• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sony Layoffs: NeoGAF Insider Explains What Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you expect from Dualshockers? I don't buy it either way as mort has always seemed to be more on the Playstation side than anything, it reads like damage control.

i don't think mort has ever lied/been wrong when it comes to leaks or insider info..

not to mention all the stuff he's saying sounds believable

rrc1594

I'm really looking for to Sony's E3 now, because MS their Fall lineup is looking like QB,SO,HA2 and 1 game we don't know about. Sony for most part all we know is The Order I doubt UC4 comes out this year, so many surprises I see in the future.

bebop242

Not surprising after financial misfires like Starhawk, Twisted Metal, MAG, and a few others. Still stinks its happening now in the beginning of a console generation, instead of the end of the last one. Still wished they spared the WipeOut guys. A WipeOut game on the PS4 would be huge right now.

$100M? no wonder, what a loss

i'd have a lot of faith too in the director of GoW3...too bad it didn't work out.

Not surprising after financial misfires like Starhawk, Twisted Metal, MAG, and a few others. Still stinks its happening now in the beginning of a console generation, instead of the end of the last one. Still wished they spared the WipeOut guys. A WipeOut game on the PS4 would be huge right now.

but people love sony for taking chances on those games, as well as others.

Holy balls 100 million down the drain, all that time and money and the game couldn't come together?

what the hell happened?

It wasn't 100 million. He said he heard an estimate of 75-90 million and he rounded it up. Apparently 75 is close enough. It could have been 20 million for all we know.

Hexa

Uh, didn't Mort posted all of this on a gaf post? Yes, yes he did.

This is shoddy work by dualshockers. Did they even contact Pete Dodd for a quote despite him being on twitter, and have access to him?

Mort, etc. put news out there. Dualshockers is a part of games journalism so they report it so people that haven't seen it in other places such as GAF know about it, and they are citing their sources of information. I see no issue here.

KissVibes

Banned
You can't tell me Sony isn't supporting their developers.

100 million before the trimming. Come on.... That's insane. That could of payed for Titanfall.

Yeah, it sure sounds like they don't support their developers properly. They allegedly let them blow around 100 million and restart three times! Support also includes structure and Sony obviously didn't provide it adequately, according to this story.

Same situation with #DriveClub and The Last Guardian too, it seems.

What difference does it make to us? Quite a bit. Dualshockers ain't shit. Nobodies even heard of that site. Why not just make a thread about mortimer's post? Why the runaround? Unless you're trying to say you didn't even scan the article you linked to find the highlighted blue LINK to the post.

Nah, I think people have heard of dualshockers. They're pretty successful even if it's a shit site.

Mort, etc. put news out there. Dualshockers is a part of games journalism so they report it so people that haven't seen it in other places such as GAF know about it, and they are citing their sources of information. I see no issue here.

They didn't even try to verify the story. They ran a bunch of forum postings as news. Not much journalism involved.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dualshockers gotta eat, I think its just kinda frustrating to see this thread and then come in and have it be a link to a GAF post.

But I see the title was just changed so whatever.

daman824

I really think saying that one person created the uncharted universe is a major exxageration.
Well she did most of the writin for the three games did she not? Sounds like he was pretty upset with where they wanted to take the story she had been writing since the beginning and left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom