• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

mishakoz

I love all of his episodes, but this was the best one in awhile. I wholeheartedly agreed with all of his points, and was DYING at the Wind Waker joke, which sucks considering I'm in a library. The card jokes were amazing, and really shows how GT really is biased against Nintendo. Maybe not biased, but just not on the same playing field as the PS4 and Xbone. A lot of you might agree with that, but I really think the Wii U is a next gen console simply because it was released and manufactured as part of this new gen.

I think the joke is more that Kyle Is noticing these things about GT and not liking them. The next gen showdown just wouldn't make sense unless the Wii U was releasing this year too.

Endo Punk

The final point about Sony Smash Bros. I know that feel all to well Brosman. Never again will I say a SSB is a good idea, never.

loved the episode tho I don't agree with him about the AA batteries thing. Maybe its becuase I use a wireless gaming mouse and have a ton of Eneloops around the house but I'd rather have the option to swap out batteries than have it built in

Another fun episode, I kinda think the whole GT card bit may have more truth to it than we think. I'm sure GT wants as much content (lol) concerning the next gen hype as it can possibly muster up now that the release dates draw nearer. I mean, I don't think they forced him to abandon the Wii U talking points, but I'm sure they want him to emphasize Xbox One and PS4 more than anything.

That ending was hilarious. Never really noticed the avatar thing before haha

Ludist210

I mean, I don't think they forced him to abandon the Wii U talking points, but I'm sure they want him to emphasize Xbox One and PS4 more than anything.

That ending was hilarious. Never really noticed the avatar thing before haha
Yeah, I think it was more tongue-in-cheek than anything, and it made me chuckle (he made his third point technically about the Wii U, so there you go).

Another strong episode. I really enjoy this series.

UNCMark

Banned
Disagree about the batteries. Choice is better than no choice, and I prefer my eneloops. Great episode though finally after weeks of mediocrity. Loved the final insult tossed Microsoft's way with the final word of the episode.

Kansoku

Loved this episode. I think that the cards joke, not only works for GT but for the overall instance on Nintendo a lot of people seem to have. Nintendo is always pushed to the side.

Drain You

Ugh, I don't get why people want rechargeable batteries inside controllers. First off I prefer to use wired only so I don't even have to worry about it but if I am using wireless I'd rather have the option to throw in some AA's if need be.

Drain You

Because it just makes sense.

Maybe for you, for me I'd prefer throwing in some AA's and being at full battery life if wired controllers are not an option. Also I'm sure some people would rather console manufacturers make decisions like this ( no matter how small ) in order to keep the console price down, while also giving the option to buy rechargeable ones. Atleast thats how I see it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Maybe for you, for me I'd prefer throwing in some AA's and being at full battery life if wired controllers are not an option. Also I'm sure some people would rather console manufacturers make decisions like this ( no matter how small ) in order to keep the console price down, while also giving the option to buy rechargeable ones. Atleast thats how I see it.

Well the PS3 controller and I assume the PS4 controller runs through the wire if you have it connected and only goes wireless once you disconnect it. As someone who mostly has hers plugged in most of the time it just makes sense to just unplug it real quick if I'm going to use it wirelessly for a bit. I imagine the PS4 manual will have instructions on how to replace the battery like the DS3 did should it ever die out but that is yet to be seen.

Ryan Davis was my favorite gaming personality for such a long time, but after his passing I am very confident in saying that Kyle holds that title for me now.

I dislike how I only get ~10 minutes of his perspective every week (whereas the giantbombcast is still regularly 3+ hours), but that is my only actual complaint. There isn't enough Bosman to sustain me through the week.

NewGame

Banned
This was the funniest Bosman episode yet. I almost peed myself after the credits where you can hear his thoughts as a normal person and then as an Xbox avatar.

Kerned

Banned
Ryan Davis was my favorite gaming personality for such a long time, but after his passing I am very confident in saying that Kyle holds that title for me now.

I dislike how I only get ~10 minutes of his perspective every week (whereas the giantbombcast is still regularly 3+ hours), but that is my only actual complaint. There isn't enough Bosman to sustain me through the week.

In my fantasy world, Kyle leaves GT and goes to Giant Bomb.

Brakara

I dunno, I don't think he would be such a good fit there. Notice how his best bits are scripted, and how he gets a bit drowned out when he's on other shows (and especially together with other strong personalities).

And, yeah, this week's Final Bosman was brilliant.

Goku

Banned
Ugh, I don't get why people want rechargeable batteries inside controllers. First off I prefer to use wired only so I don't even have to worry about it but if I am using wireless I'd rather have the option to throw in some AA's if need be.

Because of choice. Battery dead? Swap. Especially useful when I'm sitting far away from the TV and don't have to plug in the miniUSB cable into my controller.
Also, I got a play&charge cable for about 2,70 dollars, and you don't even need a batteries in the controller for it to work, the controller will become wired essentially.

The way I game is on a 60", about 3,5 meters from TV on a couch. Like I said earlier, it's much more convenient for me to swap a battery than to move closer to my console and grab a cable.

Well the PS3 controller and I assume the PS4 controller runs through the wire if you have it connected and only goes wireless once you disconnect it. As someone who mostly has hers plugged in most of the time it just makes sense to just unplug it real quick if I'm going to use it wirelessly for a bit. I imagine the PS4 manual will have instructions on how to replace the battery like the DS3 did should it ever die out but that is yet to be seen.

Another indication of the fact that PS3 controller runs through the wire wile connected is that when you disconnect the wire, the controller won't work for a second or two because it'll be connecting wirelessly (indicated by all the led's blinking).

-----------
By the way, regarding the Sony Smash Bro's stuff, people seem really traumatised by it. Is it because the game is so bad or is it because the idea itself seems better in the imagination than in real life?

Oh damn, I wish you wouldn't have put that thought into my head. That would be so unbelievably perfect. Kyle Bosman a regular on the Bombcast? Hnnng

This was my favorite episode of his in a while. I always particularly like the shows where his topics are more broad in scope as opposed to ones where he is covering a particular news item.

Ty4on

You silly people who don't use rechargeable AA batteries already.

Loved the ep. I was out in public while watching it and had to constantly force myself not to laugh. WWHD and the SSB ending were just too good though.

Taker34

Banned
This episode was fantastic as always, especially the end.
bosmanh0ssh.gif

good episode love the list episodes

Wii U card joke was great and the whole edgy Xbox Avatar slant was hilarious

I also enjoyed how he went into detail for everything except when he he talked about Sony making a SSB where he just stated the number and concluded it with a pause and then okay lets wrap up the episode

Ultimadrago

Going back to the Steam episode, I lost it when he said with a deliberately shaky voice, "These small, strong weighted electromagnets..."

The delivery.

CREMSteve

Great episode.

I recently picked up ps all stars for 10 bucks at wal-mart and I've been having a blast with it. Even my 5 and 7 year old daughters are enjoying it, they play when I'm not home so they can get better and finally beat their dad when I get home.

The day my kids start beating me is going to be a rough day, lol.

Seda

Saw this week's episode, definitely a pretty good list of things he touched on. Enjoyable clip with an appropriate amount of humor.

Zomba13

Or, have a built in battery (like the DS3) that, if you want, you can use wired by plugging a mini USB cable into it. Best of both worlds.

Kerned

Banned
He's too reasonable for GiantBomb, anyways.

Nah, that's why it would work. They could use another person who isn't jaded and cynical about everything. I mean, I know it's not going to happen, so it's kind of pointless speculation anyway.

Top Bottom