• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE MUSIC DRAFT - DRAFTING THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
endtroducing.jpg

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Vox-Pop said:
I wanted to pick Discovery. :(

I knew it was going down this round and it is my all time favorite dance record so I had to grab it. There are still some first round picks that I am surprised not to see. I wonder if anyone else will pick them up.

Cyan

Banned
NameGenerated said:
I already know I probably won't pass the first round. Most people are picking shit that "everyone likes".
Well... I can't say anything. I did just pick the most popular album of all time. :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
NameGenerated said:
I already know I probably won't pass the first round. Most people are picking shit that "everyone likes".
For the first few picks, I'm trying to get albums that I like and are also well-regarded. My last few will probably be stuff that no one else would pick.

AlternativeUlster

vatstep said:
For the first few picks, I'm trying to get albums that I like and are also well-regarded. My last few will probably be stuff that no one else would pick.

That is what I am pretty much doing too.

Kevtones

Talking Heads - Remain in Light

This was waaaaayyyy tough. I wanted Sgt. Pepper's and considered about four others including a Beatles record...

n0b

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

I can't believe somebody took Taking Tiger Mountain, I thought I was the only one that would have chosen that over other Brian Eno Albums.

AlternativeUlster

n0b said:
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

I can't believe somebody took Taking Tiger Mountain, I thought I was the only one that would have chosen that over other Brian Eno Albums.

Dude, that was going to be my choice too. I was hoping to get it in the 7th round though.

Karma Kramer said:
Oh you have no idea which one I'll pick though do you! DO YOU!!!!

If it wasn't an EP i'd pick HAB #1 simply cause Laughable Butane Bob is one of the single most important tracks of modern electronic music.

AlternativeUlster

I Push Fat Kids said:
We should make it quicker next time UA. Make it a one night affair or something, like a fantasy draft.

I can agree to this at some point. In the other thread I made, there didn't seem to be enough interest. Perhaps after the 10th round, we can extend it another 5 rounds of fast action. By that point, I can pick some of my favorite records that have a fine cult audience. That means almost 500 albums will be picked. I wonder if some people will feel spent by that point?

Kevtones

Karma Kramer said:
Fine... mutual agreement? lol

Cryptograms might be slipping into free agency anyway. It was my first Bradford-related choice but knowing their polarized GAF presence, it may not be a wise decision...

n0b

AlternativeUlster said:
I am talking about Brian Eno, not Miles Davis. My Jazz pick is still safe.
Yeah, I realized that. Even though I'm mad that I don't get to use it, I'm glad to see that chosen over Here Come the Warm Jets.

I Push Fat Kids said:
Cryptograms might be slipping into free agency anyway. It was my first Bradford-related choice but knowing their polarized GAF presence, it may not be a wise decision...

Yeah, probably not wise... but you never know. I know of a few picks that are probably going to get WTF's but I love em too much to not include

Kevtones

Karma Kramer said:
Yeah, probably not wise... but you never know. I know of a few picks that are probably going to get WTF's but I love em too much to not include

If Deerhoof's - Runner's Four doesn't make an appearance then consider it a lock for my tenth.

AlternativeUlster

n0b said:
Yeah, I realized that. Even though I'm mad that I don't get to use it, I'm glad to see that chosen over Here Come the Warm Jets.

For sure. I am not even going to bother getting Here Come the Warm Jets just because I don't want any band or artist's inferior album on my team even though it is still a great record.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
AlternativeUlster said:
Cool beans, just next time you pick stuff, make sure to write it out too just in case I can't tell what something is with the album art.
My bad. Bad habit from previous GAF music threads. :(

AlternativeUlster

Nihilism said:
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

And the draft's first Bob Dylan pick. I would think something would go down in the first but I guess not. There are still 2 huge first round picks that I am surprised no one has picked up yet. We will see as this thread progresses if they go down this round.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
BioHazard said:
I am going to study your last.fm to predict your next move. Muahahah!
I actually have my next 4 or 5 lined up. Gonna pick the most popular ones before some of the lesser knowns to make sure they don't get taken
by jerks like you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom