• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjoe

Neo Member
Me and a friend released our second game on the AppStore yesterday (My Super Kandorah). It's a fun vertical scroller action/arcade type of game with retro look and nice chiptune music. I hope you guys give it a try and tell me what you think.

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-super-kandorah/id580275096?mt=8

photo-2.png
photo-3.png

A couple of promo code:
T74AL6XHMXT3
4YNYAMHR6WF4
TJ3JTNFT4RXE
WALFL93NHLXA
JMAFEJ433WNE

Zzoram

Me and a friend released our second game on the AppStore yesterday (My Super Kandorah). It's a fun vertical scroller action/arcade type of game with retro look and nice chiptune music. I hope you guys give it a try and tell me what you think.

photo-2.png
photo-3.png

A couple of promo code:
T74AL6XHMXT3
4YNYAMHR6WF4
TJ3JTNFT4RXE
WALFL93NHLXA
JMAFEJ433WNE

I got the 2nd last one. Some lurker claimed the last one already.

Thanks!

Heel

Wow, this is great. The presentation is nice, and it's a really neat twist on the Tetris/Lumines block puzzle formula. It's familiar but inventive at the same time. I also like the pace of the game - no timer, but individual games are quick enough to finish in a couple minutes. It's free but I would have paid for this.

I'm really digging the different modes. Reflection and Survival are awesome once they're unlocked.

Really sad to see that this one slip below the radar. I think it's way more interesting than Dream of Pixels. Glad I saw it on a developers best of the year list!

SteveWD40

Nice OT.

It seems several "big" releases are floating around so I am hoping some drop this month, notably BG:EE and Frozen Synapse.

I am assuming Legend of Grimrock is vaporware at this point, Faster than Light as well perhaps :( (such a perfect tablet game).

Been hearing mixed things about some gold balance update for knights of pen paper.

I'll throw it in the OT if people here confirm its ok.

bonesquad

I'm really digging the different modes. Reflection and Survival are awesome once they're unlocked.

Really sad to see that this one slip below the radar. I think it's way more interesting than Dream of Pixels. Glad I saw it on a developers best of the year list!

Wow, Doptrix is quite cool. Being able to play at my own pace is something I can definitely appreciate. I think I still prefer Dream of Pixels, but that's more because I like its presentation and iPhone 5 resolution:) Between Doptrix, Dream of Pixels, and Matchblocks I have all the falling block puzzles I need for awhile.

What are good match-3 puzzle games like Bejeweled?

If you're still looking for suggestions, PikPok's Monster Flip is good. I also really like Radballs. If you want something slightly different, the match-3 in a tower games like Shibuya and Monsters Ate My Condo are good too.

Unlike endless/auto runners, there is reason to play more than one match-3:)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

A couple of promo code:
T74AL6XHMXT3
4YNYAMHR6WF4
TJ3JTNFT4RXE
WALFL93NHLXA
JMAFEJ433WNE

I redeemed the 3rd code. Surprised it was still up after over 60 minutes. Thanks!

A couple of promo code:
T74AL6XHMXT3
4YNYAMHR6WF4
TJ3JTNFT4RXE
WALFL93NHLXA
JMAFEJ433WNE

Thanks, claimed T74AL6XHMXT3

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the new iPod touch. It's fast, light, and has a great screen. Makes my old 4th gen iPod touch's screen look like absolute shit

Owzers

Rayman is on sale for a buck. Played about a dozen level. Great casual game and it looks lovely on the iPad.

Picked that up earlier when i found out about the sale. Out of the games i got i've only played Battleland HD, kinda mixed on it so far.

bought on sales or free or other:

Castle Master
GOF 2
Infinity Blade 2 - 2.99 or so sale two weeks ago
Lost Winds 2 - free app of the week awhile ago
Mr. Ninja
Scribblenauts Remix
Simpsons Tapped Out
Real Racing 2
Groove Zero
Rayman Run

and this crazy game called Cursive Writing, i'm going to beat the A level!

WoolyNinja

Has anybody found a game similar to the old arcade game Rampart? Loved that game and feel like it would translate well on iOS.

Pachimari

Am I the only one who can't get Lost Winds 2 to work on a iPad Mini, even after rebooting? I get to the start screen where it asks me to "tap to start" but nothing happens. =/

Zeth

My gnome-level was reset across my 3 devices in Punch Quest :( They're on a roll with progress-wiping saves lately.

Am I the only one who can't get Lost Winds 2 to work on a iPad Mini, even after rebooting? I get to the start screen where it asks me to "tap to start" but nothing happens. =/

I played it fine, haven't heard that.

dock

What are good match-3 puzzle games like Bejeweled?
Zoo Keeper DX is an excellent bejewelled variant with delightful graphics, and you can match mid-drop for combos. The tokoton mode is really interesting for strategy too.

GeekyDad

Wow knights of pen and paper is fantastic.

Got a question tho... How do you unlock the blacksmith?

It seems he's only available in certain areas of the map. So, it's not really a matter of unlocking him, as much as unlocking and traveling to specific areas.

mujun

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the new iPod touch. It's fast, light, and has a great screen. Makes my old 4th gen iPod touch's screen look like absolute shit

Me too. It's awesome. I'm also getting almost a week's worth of use out of a charge (a fair bit of gaming and lot of music).

Forkball

King of Dragon's Pass is definitely worth picking up. It is a very unusual game, part choose your own adventure, part sim management, part "what the hell am I doing?" but all fun. Honestly I don't know if you can beat the game, or even how, or what I should be doing, or why my crops went good/bad nor which god I need to pray too... but it's still a lot of fun. It's still extremely unique despite it being quite old, I hope this style of game makes a comeback some how.

GeekyDad

Anyone know if there's a way to see what the bonus objectives are for each chapter in Walking Dead: Assault?

Zeth

Why the fuck did I wait so long to play Rayman? It's a revelation for touch screen platformers IMO. Just finished my first Livid Dead level and I'm totally blown away. I hope they do more with this. The level design combined with the simple mechanics make for one of the best platformers on iOS, not just among auto-runners. Wow.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Why the fuck did I wait so long to play Rayman? It's a revelation for touch screen platformers IMO. Just finished my first Livid Dead level and I'm totally blown away. I hope they do more with this. The level design combined with the simple mechanics make for one of the best platformers on iOS, not just among auto-runners. Wow.

The game is quite excellent. Definitely worth it for $0.99, easily

plc268

Yea, I completely agree. I really dislike most auto-runners, because they become more of a high score racing game, and when these games eventually get their leaderboards hacked, then it's just not fun.

I like that rayman separates into levels and give you set objectives in each. Given the limitations of touch screen control, they did a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom