• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division - 15 minutes of new gameplay

Tecnniqe

Banned
Happy when the beta thread goes live tomorrow.. Just one thread to follow instead 20 threads about now. :p

Dang it Theorry... I just uploaded my new avatar 5 minutes ago. Oh well -- I'll kill it and find another one.

image.php

vs
image.php

Z3M0G

Well I just spent $80 on this trying to get into the Beta... you can't cancel a pre-order on PSN in NA... apparently you can do it elsewhere though.

So I guess I'm invested in this game now.

Makikou

Well I just spent $80 on this trying to get into the Beta... you can't cancel a pre-order on PSN in NA... apparently you can do it elsewhere though.

Yeah, EU has a law that all digital pre-orders must be refundable asap and they cannot take your money until like release day or something..

Americans? Your consumer protection gives no f***s

Yeah, EU has a law that all digital pre-orders must be refundable asap and they cannot take your money until like release day or something..

Americans? Your consumer protection gives no f***s
Most states allow you to preorder and cancel while never getting charged by using Amazon

Makikou

Most states allow you to preorder and cancel while never getting charged by using Amazon

But is it forced by state laws? Like does Amazon do just for good charity or are they absolutely required to do that?

PSN/XBL etc. are required to do it in Europe by law.

Tecnniqe

Banned

EU laws in consumer regards are miles ahead of America. Shame really.

Smash88

Banned
Yes and
Yes

I was just wondering if they were being used or not, and if you needed any other I could've done them if wanted.

As of right now I think I'm set in terms of logos. The whole thing is already pretty elaborate, and would probably clutter it even further.

Awesome, I was thinking about getting into Halo Online, just a surprising coincidence to see you here when I was reading the subreddit.

Sent you a PM in relation to the OT.

DOWN

Banned

Amazon does it as a policy of their own for physical items, but some states also require it. Amazon's policy is never to charge until shipment, but NO RETURNS or REFUNDS ON DIGITAL. This is a policy for consoles in general in the USA on digital games except states that have laws against it.

0racle

I wonder if graphics are better than alpha

I was blown away by the alpha and im curious how much they can squeeze out of the engine before release

Theorry

I wonder if graphics are better than alpha

I was blown away by the alpha and im curious how much they can squeeze out of the engine before release

I am sure they are. Maybe not alot but the alpha had some low res textures like on sides delivery trucks.

Has it been said how you match up with other people in your particular Dark Zone server? Is it completely rank based? I would hate to randomly go up against a rogue 20 levels higher than me, for example. If that is the case, what if you join a fire-team with varied ranks? Also, has the max rank/dark zone rank been mentioned?

Has it been said how you match up with other people in your particular Dark Zone server? Is it completely rank based? I would hate to randomly go up against a rogue 20 levels higher than me, for example. If that is the case, what if you join a fire-team with varied ranks? Also, has the max rank/dark zone rank been mentioned?

I believe there are a few factors when they consider matchmaking, but they really haven't gone into specifics. Here's a quote from the Creative Director.

We try to sort out [players] being close to your language and time zone. [If you put people together] in different time zones, then they’re going to go to bed at different points. Really, it’s all about the ping and the proximity that is giving us the best results.

Then there are some behavioral [factors], like what type of a player are you? But we are going to wait and see with that, I’ll be purposefully vague on that in terms of the details that you mentioned because I think initially, we are going to try and find you a good and close player.

As for Max Rank. It's 99 for the Dark Zone, which also fluctuates. Outside of the DZ you can hit a Max of 30.

Top Bottom