• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 |OT| Gears of Yore

Hasney

Oh yeah, can you change difficulty during a playthrough? I wouldn't mind starting on hard, but knocking it down if the gameplay starts to drag but the story is good.

Cavalier

Banned
Yeah and my friend yesterday on hard with almost everything in 7 1/2 hours. Get better guys. He already traded it back again lol

I'm gonna guess that majority of the buyers will trade it in for something else once they're done with the game in 1-2 day(s) of playing.

bombshell

The picture in the op says it releases Feb 20, 2014 :3

98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

Jeez the titles not that bad but I do think it may be a bit pretentious and bring in some of the crazies. I'm "lycan your mustache" is a good one.

I do like yours though

I managed to pre-order this game for £38, and CeX will give me £35 cash for it once I'm finished.

This is why I still buy physical.

funkypie

Banned
I managed to pre-order this game for £38, and CeX will give me £35 cash for it once I'm finished.

I have no idea why people still cling to digital, just for this very reason. Pretty much a free game in this case. Where you order from, I'm tempted to do this.

Hasney

Ta!

Just remember that CEX change their prices on a Sunday, or at least did when I worked there. Don't know if it'll drop that first Sunday, but it's possible due to this which could flood them with copies:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/order-1886-ps4-game-very-under-30-with-groupon-voucher-below-2147175

Got mine for £28 delivered so hoping to smash it out and trade it in for credit at Game towards Bloodborne. Know a lot of people will be using this for a quick play and profit.
I have no idea why people still cling to digital, just for this very reason. Pretty much a free game in this case. Where you order from, I'm tempted to do this.

If it's a new release I think I'll spend several hours in that I want, I get digital... I just make sure to buy on the US store instead of the UK bullshit pricing.

Frillen

Reviewers are coming with pretty much exactly the same complaints that I did. And I was called a troller, a hater etc. etc. A lesson to be learned GAF: Hate is not the same as legitimately concerns/criticism.

Kem0sabe

Reviewers are coming with pretty much exactly the same complaints that I did. And I was called a troller, a hater etc. etc. A lesson to be learned GAF: Hate is not the same as legitimately concerns.

It's GAF, the cycle always follows the same pattern, hype AAA games up to release, short period of enamored opinions regardless of reviews, then proceed to shit on it for years.

melkier33

anyone else preordered the US-version from the PSN-store and not being able to download any DLC (themes, weapon pack)?

I preordered the game from PSN only have the game download and the update file. Did you figure this out yet? Think im going to check my spam folder in the off chance they sent out a code but i doubt it.

Edit: Maybe the update fille is the bonus stuff? Reading a few things saying theres no day one patch. Then again i just glanced at it thinking it was a day one patch cuz thats almost a given these days.

Hubble

I don't think the 'Gears of Yore' is appropriate for the OT. A major component of Gears of War was its multiplayer that was hugely popular on Xbox Live. That's not a shot at The Order 1886, but just that the multiplayer of Gears of War was a major part of its identity and not just being a cover shooter.

Mitch

Banned
It's disappointing to say the least, but I still want to play the game as much as I did before reading the reviews. I'll stick around the OT to see everyone's impressions.

R_Deckard

Just to be clear. All games use cubemaps, ssr is just a helper reflection pass, AO capsules are only for characters.
Yes...I know, that is why I said Clever use as the scenes are set they work much better than SSR.

And the AO capsules are for characters as I also said, they reflect in loads of objects like bins, buckets, Door Knobs even multiple objects that can be shot moved and all reflect relative to the angle,distortion It works superbly and is a great piece of tech.

Top Bottom