• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us (HBO) Season 2 first official images

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Happy Gilmore Golf GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lets hope Neil stays away from this and focuses on their next game instead. His episode was the best directed episode of the season but id rather he use his talents on a video game.

She looks way too young for teenage ellie. I know the actress is older but they had completely changed her character model from the first game for a reason. She looks like a child still.

Should've recast her for sure. Ellie is a killing machine in the second game and her massacres of the Wolfs are going to look extremely stupid. But maybe they will remove most of the action scenes like they did in the first season.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Lets hope Neil stays away from this and focuses on their next game instead. His episode was the best directed episode of the season but id rather he use his talents on a video game.

She looks way too young for teenage ellie. I know the actress is older but they had completely changed her character model from the first game for a reason. She looks like a child still.

Should've recast her for sure. Ellie is a killing machine in the second game and her massacres of the Wolfs are going to look extremely stupid. But maybe they will remove most of the action scenes like they did in the first season.
Sometimes it feels like Neil is trolling fans of the game(s?) on purpose. You can't tell me he wasn't able to cast Kaitlyn as Ellie for season 1, but suddenly she's available to play Abby in season 2.

Strategize

Sometimes it feels like Neil is trolling fans of the game(s?) on purpose. You can't tell me he wasn't able to cast Kaitlyn as Ellie for season 1, but suddenly she's available to play Abby in season 2.
Because she was considered too old to play Part 1 Ellie.

tommib

She looks too young and angelic to play Ellie from that photo. Ellie from Part II is beyond scarred and broken. She’s a wreck on a bloodlust revenge trip. This is going to look so stupid.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Because she was considered too old to play Part 1 Ellie.
Well they've managed to age actors playing Joel or Tess for the purpose of the tv series, deaging Ellie could also work. Kaitlyn is still young, she'd be around 25 when filming season 1.

Plus now they have a different problem - Bella looks way too young and innocent to play Part 2 Ellie. Having Kaitlyn slighly deaged for S1 and her normal age for S2 would provide better results imo.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yeah, Bella Ramsey does not look in any way older than she does in the first season, which is a little off putting. One of the key points in TLOU2 is the amount of time that has passed, and how much more hardened Ellie has become by the time of the golf game. I liked Ramsey as Ellie in season one, but not sure she's going to be convincing as murderous, revenge Ellie in this one.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
they are splitting the sequel into 2 seasons. This might not happen at all this season. Pedro is still going to headline at least one more season. Maybe the PGA tour happens in the beginning of the third season or the very last episode of this season.

casting has been bad since the beginning. I still dont buy pedro in the role even though he tried his best, and bella is woefully miscast. ron swanson looked like a parody character with that beard. Rose from Two and a Half Men, Both Sam and Henry, and even Marlene who is literally played by the same actor is miscast. That actress is not good enough for tv where artists can go in and fix her facial animations.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
they should've cast the actress who did the first episodes before being replaced for someone older in House of the Dragon. would've been meta... and better. she's a fan favorite and can actually act.

Last edited:

Strategize

Are people really expecting Ellie to kill 500 people in the show or something? lol
they are splitting the sequel into 2 seasons. This might not happen at all this season. Pedro is still going to headline at least one more season. Maybe the PGA tour happens in the beginning of the third season or the very last episode of this season.
It's EP1 mate, they already built the whole exact winter lodge set and shot the scene weeks ago.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Actually they have probably filmed that scene already. They filmed in this location earlier this year:

Last edited:

DanielG165

It’s only one image of Ellie so far, but we do know that 19 year olds can still have baby faces, right? Plus, the actress herself is 20 years old, so there didn’t need to be another actress to replace her for the sake of “aging” up Ellie in the show. Ramsey was fantastic in the first season; I’m sure she’ll be great here too, alongside Pascal.

Last edited:

They are not going to have her in constant gun fights like the game. She only needs to kill like 2 people to properly tell the story. Both of them are other woman, one of them being pregnant. She's going to be more MacGyver than John Wick

They decided to go the Halo way and not follow the games storyline sorry folks no golf scene 😜

It's impossible to follow the game storyline with the actresses chosen for their respective roles. Besides, the game structure is very hard to replicate on TV show. I'm looking forward to a retelling of the story, with main events in an altered order.

Last edited:
I initially thought she should be recast in season 2, but it actually makes a lot more sense for the audience to keep her.

If you recast her in season 2, you lose both actors who made the show a success in season 1... that's a much more jarring decision than keeping her and rewriting the timeline.

She looks too young and angelic to play Ellie from that photo. Ellie from Part II is beyond scarred and broken. She’s a wreck on a bloodlust revenge trip. This is going to look so stupid.
I presume the events of TLOU2 that did that to her are not going to happen in Season 2.

If you recast her in season 2, you lose both actors who made the show a success in season 1... that's a much more jarring decision than keeping her and rewriting the timeline.
Season 2 meltdown will be huge

The rumor (based on recent interviews) is that this is being told in chronological order over two seasons. So we will either get the scene at the end of this season (after a season's worth of buildup for Abby) or in season 3.

Basically, they're potentially retelling the story in the order they should have told it in the first place, by giving the audience time to connect with Abby before certain reveals and events happen, like a good storyteller would do.

The rumor (based on recent interviews) is that this is being told in chronological order over two seasons. So we will either get the scene at the end of this season (after a season's worth of buildup for Abby) or in season 3.

Basically, they're potentially retelling the story in the order they should have told it in the first place, by giving the audience time to connect with Abby before certain reveals and events happen, like a good storyteller would do.
Pascal is the only one holding this show together.

Oh, so you probably think Pulp Fiction and Reindeer Games were bad movies....

Animated GIF

They have to remove most of the action. Naughty Dog games are heavy in ludonarrative dissonance.

Are people really expecting Ellie to kill 500 people in the show or something? lol

It's EP1 mate, they already built the whole exact winter lodge set and shot the scene weeks ago.
Source that golf happens in ep 1? I would say they are absolutely fucking insane to have this happen in episode 1.

Top Bottom