• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Flash': Matthew Vaughn, Robert Zemeckis, Sam Raimi on Shortlist to Direct

Poyunch

Matthew Vaughn's a-ok but my god if you wanted to get me interested in the Flash movie getting Sam Raimi is definitely a good way to

Raimi or Zemeckis would be really dope. Especially Raimi, but I think a script overhaul would be needed too to fit with his approach most likely.

Vaughn I don't like tbh, his movies have really cool moments but they are never good movies imo.

Raimi would be way better for Superman than Vaughn too. The heart of his Spidey trilogy owes a lot to the Donner classic tbh.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Honestly, I think Raimi is the guy you want on Cyborg. I think he could do something odd, off-kilter, and interesting.

Live action version of this?
oII8Za0.gif

After the jazz musical number, of course.

Of all those directors, Raimi is the one I think would produce the most interesting film. So I would want him picked just to see what happens.

Ashhong

Lukewarm on Zemeckis for Flash. Vaughn or Raimi would be a better choice.

Honestly, I think Raimi is the guy you want on Cyborg. I think he could do something odd, off-kilter, and interesting. Zemeckis could do a good Superman though.

Well the last rumor was that it would be a Cyborg and Flash buddy film, so that would work out

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A Flash movie directed by Sam Raimi ?

Fuck yes just for the potential Bruce Campbell cameos.

I'd actually like Zemeckis the most out of those picks. But really, Edgar Wright would be my pick if I thought he'd ever be interested in a project like this again after the Antman debacle.

Raimi would have the tone down pat the most. But Zemeckis has a better handle on effects whilst still having a good control on tone.
Can you read minds? This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Rue

I'm very conflicted about Raimi being on the table here. I love most of his work but I hated his Spider-Man flicks.

Ironically enough, the only films of Mathew Vaughn's I don't like are Kick-Ass 1 & 2. But I still think he would be my pick out of these 3 for The Flash. Dude has a fun sensibility and could knock it out of the park if chosen.

Sam Raimi would also obviously be excellent.

I dig Zemeckis, but I'm not especially excited about the prospect of him directing this.

Zemeckis would be my choice, although Raimi & Vaughn wouldn't be bad either. All three will be better then whatever no-name studio hack they'll probably get to make the film though.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Honestly, I think Raimi is the guy you want on Cyborg. I think he could do something odd, off-kilter, and interesting. Zemeckis could do a good Superman though.
Raimi is not above doing forgettable studio mercenary-work. There was genuine passion behind Spider-Man 1 and 2. He'll, there was passion behind 3, though it was far more "I'm bitter about this whole fucking thing and think the black suit story is super fucking stupid. I'll show em how stupid it is..."

I'd hope he'd come to Flash with the former and less the utter disinterest he seemingly had with Oz

online love for Vaughn continues to baffle me.

he has some cool scenes in his movies but they all fall short, and they tend to look cheap to boot.

Like I'm there week one for Kingsmen 2, it's got freaking Super Cowboys teaming up with Super Spies now, and the cast is fantastic as usual with his films. but I have a feeling its gonna be much like the last movie where I only came out impressed with a few scenes.

it was all downhill after Layer Cake.

He'd be Barry's dad or something.

already cast as Billy Crudup. You see a shot of him in jail in the justice league trailer too.

one thing about Vaughn though is that somehow he'll manage to get some major actors in the Flash movie with his involvement. I dunno how he does it but he gets cool ensembles.

I think he could pull in McConaughey as reverse flash or something if he wanted.

A rumor from an apparent screening of a cut of Justice League said Raimi fell in love with Cyborg's character.

Raimi would be choice. Other two are nice as well. At least glad they're not going fast and cheap with Flash's production. Script writer is questionable but I imagine they'll work on it once there is a director.

If only they had Ezra as Wally, then Tobey could be Barry, and Bruce Campbell as Jay Garrick.

A rumor from an apparent screening of a cut of Justice League said Raimi fell in love with Cyborg's character.

Who knows where they're at now, but Cyborg was in a version of The Flash script.

wonder if Raimi got Darkman flashbacks with Cyborg or what.

can't muster any fucks for that movie right now but if he signed on then it's an easy day one.

If only they had Ezra as Wally, then Tobey could be Barry, and Bruce Campbell as Jay Garrick.

fuuuu this idea is too nice. fuck it, make Tobey Joe West brehs lol.

already cast as Billy Crudup. You see a shot of him in jail in the justice league trailer too.

Ohhhhhhh, that's what that scene was. Good choice actually.

I didn't know that, but Cyborg definitely seems like a character Raimi would love in his composition. The whole, semi-human thing is way in his wheelhouse.

Slayven

Cyborg's journey to get BET

Dabanton

From what I've seen of how they're doing The Flash in JL... Vaughn would be the best fit.

If he could nail that breezy but dangerous tone he brought to Kickass and KIngsmen then it would be rad.

Raimi would be fantastic for Flash, hope there's a homage or two to his spidey movies.

I would LOVE Edgar Wright to take on Shazam.

Wasn't Vaughn also on the shortlist for Man Of Steel 2? Personally, I'd bury the hell out of this Superman and bring Kara to the big screen or Superboy. I'm tired of this pussy we are stuck with named Superman. Go fuck Lois on the tub you alien. But regarding this topic: yes, a Flash film with Vaughn at the helm
and a different writer
would be cool.

Can't hate on Zemeckis ... dude directed BttF and Roger Rabbit.

All solid choices

Spider-Man 2 is one of the best super hero movies ever made but .... some stories are as strong as their endings =P

Good thing Spidey is as strong as its beginning and middle.

FeD.nL

Posted in the other thread but I'd like to see this happen:

Raimi - The Flash
Zemeckis - Green Lantern Corps
Vaughn - Teen Titans

Keep Manganiello out of the Batman but headline him as the main villain for a Vaughn directed Teen Titans. DCEU saved.

Guys, I love Raimi as much as anyone but the man hasn't made a good film since Spider-man 2. Same thing with Zemeckis.

Vaughn is the only sane choice in this list, especially if you want to bring a sense of energy and fun to the proceedings.

Top Bottom