• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 just got Photomode update

Davide

EHEzrqL.jpg

BQSOL9o.jpg

bGK1IXl.jpg

skelekey

I know I may be tho only one who wants this, but I'm playing through the game in Black and White with a lot of film grain. I hate to say it but, 30 frames is too smooth. I will probably be the only one to ask for this, but I would like the option to lock the game at 24 frames.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I know I may be tho only one who wants this, but I'm playing through the game in Black and White with a lot of film grain. I hate to say it but, 30 frames is too smooth. I will probably be the only one to ask for this, but I would like the option to lock the game at 24 frames.

OMG those screens! This engine is at the top of the gaming visuals right now. First CG quality in-game visuals.

I hope RAD makes a sequel which is much more complete, with more gameplay elements minus the elements that gamers didn't like and also has MP or some co-op/horde mode, just like UC2 improved 100% over UC1. I hope they made enough money that Sony allows them to do a sequel.

This engine needs to live on. Bravo RAD!

Ricky_R

Dat detail

You know what, I'm going to fire it up and start doing some shots of my own right now. Borderlands can wait.

Hahah go for it. Not only did I spend a couple of hours with photomode already, but now I want to replay the game again with grain filter off. :)

DevilFox

Thanks. I'm playing the game start to finish again with more vibrant filters, and it's really stunning.

sJ8a1Hk.jpg

I love this one.
Looking at the details so closely makes me think that it would be cool if they designed specific decorations for each Knight, something that relates them to the original family of their name.

HTupolev

yeah i know how things works, i suppose that with real time lighting the problem would be solved from the start, right ?
???

Although much of TO1886's lighting is baked, the "changes" being made here are with real-time light sources. In a game with fully real-time lighting, they'd do the exact same thing; strategically place dynamic light sources in cutscenes to get optimal results. There's not a whole lot of difference.

Okay this is amazing. You can keep the settings while playing the game. So no more film grain. This is especially amazing because one Gaffer tried to convince everyone that RAD put these effects in the game because PS4 would be to weak to display a clean IQ. Well my friend, now you can do it without the needing of a PC version. ;)

Wouldn't post processing effects be harder on a games frame rate?

Weird

The game looks better without the film grain and other effects. I'm surprised actually since I expected it to look worse without the extra effects.

xk0sm0sx

I liked the shots with no film grain, much cleaner than those shown in the first page.
But it seems like every shot has a heavy depth of field to it, really annoying. Everything looks smoothed out.

Gono

Banned
Lycan battle at the warehouse.

Found some kind of bug, or something, wanted to take a screenshot while finishing a lycan (cutscene, can't move the camera around) and... turns out the lycan dissappears when you get into photomode, even with the "hide enemy" option off. :(

Anyways, here are the pics:

C9GeW44.jpg

vhqtVqg.jpg

l3QTM1W.jpg

3AOZ7G2.jpg

hesido

I've never seen a better DOF in realtime graphics before. What is this wizardry? There's literally 0 bleed on edges of focused parts onto the unfocused parts, be it foreground-middle-or background. I am assuing some clever math has to be done to avoid that bleeding if they are not doing several samples behind occluded parts. Is there a siggraph presentation for this?

God dayyum.

I think this game deserves a baseline score of 5-6 just for the realtime graphical achievements alone. It brings out the graphics whore in me.

This little feature makes me really happy I didn't trade the game in early. I thought about it but ultimately kept the game since I (perhaps irrationally) see it as somewhat of a milestone release despite the mixed reviews. It pushes IQ to levels on low-mid hardware that should make other devs feel a little like underachievers. I'm going to replay the entire game with some of the effects changed. As others have noted, it actually looks quite a bit better with some of the film overlay stuff turned off.

If new SP DLC is out if the question then at least give us horde mode STAT!

Edit: One other thing to add to the wish list: As astoundingly beautiful as the game is in action, it desperately needs the ability to skip cut-scenes (limit it so this feature only turns on after the game is completed if you must, but include it nonetheless).

i will try it. Amazing that you can play the game with certain settings from the photomode.

However, i do hope they will also include collectible indications at chapter select.
Like: you found 4 out of 5 collectibles in this chapter.

And.. some horde mode where we can use all the amazing weapons would also be nice.

barit

Yep it's great. I'm currently replaying it for the platinum trophy with film grain and vinteage off plus 50% chill filter so every scene has a blue touch. It looks amazing. Overall I find this game very entertaining. I always see the potential this game had and I wish RAD would have picked the best things from Uncharted, Gears of Wars and Resident Evil to make this game. For example the great setpieces from Uncharted, the brutal gunplay from Gears and the puzzles and horror vibes fom Resident Evil (with less linear levels) and then this game would be the favorite darling of every gamer and critic. Lets hope they get a second chance with a sequel.

GavinUK86

oh my god the game is sooooo much better to play with the vignette and film grain at 0%. even knocking the exposure up a little bit really helped to illuminate some really dark areas. genius move to allow you to lock the settings to gameplay.

Top Bottom