• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

Rich!

More like £40, but I guess I could. I'm not that excited to play a handful of extra games on the TV, especially ones which clearly can't be played properly without touch, but having the EU version of Danganronpa working would be nice.

it's £30 in CEX, and I've just found four on gumtree for £25.

Elginer

anigif_enhanced-10527-1403744680-33.gif

Time to get a PS TV finally.

spons

Obligatory "what can this hack do":

This pack includes the following tricks :

-BASICS
- Reading
- Dump ux0
- Dump any file (blind)
- Dump cartridge
- Writing
- Write to ux0
- Write to any partition (except RO partitions, e.g: vs0)
- Delete
- Delete in ux0
- Delete in other partitions
-TRICKS
- All models
- Custom themes
- Full bubble customization (PSP/PSVita)
- Bubble spawning (Hidden apps)
- ePSP bubble creation (re-birth)
- Package installation
- Cartridge backup installation
- Free trophies
- PSTV
- Run unplayable games
- Registry edition
- Switch PSN account
- Make CMA backups for anyone (without linked PSN account)
- Fake region
- Semi-debug

That's all for now, some new tricks might come sooner or later, feel free to share your findings too !

Major_Tom and mr.gas

What a cool trick, but it will be useless in the long run, if Sony decides to patch it, you still wont be able to play any non compatible new PS1 purchases etc.

All we can hope for is that Sony forgets about the PS Tv, when was the last update?

I'm still trying to figure out this error that trying this gave me. Every single game PSTV compatible or not is giving me an c2-15413-4 error and won't load now. I've tried redownloading and trying again but nothing.

So woo, seems like my PSTV is basically a brick unless I can figure this out...

Rich!

What a cool trick, but it will be useless in the long run, if Sony decides to patch it, you still wont be able to play any non compatible new PS1 purchases etc.

that's wrong - of course you will. for a start, transfer via the content app or PS3. Also, you have the option of using your own PSP and PS1 rips via epsp -

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Neat, thanks TC

The fact that you can't just "opt out" of that stupid whitelist is so dumb

Dunkley

Cool, will try just to play Peace Walker Co-Op locally (Peace Walker doesn't work on North American Vita TVs for whatever reason even though you can download it)

a pstv is like, £20. just buy another one and keep it offline. boom.

press L3+R3 for the touch screen emulation function.
I can't see them anywhere much below 40. I'd jump on one for sub 30 right away with this glitch.

Edit haha people already dealt with the question.

Omikaru

Why can't you play metal gear properly?

Weapon and item selection is done with the touch screen. I suppose that could be accomplished with the DS4's touchpad fine enough. But there's some rear-touch controls too, and clicking in the analog sticks on the controller won't cut it. I guess MG1 and MG2 in MGS3 would play fine, though.

But the game was blocked on PSTV for a very good reason, and I can't see Konami patching in controller support, as nice as that'd be.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I don't mean to sound like I'm shit-posting because added functionality is good, but, that's it?

The list of "compatible" games is only a tiny subset of what the system can run. Sony required a whitelisting process that hardly any developers bothered with. Now that Sony has abandoned the system, future whitelisting of established titles becomes increasingly unlikely. Getting rid of that restriction is huge

Piracy is coming as part of this.

As are trophy hacks.

shit, that means that Sony will block it... I wish this was only to unblock games.

Who the fuck cares about trophies that much that they need freaking hacks for them? and this is from someone that has like 15 Platinum trophies.

And the last thing the Vita needs is piracy.

HUELEN10

Due to handheld games being perfect on a handheld screen with no cutoff, does pstv offer ANY sort of overscan compensation feature?

This is a dealbreaker if it doesn't, but an instabuy if it does.

Shahed

I bought a Vita TV primarily for Ys knowing it worked in Japan. I was shocked to find it didn't work here in the UK so promptly returned it. I've since finished Ys and Tales of Hearts so no oonger have any interest in a Playstation TV. Gravity Rush with a controller sounds nice, but I'll juwt get the PS4 version instead.

Sony really screwed it up. They should have just let you open anything and just warn you it wasn't an approved title.

Hoe about Sony making this official? Jesus how stupid can Sony be?

By this point Piracy would help the Vita more then it would hurt. Because then more people would at least buy the Vita/PSTV.

Rich!

Due to handheld games being perfect on a handheld screen with no cutoff, does pstv offer ANY sort of overscan compensation feature?

This is a dealbreaker if it doesn't, but an instabuy if it does.

Yes. It's the very first thing in the initial setup.

emb

Through the magic of homebrew.
Aw, I was hoping it was at least a system update or something.

Really is the way it should have been from the start. Restrictions on what is supported should have simply been a warning message about how not all inputs will be available.

(at least, as far as I know. I'm not privy to the technical details, of course, and speak with no authority.)

stryke

Hoe about Sony making this official? Jesus how stupid can Sony be?

By this point Piracy would help the Vita more then it would hurt. Because then more people would at least buy the Vita/PSTV.

Did you forget how selling consoles works? Money is made on the software, and very little on hardware (or even worse considering that write down a months back).

Top Bottom