• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Haha I forgot I posted that love scene thing. Just laughed at all the reactions lol. Reading it in the proper voices sounds funnier then when I typed it haha.

But to get on topic,

A trilogy version for PS4/XB1 with all single player DLC and 1080p60 would be epic and much appreciated. I'm convinced it's being worked on and hoping it will be announced at E3 during EA's press conference.

I'm a writer at a big brazilian gaming website and according to reliable sources, the next Mass Effect game is called Origins and is the first part of a new trilogy. Also, it's NOT a prequel. If someone is interested in the full story (in portuguese), here it is

mrqs

I'm a writer at a big brazilian gaming website and according to reliable sources, the next Mass Effect game is called Origins and is the first part of a new trilogy. Also, it's NOT a prequel. If someone is interested in the full story (in portuguese), here it is

Mass Effect: ORIGINS and it's NOT a prequel? Holy damn now i'm hyped.

royox

Origins and it's not a precuel?? Leviathan army incoooooooming!!!!

In b4 Reapers were harvesting us to prevent organics reach a certain numbers so the anti-spir.....I mean, the real anti-organics come and destroy us all.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

If it's Origins it's changed from Contact.

wolfhowwl

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438722&page=3

I just had some good laughs going through this old thread about the creepy bioware forums.
It also still cracks me up that when Bioware finally revealed Tali's face it was some stock internet photo put through photoshop.

The Tali Sweat analysis was certainly one for the ages.

I wonder if the rumors of an additional treatise on Quarian urine were true...

I like the sound of Contact better than Origins (even if it's not a prequel). Working title maybe. Regardless, not sure how Origins makes sense for a non-prequel.

Guess we'll hear something Monday...

Maybe it will have actual "origins" like the first Dragon Age game.

Simzyy

UZKH7Ke.jpg

Hype rising

dr_rus

Would you guys be disappointed if it were the Xbox One exclusive game?
No. I just won't buy it. I'm finding it very hard to care about anything ME after ME3. But if ME4 will come to PC and get good reviews I will. If they'll push XBO on me for that - I won't. Easy.

Melchiah

No. I just won't buy it. I'm finding it very hard to care about anything ME after ME3. But if ME4 will come to PC and get good reviews I will. If they'll push XBO on me for that - I won't. Easy.

Same here. I won't be buying a system for one game/series, no matter how much I liked it. I'd just skip on the game, or wait for the timed exclusivity deal to end. I skipped REmake for exactly the same reason, eventhough I would have loved to play it.

Banned
I like the sound of Contact better than Origins (even if it's not a prequel). Working title maybe. Regardless, not sure how Origins makes sense for a non-prequel.

Guess we'll hear something Monday...
Investigating the origins of the enemy threat maybe?

I'm European Portuguese but I should be able to read the article.

SugarDave

I'm not going to let myself get too excited. I don't expect anything more than a short teaser similar to that of Battlefront 3 and Mirror's Edge 2 last year.

For now, I'm happy with just finding out the general direction they're taking the franchise in.

Authority

Banned
it kind of made everything ugly and orangey/red hued (going by the video).

I am testing it now. As a headsupwarning if you do want to try it, follow these steps;

Step1. Install the latest ME1 patch
Step2. Extra all files from the mod.
Step3. Run as administrator the installer.

Before you do anything check that you have the appropriate Direct installed for this game.

Andodalf

Banned
Alright, time for some hopes!

Can we finally have a working communicator this game? I mean geese, we lost our signal so many times in the trilogy!

Also, they better make a new trilogy. Knowing people made me 2 and 3 far better than they are in a vacuum.

How would a first contact war work me style? You would have no aliens on your ship!

Derp

The ME1 Citadel honestly blew me away. It was the most unexpected and amazing thing i'd ever seen from a space game. The amount of detail and effort put into that place alone is what made me fall in love with the game and in turn the series.

Please, Bioware. Give me a huge, immersive, lively, next-gen Citadel and i'll be happy. As well as other planets and their respective trade space stations (like Illium and Omega in ME2, etc... But bigger and more next-gen).

wolfhowwl

Banned
Is it known if Mac Walters has a role in developing the new game?

I have no interest in seeing anything Cerberus related ever again.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Is it known if Mac Walters has a role in developing the new game?

I have no interest in seeing anything Cerberus related ever again.

He is doing some writing on this game, but its not clear whether or not he's actually the lead writer. It doesnt seem like it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom