• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Easy Allies 2017 E3 Betting Speical!

COLD BLOODED

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN IS GONNA RESET THE TIMELINE KIRA-STYLE TO STOP THIS DEGENERATED TIMELINE & BRING BACK BOSMAN x HUBER

3qvS6vG.gif

#TEAMCOLDBLOOD LET'S GO
My brother! Cold Blooded will restore the belt to its Glory and return us.

Fat4all

Banned
THERE'S NO REPLACING THIS ERA

ULTIMA BRAD IS GONNA MAKE VIDEO GAMES COMMENTARY ENTERTAINMENT A PROPER INSTITUTION

PUSH BRAND MANAGER FOR SUMMERSLAM

Sorry for the noob question, but can someone remind me of how Kyle/Michale Huber lost their chance to bet against each in the 2017 E3 Betting Special and how Ultima Brad became the champion and Cold Blooded became the challenger?

Thanks!

Sorry for the noob question, but can someone remind me of how Kyle/Michale Huber lost their chance to bet against each in the 2017 E3 Betting Special and how Ultima Brad became the champion and Cold Blooded became the challenger?

Thanks!
Kyle always weaseled his way out of bet punishments, he tried to get out of a full playthrough of Link To The Past by streaming the video of a speedrun while he played Skyward sword in a bigger window

This led to the Trial Of Kyle Bosman. Kyle was found guilty (wrongfully) and they held an open challenge number one contender's match to decide who would face Huber at the next event. (they called it a Money In The Bank without it really being one). Brad won, then he beat Huber. It's a new era. Blood was the next number one contender

Fat4all

Banned
Kyle always weaseled his way out of bet punishments, he tried to get out of a full playthrough of Link To The Past by streaming the video of a speedrun while he played Skyward sword in a bigger window

This led to the Trial Of Kyle Bosman. Kyle was found guilty (wrongfully) and they held an open challenge number one contender's match to decide who would face Huber at the next event. (they called it a Money In The Bank without it really being one). Brad won, then he beat Huber. It's a new era. Blood was the next number one contender

the deepest lore

But fans gifted a $500 championship belt specifically for that. lol

Well Kinda Funny finally got their own belt, they can still totally use that championship belt when the inevitable Kinda Funny/EZA Night of Champions crossover collaboration begins

Thanks!

Kyle lost a previous special, and was supposed to stream aLttP, so he eventually made a stream of himself playing Skyward Sword with aLttP speedrun in another camera. This lead to a "court case" ending with Huber deciding to not bet with Kyle anymore. Huber lost a special against Brad, and then Bloodworth won a qualifier.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Not wrongfully.

Grandius

Neo Member
Wew, that was...one hell of the betting special. Decided to try myself.
THE ROJO CALIENTE GUT CHECK CHALLENGE (1 point each)
Will Microsoft present a VR demonstration on stage? Probably, VR was the point of the presentation of Scorpio last E3. Buuuuut, probably not at the conference. Maybe, in booth
Will Mark Cerny speak? Hmm...Nah.
Will Dante make a joke? ....Dunno, so, no.
Will there be a dragon at the Microsoft press conference? No
Will there be an apparent love interest within the presentation for the new Wolfenstein? Yes
Will Nintendo unveil a new peripheral for the Switch? Proooobably a new version of existing peripheral. But it doesn't exactly count as NEW one. So, no.
Will Spyro make a non-Skylanders appearance? ...Sure, why not? Yes
Will an original Xbox-era Microsoft-owned franchise be revived? Hmm...Pretty please Metal Wolf Chaos?...Yes
Will we see more than 4 unreleased games feature a double jump? No, and, "unreleased"? Me thinks that "unnanounced" would be better choice of words
Will Kratos acquire a red orb? No
Will we witness the death of a ninja? Yes
Will Bowser speak a fully voice-acted sentence? Hmm. For SMO no, buuuuut, there's the whole Ubisoft game, in which Bowser can be present, soooo, a possibility is there.
Will the final game presentation of Ubisofts press conference feature violence? Yes
Will Michael Jordan be shown in NBA Live? Yes
Will there be falling snow in the reveal of the new Forza game? No
Will we see a lickers tongue? No
Will any fictional character apologise for keeping us waiting? nope.
Will Count Dooku be shown? Maybe yes
If I'm typing out Project Scorpio's announced name, will I have to press the spacebar more than once? No
Will we see any men crying in a video game? Yes
Will anyone on a bicycle fall over? No
Will Gundahar reveal himself? Yes

DEGENERATE QUARTET QUESTIONS (1 point each)

Will the Scorpio controller have any changes other than colour and insignia? Yes
Will we see a Belmont during the Nintendo Spotlight? Yes
Will Crackdown 3 be given a release date? Yes
Will Wolverine reveal himself? No
Will Shawn Layden wear a shirt featuring a video game character? Yes
Will we hear Imagine Dragons on Sunday? No
Will a Coin be Collected? Yes
Will we see a new playable character in an Evil Within sequel? Yes
Will Microtransactions be shown? Yes
Will we see a skateboard? No

SHOWDOWN (2 points each):

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? I still don't get what this bet means. I dunno, 15?
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? Somewhere inbetween 6:20-6:30
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? 75$ (I am on the same page as Blood here)

DOUBLE DOWN ON DON 2x2 points (4 points)

X to the power of Y
X value is every-time a ball carrier makes a spin move to avoid a tackle
Y value is when the ball carrier makes a hurdle move

X = 3
Y = 3
Bet = 27

FINAL BET (6 points)
Wew. So, PC Gaming Show. The presenter is talking about something, suddenly, the lights go dark. We hear the classic Valve logo music, and the logo appears itself. Then, the screen goes black, and we hear a female voice saying "Gordon, Gordon! Are you okay, Gordon?" Then the logo of THAT game appears, and then..."Out Now".

Cindro

I've never watched any of the GT betting specials before! This was hilarious.

When were Ultima Brad and Cold Blooded introduced? I went back to watch last year's EZA betting special to see if they popped up then, but they didn't. I feel like I'm missing a piece of the story!

And speaking of last year's bet, why was it so humiliating for Bosman to stream himself playing A Link to the Past? Does he dislike that game for some reason?

sn00zer

Wouldn't be a betting special without at least one instance of rule confusion, and at least one instance of a new rule being introduced that completely throws off the balance of the game, and at least one moment where the wording of the bet confuses everyone but Huber.

Love this stuff.

Fat4all

Banned
When were Ultima Brad and Cold Blooded introduced? I went back to watch last year's EZA betting special to see if they popped up then, but they didn't. I feel like I'm missing a piece of the story!

Nintendo Switch Presentation Betting Special

plufim

The final bet from Kyle and Huber should have had them randomly assigned by coin toss to one of the challengers each. Can't believe Kyle implemented a rule with no actual stakes.

Marow

Cold Blooded's timeline hijinks has an interesting twist to it:

he only says Rainy Day Ian, Brand Manager and Ultima Brad will go extinct.

Benzilla and Sports Guy... live!

And speaking of last year's bet, why was it so humiliating for Bosman to stream himself playing A Link to the Past? Does he dislike that game for some reason?

He loves Zelda but hates LttP. Here's his reasons: https://youtu.be/jjru5T9GLOc?t=2m6s

ShadyK54

The video is too good. Gonna be on replay for the next few days.

My bets!

PLAY AT HOME QUESTIONS

Will Microsoft present a VR demonstration on stage? YES
Will Mark Cerny speak? NO
Will Dante make a joke? YES
Will there be a dragon at the Microsoft press conference? NO
Will there be an apparent love interest within the presentation for the new Wolfenstein? NO
Will Nintendo unveil a new peripheral for the Switch? NO
Will Spyro make a non-Skylanders appearance? YES
Will an original Xbox-era Microsoft-owned franchise be revived? YES
Will we see more than 4 unreleased games feature a double jump? NO
Will Kratos acquire a red orb? YES
Will we witness the death of a ninja? NO
Will Bowser speak a fully voice-acted sentence? NO
Will the final game presentation of Ubisofts press conference feature violence? YES
Will Michael Jordan be shown in NBA Live? NO
Will there be falling snow in the reveal of the new Forza game? YES
Will we see a lickers tongue? NO
Will any fictional character apologise for keeping us waiting? NO
Will Count Dooku be shown? NO
If I'm typing out Project Scorpio's announced name, will I have to press the spacebar more than once? NO
Will we see any men crying in a video game? YES
Will anyone on a bicycle fall over? NO
Will Gundahar reveal himself YES

Will the Scorpio controller have any changes other than colour and insignia? NO
Will we see a Belmont during the Nintendo Spotlight? YES
Will Crackdown 3 be given a release date? YES
Will Wolverine reveal himself? NO
Will Shawn Layden wear a shirt featuring a video game character? NO
Will we hear Imagine Dragons on Sunday? NO
Will a Coin be Collected? YES
Will we see a new playable character in an Evil Within sequel? YES
Will Microtransactions be shown? NO
Will we see a skateboard? YES

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? 12
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? 6:45
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? (No price announced, bets are void) $50

X to the power of Y

2 TO THE POWER OF 2 = 4

FINAL BET (6 points)

BLOODBORNE 2 WILL BE ANNOUNCED & REVEALED, AND WILL COME WITH A COPY OF THE ALSO ANNOUNCED & REVEALED DEMON SOULS REMASTERED FROM BLUEPOINT GAMES

On any big conference or event (TGS, PSX Experience, Switch reveal announcement, etc..they will have a betting special if they are able to.

Regiruler

PLAY AT HOME QUESTIONS

Will Microsoft present a VR demonstration on stage? Yes
Will Mark Cerny speak? Yes
Will Dante make a joke? No
Will there be a dragon at the Microsoft press conference? Yes
Will there be an apparent love interest within the presentation for the new Wolfenstein? No
Will Nintendo unveil a new peripheral for the Switch? No
Will Spyro make a non-Skylanders appearance? No
Will an original Xbox-era Microsoft-owned franchise be revived? Yes
Will we see more than 4 unreleased games feature a double jump? Yes. The games just have to be shown and have a double jump in them. Indie reels.
Will we witness the death of a ninja? Yes. They didn't specify this had to be an important character, any game with a ninja mook should work.
Will Bowser speak a fully voice-acted sentence? No
Will the final game presentation of Ubisofts press conference feature violence? Yes
Will Michael Jordan be shown in NBA Live? Yes
Will we see a lickers tongue? No, the fuck does this even mean?
Will any fictional character apologise for keeping us waiting? No
Will Count Dooku be shown? Yes. You will have to look closely though.
If I'm typing out Project Scorpio's announced name, will I have to press the spacebar more than once? No
Will we see any men crying in a video game? Yes. Even without Death Stranding I think this is a given.
Will Gundahar reveal himself No. The fuck is this. Apparently a Knack character?

Will the Scorpio controller have any changes other than colour and insignia? Yes
Will we see a Belmont during the Nintendo Spotlight? No
Will a Coin be Collected? Yes. Mario Odyssey is going to be in the spotlight.
Will we see a new playable character in an Evil Within sequel? No
Will we see a skateboard? Yes. Risky bet here, but I think Olli Olli 2 might be in a reel.

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? I don't understand this question. Wouldn't it just be how many letters will be in the last presenter? It's Yoshiaki Koizumi, 15 letters.
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? Not shown
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? (No price announced, bets are void) $100

X to the power of Y

FINAL BET (6 points)
Metroid Prime 4

alternative answer: There will be 1 or more games coming to the Wii U.

That's how bets work though, you lose you have a punishment.

Not Bosman's fault the terms were poorly worded. Was it bad sportsmanship? Absolutely. Did he follow the terms to the letter? Absolutely. Either way though, I'm just happy that it led to the insane arc we're still on today. This was a fantastic special, and I'm excited going forward no matter who wins!

I think Brad has the inside track with these bets, but anything could happen. E3 is the best.

That's how bets work though, you lose you have a punishment.
Contract was followed as written

Should've been more specific and used a few more proofreaders beforehand

Doesn't matter though because chat ignored clear evidence and voted for a stream they didn't watch

sinonobu

Banned
PLAY AT HOME QUESTIONS

Will Microsoft present a VR demonstration on stage? No
Will there be an apparent love interest within the presentation for the new Wolfenstein? No
Will Nintendo unveil a new peripheral for the Switch? Yes
Will we see more than 4 unreleased games feature a double jump? No
Will Kratos acquire a red orb? Yes
Will Bowser speak a fully voice-acted sentence? Yes
Will the final game presentation of Ubisofts press conference feature violence? No
Will Michael Jordan be shown in NBA Live? No
Will any fictional character apologise for keeping us waiting? Yes
Will Count Dooku be shown? No
If I'm typing out Project Scorpio's announced name, will I have to press the spacebar more than once? Yes
Will Gundahar reveal himself No

Will we see a Belmont during the Nintendo Spotlight? Yes
Will we hear Imagine Dragons on Sunday? Yes

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? (14)
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? 6:40PM
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? (No price announced, bets are void) $0

X to the power of Y

3^2= 9

FINAL BET (6 points)
Golden Sun Remake Developed by Atlus using UE4. Coming 2018 Spring.

Tankard

Not Bosman's fault the terms were poorly worded. Was it bad sportsmanship? Absolutely. Did he follow the terms to the letter? Absolutely. Either way though, I'm just happy that it led to the insane arc we're still on today. This was a fantastic special, and I'm excited going forward no matter who wins!

I think Brad has the inside track with these bets, but anything could happen. E3 is the best.

Contract was followed as written

Should've been more specific and used a few more proofreaders beforehand

Doesn't matter though because chat ignored clear evidence and voted for a stream they didn't watch

We've been through this already, but there shouldn't even have had a contract to begin with, it was only written because Kyle had a maneuver before to get out of the intention of a bet. Just go and pay your bet the way it was intended, that simple.

LycanXIII

Ultima Brad showed up at the end of a stream (Brad won the TGS betting special), not sure which, but his first betting special was for PSX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyJ54hXEhOg&index=11&list=PLG-DSt_Mr02gCYoVQDsmfPefnLCKEeOhw

Cold Blooded and the rest (Damiani was just a ref at that point) showed up at the Switch presentation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYlj4rAjeog&index=13&list=PLG-DSt_Mr02gCYoVQDsmfPefnLCKEeOhw

Ashtar

OP is kind of a mess with both the play at home questions and the betting of the competitors, so here's the play at home version:

PLAY AT HOME QUESTIONS

Will Nintendo unveil a new peripheral for the Switch? Yes
Will Spyro make a non-Skylanders appearance? Yes
Will there be falling snow in the reveal of the new Forza game? Yes
Will we see a lickers tongue? Yes
Will any fictional character apologise for keeping us waiting? Yes
Will we see any men crying in a video game? No

Will the Scorpio controller have any changes other than colour and insignia? No
Will Shawn Layden wear a shirt featuring a video game character? No

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? 32
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? 9:39
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? (No price announced, bets are void) 100

X to the power of Y

FINAL BET (6 points)
2D metroid announced and with release in 2017 Starring Black Samus
Great betting special! sucks that double down on don wasn't understood, but they were waaay high anyway.
I can't lie Cold blooded sent a shiver down my spine with trying to destroy the new era

OP is kind of a mess with both the play at home questions and the betting of the competitors, so here's the play at home version:

PLAY AT HOME QUESTIONS

Will Microsoft present a VR demonstration on stage? Yes
Will Mark Cerny speak? No
Will Dante make a joke? YES
Will there be an apparent love interest within the presentation for the new Wolfenstein? Yes
Will an original Xbox-era Microsoft-owned franchise be revived? No
Will we witness the death of a ninja? No
If I'm typing out Project Scorpio's announced name, will I have to press the spacebar more than once? Best question, yes
Will Gundahar reveal himself? 100% yes

Will Crackdown 3 be given a release date? I fucking hope so
Will Wolverine reveal himself? Nope
Will Shawn Layden wear a shirt featuring a video game character? Not at E3
Will we hear Imagine Dragons on Sunday? Yes
Will we see a new playable character in an Evil Within sequel? No....maybe....Yes?
Will we see a skateboard? Yes

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? 16
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? 1:05:14
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? (No price announced, bets are void) $100

X to the power of Y

FINAL BET (6 points)

A new arcade-style motorcross game will be announced on stage, with a focus on tricks and freestyle. Tony Hawk style trick inputs, no stick shenanigans other than flips and rolls

Charamiwa

Banned
Guilty or not, writing contracts and trying to weasel out of your bets was a bad and uninteresting trend and I'm glad to see it gone. You lose, you do the thing you're supposed to do. Simple and fair.

-hadouken

Wish there were fewer arbitrary bets. Would be more interesting if their feel for the industry was being put to the test. Still fun, tho.

Always love this but yeah I do like it more when its Bosman Vs. Huber so Go Cold Blooded, that is such huge stakes.

As for my own...

Will we see more than 4 unreleased games feature a double jump? Yes
Will we see any men crying in a video game? No
Will Gundahar reveal himself No

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? 15
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? 7:00
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? (No price announced, bets are void) 100$

X to the power of Y

FINAL BET (6 points)
Nintendo will partner with Sega and create Shining Force X Fire Emblem, developed jointly by Camelot and Intelligent Systems!

Zyrox

Boy that was quite the betting special. Here are my own bezs.

PLAY AT HOME QUESTIONS

Will Microsoft present a VR demonstration on stage? No.
Will Mark Cerny speak? Nope.
Will Dante make a joke? I don't trust Capcom to deliver so no.
Will there be a dragon at the Microsoft press conference? Yes.
Will there be an apparent love interest within the presentation for the new Wolfenstein? Yes.
Will Nintendo unveil a new peripheral for the Switch? No.
Will Spyro make a non-Skylanders appearance? lolno
Will an original Xbox-era Microsoft-owned franchise be revived? No.
Will we see more than 4 unreleased games feature a double jump? No.
Will Kratos acquire a red orb? He won't.
Will we witness the death of a ninja? No.
Will Bowser speak a fully voice-acted sentence? No.
Will the final game presentation of Ubisofts press conference feature violence? Yes.
Will Michael Jordan be shown in NBA Live? No.
Will there be falling snow in the reveal of the new Forza game? Yes.
Will we see a lickers tongue? No.
Will any fictional character apologise for keeping us waiting? Yes.
Will Count Dooku be shown? No.
If I'm typing out Project Scorpio's announced name, will I have to press the spacebar more than once? Yes.
Will we see any men crying in a video game? Yes.
Will anyone on a bicycle fall over? No.
Will Gundahar reveal himself? Yes.

Will the Scorpio controller have any changes other than colour and insignia? No.
Will we see a Belmont during the Nintendo Spotlight? No.
Will Crackdown 3 be given a release date? Yes.
Will Wolverine reveal himself? No.
Will Shawn Layden wear a shirt featuring a video game character? Yes.
Will we hear Imagine Dragons on Sunday? No.
Will a Coin be Collected? Yes.
Will we see a new playable character in an Evil Within sequel? Yes.
Will Microtransactions be shown? No.
Will we see a skateboard? Yes.

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? 15.
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? 6:20
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? (No price announced, bets are void) $50

X to the power of Y
3^2=9

FINAL BET (6 points)
Nintendo will announce a character action game starring bounty hunter Douglas Jay Falcon. It will be developed by Platinum games and come out in 2018.

FINAL BET (6 points)
Nintendo will announce a character action game starring bounty hunter Douglas Jay Falcon. It will be developed by Platinum games and come out in 2018.
I don't think this is even that unrealistic (though it won't happen this year)

I have little doubt we're more likely to get a new Captain Falcon game than an F-Zero. And rather than Platinum I think it'd be Sakurai, Kid Icarus: Uprising style

Great video once again

The stakes are so high. I'd love to see huber vs Kyle. But I can't say goodbye to Brand Manager and Benzilla!

The intro was awesome
The "Nice Bet" moment had me busting out laughing.
Brand Manager is top tier once again
And the Kyle/Huber bickering that Kyle hoped would get cut out was great (and of course isn't cut out)

Kneefoil

I haven't actually calculated how many points I think each of them will get, but my gut feeling from just watching the betting special once is that Ultima will win.

I do wish that the old era could exist alongside the Ultima era, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick the classic. So I guess I would be on team Cold Blooded.

Kyle does not like the game, but that's not the reason he tried to weasel his way out of streaming the game. He did it because Huber made him sign a contract, and that didn't sit well with Kyle.

Hah, love these. I THINK i want Cold Blooded to win, as the Huber/Bosman rivalry is basically as intense as Red Wings/Avalanche from the mid 90's, but i'd certainly miss out on some of those personas. Stakes are high.

PLAY AT HOME QUESTIONS

Will Mark Cerny speak? No
Will Spyro make a non-Skylanders appearance? Yes
Will we witness the death of a ninja? No
Will there be falling snow in the reveal of the new Forza game? Yes

Will Wolverine reveal himself? Yes
Will Shawn Layden wear a shirt featuring a video game character? No
Will Microtransactions be shown? No
Will we see a skateboard? Yes

How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name? 19
Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-Man be shown? Star the show, 0:01
At the end of E3, what will the price difference be between Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro? (No price announced, bets are void) $0

X to the power of Y

FINAL BET (6 points)

Trailers for Red Dead 2 and Bully 2 will both be shown during the Playstation conference.

Some of those bets are insane. MS will change the Xbox controller, Brad? seriously lol

Sony redesigned the ps4 controller with the slim so it's not unheard of. We've already had atleast two versions of the xbone controller. I don't know the details but it had something to donwith the headphone jack.

For real though Scorpio will come with the Xbox elite controller or whatever it's called.

Top Bottom