that I could have looked into who was working on it. That said, I've seen the game. I ain't bout watch no panel about it.

I'm prepared to eat crow if it somehow turns out good, but for right now...

iIDDFJ6GoIhI4.gif

Well when the final game comes out we will see....

Any who on PSN: Riovane
Games I'm willing to play...
Umvc3
P4A
GGXXAC
Dungeon Defenders
Black Ops 2
Renegade Ops
Dead Nation
Dungeons And Dragons
Double Dragon NEON
Scott Pilgrim
Battle Fantasia
Terraria
Space Marine
Alien Breed 1,2,3
Dragons Crown(When it comes out)
SR4(When it comes out)
GTA5(When it comes out)

Please note that I'm scrub tier at the above fighting games due to being out of practice.

In your opinion which which I have already scientifically proven is suspect, you Colonel loving mofo!
Not just his opinion. New KI looks like ass. Particle effects all over the place doesn't mean it looks like a good game. It just means the screen is unnecessarily cluttered with bullshit.

Top Bottom