• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2023 | OT | The Star of The Live Show Field is the Doritos Pope

Who will win the most awards at the Game of The Year 2023?

• Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 206 76.3%
  • Marvel's Spider Man 2

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Alan Wake 2

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom

Votes: 34 12.6%
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Super Mario Bros: Wonder

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phant0m

42nd worst rated game on Steam of all time:

Yet it's winning awards over some legitimately good games in the category.

They clearly felt like they needed to throw Spencer and the shills a bone.

Xbox did buy a lot of ads AND “premieres”

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like Xbox are having a good night with Blade and HB2. As a ps5 player I’m frustrated as there’s still nothing I’m waiting for at the moment and I don’t see any megaton announcements coming any time soon. I was hoping for a crumb or two…

Yep.

Dedicated Showcase-caliber announcements tonight. Good shit.

Mozzarella

Hold on something is fucked up here, Best Game Direction Alan Wake 2??
As far as i know Best game direction is best gameplay.
So how did a game known for its bad gameplay winning this over TOTK or BG3 where the game design is absolutely top tier?
Something is not right with this choice.

GHG

Gold Member
Lose Willy Wonka GIF

Considering what it's been up against it doesn't deserve anything quite frankly.

Well maybe if they put in a mode where the game plays itself from start to finish then it could have won the "accessibility" award.

cripterion

I don't think Spiderman 2 is gonna get an award, or either deserving of one what with the the other offerings on display. It's s a safe sequel, more of the same maybe if they had introduced some co-op...

In any case, I'm glad this show is light on CoD crap, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for that franchise and it can quietly go the way of dodo just like Battlefield did.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
New Monster Hunter!

What brand of crack is Capcom smokin to have this kind of output!? Jesus Christ. Publisher of the generation

Last edited:
Top Bottom