• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Hellblade II is massive, and growing.

Eiknarf

I personally cant wait to play it. I love these cinematic games and this one looks crazy good with amazing sound too. Loved the first one, probably gonna love this one too 🤷‍♂️
I'm making fun of this game, but that's only because I think it's dumb for the FIRST GAME to be on XBOX and PLAYSTATION while this sequel is only on XBOX. Kinda stupid.
I liked the first. I'd give it a 7.5 out of ten. Dug the premise and idea. Puzzles were fun for a little bit, but got "too much" after a while.

So now, I tease the hell out of the release, the last minute review embargo, the no-PS5...etc

Luipadre

I'm making fun of this game, but that's only because I think it's dumb for the FIRST GAME to be on XBOX and PLAYSTATION while this sequel is only on XBOX. Kinda stupid.
I liked the first. I'd give it a 7.5 out of ten. Dug the premise and idea. Puzzles were fun for a little bit, but got "too much" after a while.

So now, I tease the hell out of the release, the last minute review embargo, the no-PS5...etc

last minute embargo means nothing and dont worry, it will be on PS5 later...

gokurho

WildBoy

Every time I see this title I imagine Phil trying to start a fake hype campaign.
Is anyone really excited for this lol. I mean I am curious sure. But that’s about it
Yes super hyped. I have been waiting for this since that game awards reveal and it looks every bit like it's gonna exceed my own expectations. Rarely does a game have this level of focus. It's drenched with atmosphere. The visual illusions really do something for me. I know people hate MS but if this was on PS5 it would be the next thing to latch on to.

Damn, how many burners have you had OP? 😂 (also, sorry about the light theme 🤷‍♂️)

yXfIhjL.png

Last edited:
Is there a reason there’s zero actual marketing for this game? It’s potentially the best looking game ever and they’re just not even trying to sell it

Damn, how many burners have you had OP?
I think it became a meme from a user called IncoldBlood

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What did Hellblade 1 sell?

No one gives a shit about this sequel. It’s a vehicle for some cringey mocap drama narrative “experience” that died in the 90s.

MS is watching, and Ninja Theory is over.

gubzEx2.png

The game went on to sell atleast 1 million units.

DgTCXaqXcAA2M4o.jpg

Humdinger

Gold Member
No need to denigrate the first game. If it's not your cup of tea, fine. But it did well enough. It was not a flop, not a failure. It got reasonably good critical reception and acceptable sales, especially for a AA niche title. People are getting too polarized about this, like they're rooting for it to be an absolute disaster.

Personally, I hope it's a good game. I am on PS5 and expect a port eventually. Better a good game than a bad one... I'm not expecting anything extraordinary - around 81 metacritic like the first, with mixed reception as you'd expect. But I enjoyed the first and have taken a liking to short, linear games lately. I'm hoping it turns out reasonably well, and that it gets a port to PS5. I won't buy it for $50, but I would consider it when it gets to around $20.

King Dazzar

It looks very soft/low res, maybe partly caused by too much processing? The first shot is my favourite though. The detail on Senua looks good and the atmosphere of the settlement looks great too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hellblade-2-new-screenshots-5.jpg

Hellblade-2-new-screenshots-6.jpg

Hellblade-2-new-screenshots-7.jpg

Looks phenomenal!

Looks like the first UE5 based game that's come closest to the initial tech demos.

It looks very soft/low res, maybe partly caused by too much processing? The first shot is my favourite though. The detail on Senua looks good and the atmosphere of the settlement looks great too.

They're using very heavy post processing for the presentation, the base game is ~1440p up-scaled to 2160p using UE5's temporal super resolution up-scaling.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Most likely a compression issue with the shots (if you're talking about the ones I posted). The game should look notably crisper than that!

Regardless, I actually wish this was 100% exclusive to the Series X (at least at launch). Would have been the perfect game to truly show what the console could do with no restrictions, but I get that the Series S and weaker PCs had to be considered.

Last edited:
... oh boy these interviews are 😬.

The story better deliver a "meaningful", fulfilling arc, because it seems that is the only thing this "game" has going for it, otherwise I smell a 6/10 on MC.

Top Bottom