• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MEMZ virus was awesome.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Back in the mid 2010s if you watched a youtuber named danooct1, he would regularly feature user made malware on Windows. It isn't the usual corrupt your files, encrypt data and send money to this address, spread across network of pcs type of stuff, since this stuff was coded mostly for fun people would have a bit of fun with the payloads and make their viruses unique and interesting.

one example of these viruses was the MEMZ virus which gained a lot of popularity due to just how unique its payloads and execution was- in that it'd open up random internet explorer pages, invert the colors, create computer inception (its most iconic effect), and overall just cause sheer and utter chaos. It was glorious to behold and i even installed it on my old crappy laptop once i had enough of using it. The best part is that after everything if you turn off your PC it overwrites the bootloader and replaces it with fucking Nyan Cat. Your system was officially just a nyan cat machine. Y'all should try installing it on a virtual machine and playing around, it is great

p5mLc79.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom