• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Carl

Kyle's comments on the presentation of the conference was so bang on and hilarious. What was the camera man thinking?

Mariolee

I thought my stream was broken during the voice-over montage with no visuals. Knowing that it wasn't makes this joke all the sweeter lol

PetrCobra

If you're on desktop-GAF go to the top of this page and click on Subscribe -> Add Subscription. Voila, a new thread has been added to your Subscriptions! Just check it every once in a while and click on the NeoGAF logo to go to the first unread post in the thread. That's how I keep up with my various subbed threads.

If you're on mobile-GAF I think it's under Tools at the very bottom of the page. Same process though.

That was the exact thing I didn't know. Thank you good sir.

Axass

Kyle's geniality is him being himself and at the same time representing so well what the average gamer (not-journalist) thinks. I can't think of ONE time I've disagreed with him and for me that's something. Love him, we need more journalists like him. Actually we need more people like him.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Kyle's geniality is him being himself and at the same time representing so well what the average gamer (not-journalist) thinks. I can't think of ONE time I've disagreed with him and for me that's something. Love him, we need more journalists like him. Actually we need more people like him.

So true. People keep saying he's so genuine and just plain nice, but it really can't be said enough. I think it's a bit of a disservice to call him an "average" gamer, though. He seems to really know his stuff and shows true passion for his work. He is very fair in his judgement and never appears to "side" with a company or product, which is very healthy considering journalism these days.

He also seems to enjoy his work and poking fun at the industry. It's important to not take what we do too seriously, and in bits like the end of the last episode his sense of humour really shines. My face broke into an uncontrollable grin as he did that hushed commentary, and was in tears by the time it cut to him unable to contain his laughter.

Kyle Bosman. *Salute*

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think it's a bit of a disservice to call him an "average" gamer, though. He seems to really know his stuff and shows true passion for his work.

I think the idea here is that he doesn't look at things from an industry perspective like so many journalists do. He clearly knows his stuff but still looks at things from the perspective of gamers.

LycanXIII

7ca9c6f9303a39cf4998319b53640403.png

Does anyone know which other episodes have those song dance breaks where he starts jamming out with the words on the screen? Cracks me up every time

His twitter says that the episode's "fulla spoilers" Spoilers for what, exactly?

Has giant red warnings in the episode for a GTA V spoiler (kinda questionable since it was mentioned by a dev/writer a while back but it does sound kinda major if it's really true) and a CoD: Black Ops II spoiler. It's ok the video gives you plenty of time to skip ahead with timestamps.

Very funny episode, love his little anxiety attacks he gets lol

Has giant red warnings in the episode for a GTA V spoiler (kinda questionable since it was mentioned by a dev/writer a while back but it does sound kinda major if it's really true) and a CoD: Black Ops II spoiler. It's ok the video gives you plenty of time to skip ahead with timestamps.

Very funny episode, love his little anxiety attacks he gets lol
Awesome, appreciate that. I've avoided spoilers for GTA for a while, I'd hate to lose that battle so close to release.

Edit: He's wearing the GAF tie again. Awesome.

Tuck

Too bad the Nintendo news didn't come out earlier - would have loved to hear his thoughts on it.

Great ep as usual.

Thank god Kyle warned everyone about spoilers, fantastic episode as always.

Edit: like a idiot I read the comments. ._. Habits are hard to break

lol yup, looked at the comments before watching it, heheh good thing I wasn't planning to get GTAV.

WARNING: MAJOR STORY SPOILER IN THE 1ST COMMENT

Angelcurio

Awesome episode as always. I never grow tired of the battle of bands at the end of the episodes, specially with the constant Microsoft executives changing positions lately.

OmahaG8

I'm very much on board with that guy's space exploration Soviet discovery game.

And one of those guys had a neckbeard that was just... spectacular.

Desiato

Lifeless Planet and Scale look really cool.

I hope Microsoft isn't done with all the executive switching yet, this Battle of the Bands stuff continuous to be amusing.

jond76

Banned
Awesome episode. I like where Kyle's head is at. Also, Lifeless Planet looks fucking cooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!! Between that and Routine, ohmygod!!

One of the best Bosman's ever.

I hope this is the age of the indie, because this industry needs new blood and new ideas that go beyond monetization and widening the audience.

Mariolee

Okay that last battle of the bands had me laughing my ass off.

I actually had no idea that they had already switched her out for a new guy. I'm so behind on Microsoft's constantly changing staff that I'm resorting to using Kyle's Battle of the Bands segments to rely on them. And it seems so far they're quite accurate.

Top Bottom