• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 will likely have the best graphics yet (New Screenshots)

Here ya go.

Nope, still seeing a boob or two. We should really get a AO rating on this game ASAP.

Jsheldon

One of my Only concerns the "fat" Geralt appearance in the last pic, since he's appeared slimmer in recent vids and even the rest of the batch of shots just released. Weird :/

Renekton

Compared to Dragon Age, The Witcher universe is more down to earth. The charm is in the villages, the swamp huts and the wilderness, less so on majestic temples and palaces.
IMHO anyways, W2 was more vibrant, majestic and less brown than DA2/DA:O.

Suddenly when both developers got better tech, they swapped directions.

Lautaro

I'm also underwhelmed. I look forward to the game but these screenshots are nowhere near the level of the older material (that I assume it was simply fake/setup/non realtime or something).

Will look incredible if you have a $500+ GPU inside a $900+ PC certainly.

Won't look close to that on consoles. Otherwise a $400 console will be showcasing The Order next month, which looks phenomenal compared to anything out there.

Sure let's compare an Open World game to a corridor shooter that looks to have as much depth as a glorified tech demo.

Faustek

Witcher games have a lot of sex in them. So what, whats the problem?

Because sex is something shameful that no one should enjoy other than in a dark dank basement hiding from the light of day.
Oh and apparently being a prostitute is also bad, so is shaking it, flaunting it, showing sex appeal and what not but worst of all is enjoying these debaucheries.

Man I like being one of the worst. Brb, going to touch myself as I watch old pictures of myself from a time when I was ripped and my pecks had yet to degenerate to a pair of shaggy man boobs.

POPEGTR

Neo Member
Thank you for pics OP. Its not final build hair tech isnt turned on.

Looks like Gryphs are going to be pain in the a**

Sakura

Looks fine, but I dunno, not exactly impressive or anything. I was expecting it to look a bit better based on the older stuff they showed. Oh well. Hopefully it looks better than Inquisition at least on PS4.

They are medieval whores...

So, I don't feel strongly either way about this, but come on people. Yeah, they're medieval prostitutes. They're also in hot pants. Now, I'm no historical scholar, but I don't think that's period accurate, so let's not pretend this is all just for the sake of realism.

Naminator

Banned
Glad to see developers have learned from the recent exposure about poor female representation in their games, this looks very tasteful.

I knew that screenshot would catch one.

Dude honestly just vote with your wallet, show these devs that this will not be tolerated, and that you and others who think like you will not support such FILTH!

Once the devs see all the millions and millions of dollars that they are missing out on due to your protest, they will surely change their mind real quick.

-Deimos

So, I don't feel strongly either way about this, but come on people. Yeah, they're medieval prostitutes. They're also in hot pants. Now, I'm no historical scholar, but I don't think that's period accurate, so let's not pretend this is all just for the sake of realism.

The Witcher series take place in a fictional universe.

Virdix

So I have 12 gigs of RAM
a Nvidia 660ti
Intel i7-2600k @ 3.4ghz 3.7ghz
What do you guys think I should prioritize upgrading for the Witcher 3?

Aikidoka

A dark fantasy setting shouldn't serve as an excuse for lazy writing.

The Witcher 2 did have a few problems with its representation of female characters and prostitutes. For example, if you save an elf chick from flotsam, she offers to have sex with Geralt as his just rewards. The burning brothel was a pretty lazy way of setting up a moral dilemma.

And, more importantly in my mind, they took Triss, who was depicted as quite capable and powerful, and relegated her to a powerless girl in need of saving. This is something I hope they don't do again with Triss or Yennefer.

Sex is not a bad thing - the scene with Geralt and Triss is fairly well done because it actually meant something.

Also, If the majority of "dark" games didn't use the same tricks, it wouldn't be a problem. But, it is getting really old and I would like games to be "mature" in more well thought out ways than "cleavage" and "killing prostitutes".

Sakura

???
I didn't realise the Witcher took place in our world.

So I have 12 gigs of RAM
a Nvidia 660ti
GPU...

Banned
Graphical increments aren't exciting at all, i'm playing Skyrim on 360 and this isn't getting me any more wet.

Dennis

Banned
To those saying this doesn't look that impressive, what better looking open-world are coming out first half 2015?

I agree, I'm slightly annoyed.

anyone think the PC version will still be able to create this image?

Not seeing the big difference, really. If you can go to that place, with the leaves blowing like that, the smoke coming out of that chimney, etc, then yes, you will be able to recreate that image. A picture would never impress you the same way a video or gif could, so it's a bit pointless to bring this gif up everytime we get a new screenshot, when really what makes this gif is the movement/atmosphere.

I don't think anyone is pretending this is about realism.

Its about prostitutes in a medieval type setting. As I said earlier there is a ton of sex in the Witcher series. Who cares if it has women showing skin. It has dudes doing it to.

There's nothing wrong with sex. Its healthy, and also entertaining.

Daverid

And, more importantly in my mind, they took Triss, who was depicted as quite capable and powerful, and relegated to a powerless girl in need of saving. This is something I hope they don't do again with Triss or Yennefer.

This is a joke right?

You didn't understand the circumstances of the game whatsoever. Context is everything and a trope isn't necessarily automatically a bad thing just because it is used, it depends on that context.

There's plenty of unnecessary skinship in the Witcher, Triss for instance does not show cleavage at all since she got a burn scar, which was completely removed in the game.

But whores really are the wrong avenue to complain about.

RedSwirl

Looks pretty similar to the earliest screenshots and the initial reveal trailer, minus the ridiculous. Unity (maxed out) might still look better when this finally comes out.

Jigolo

Yeah the game has had a pretty big downgrade. Still looks awesome though from the tiny glimpse we had in the YouTube video. I just need to see some 2077 since Witcher series is so uninteresting to me.

A dark fantasy setting shouldn't serve as an excuse for lazy writing.

The Witcher 2 did have a few problems with its representation of female characters and prostitutes. For example, if you save an elf chick from flotsam, she offers to have sex with Geralt as his just rewards. The burning brothel was a pretty lazy way of setting up a moral dilemma.

And, more importantly in my mind, they took Triss, who was depicted as quite capable and powerful, and relegated her to a powerless girl in need of saving. This is something I hope they don't do again with Triss or Yennefer.

Sex is not a bad thing - the scene with Geralt and Triss is fairly well done because it actually meant something.

Also, If the majority of "dark" games didn't use the same tricks, it wouldn't be a problem. But, it is getting really old and I would like games to be "mature" in more well thought out ways than "cleavage" and "killing prostitutes".
If you follow the elf girl who promises you sex for saving her, you'll get ambushed by Scoi'atel. Which proves the guards were right and the girl was not.

Sayers

I know, it's really out of place. They've otherwise done such a good job of rendering the griffons and mages of the Middle Ages.

iNvid02

I dunno man unity looked fucking ace at times. super excited for that new vid tomorrow though

So I have 12 gigs of RAM
a Nvidia 660ti

Double your ram everything else looks ok, should manage 240fps with 24gb ram no probs

Aikidoka

This is a joke right?

You didn't understand the circumstances of the game whatsoever. Context is everything and a trope isn't necessarily automatically a bad thing just because it is used, it depends on that context.

You can use that excuse for every single video game that uses the trope.

Helmholtz

Based on those screen shots, I feel like the game will look quite good, but it doesn't seem like that big of a jump from Witcher 2. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, it's been a while since I played that game.
I think the real impressive part, though, is that they managed this level of visuals for what's supposedly a massive open world game. Witcher 2 was quite linear overall
So I have 12 gigs of RAM
a Nvidia 660ti
Check the recommended specs, but it's pretty clearly your GPU. Your processor should be fine, and you have more than enough RAM.

jett

D-Member
These muthafuckas actually learned to ease up on their garbage sharpen filter.

I don't think it looks that great to be honest.

Top Bottom