• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thinking about losing my virginity. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man knows what a man wants don't worry about condoms with oral sex with other if you are so worried about getting something get on Prep or use condoms whatever you prefer I honestly can't handle condoms totally barebacker here but also take note people who are undetectable with HIV are safer than people who "got tested months ago" or " I don't know". Just play the way you want and have fun.

doby

Don't be so hung up about it. Virginity can be whatever you want it to be. Personally I see no difference between climaxing from a hand job/blowjob and sticking it in someone. They're all shared sexual experiences and are all equal in regards to entering the world of sex and exploring your sexuality.

If you're so hung up about STD's you probably shouldn't go the hook up route. What happened to actually getting to know someone and building trust?

The Lamp

A man knows what a man wants don't worry about condoms with oral sex with other if you are so worried about getting something get on Prep or use condoms whatever you prefer I honestly can't handle condoms totally barebacker here but also take note people who are undetectable with HIV are safer than people who "got tested months ago" or " I don't know". Just play the way you want and have fun.

I have practiced putting on and masturbating with condoms out of curiosity, and I honestly don't mind them one bit, they actually feel great and I'm very sensitive with them on, but I'm not circumcised.

I may just go the condom route. I wouldn't mind using them every time.

Don't be so hung up about it. Virginity can be whatever you want it to be. Personally I see no difference between climaxing from a hand job/blowjob and sticking it in someone. They're all shared sexual experiences and are all equal in regards to entering the world of sex and exploring your sexuality.

If you're so hung up about STD's you probably shouldn't go the hook up route. What happened to actually getting to know someone and building trust?

I get what you're saying, but also, relationships are way complicated to begin and maintain.

TaterTots

Banned

I wouldn't say that. If you're straight you have the risk of knocking up some lady. I think that is why sex has been distinguished from other things. "oh man....stuck it in her...she could of got pregnant, but I played it safe!" Procreation and whatnot.

I have practiced putting on and masturbating with condoms out of curiosity, and I honestly don't mind them one bit, they actually feel great and I'm very sensitive with them on, but I'm not circumcised.

I may just go the condom route. I wouldn't mind using them every time.

I get what you're saying, but also, relationships are way complicated to begin and maintain.

To add onto his comment, there is a middle ground between a relationship and hook ups. Maybe try to find a clean, consistent Fuckbuddy if you're worried about STIs but aren't interested in a relationship.

doby

I wouldn't say that. If you're straight you have the risk of knocking up some lady. I think that is why sex has been distinguished from other things. "oh man....stuck it in her...she could of got pregnant, but I played it safe!" Procreation and whatnot.

I was talking from a homosexual standpoint. Virginity has long been associated with heterosexual relationships, particularly the female and the loss of 'innocence' that comes with it.

Homosexual females for example don't consider themselves virgins for life just because they haven't had intercourse with a man.

Condoms for all kinds of sex if you're clubbing... People lie about absolutely EVERYTHING, especially if there's sex at the end. Is there really no one in your friends' circle who has a friend you don't know? It's so much cleaner to be with others who can be verified. You don't want to be pissing blood because some dipshit said "of course I'm clean!"

If not and it's left to randoms, go to a place you like full of people you dig and go a few times, ask around, make a good wager, and when the potential partner asks if you want to smoke a joint at their place you say YES.

Enjoy it because trust me, it's going to be freaking great! Sex is better than chocolate! It's the healthiest best feeling in the world.

Just go for it, thinking too much about it can actually kill the whole vibe. I try to ask my partner straight up if they have anything, before ever having sex. However since I'm a heterosexual male, I don't know how valid my advice would be. I don't have any evidence, but I've always been inclined to believe that men are more willing to lie about having a STD they know about in order to have sex than women. For the record, I've had unprotected sex with women from one night stands, casual hook ups, friends with benefits, dating, relationships, and the worse thing I've caught was Chlamydia and a yeast infection, and only one pregnancy scare.

yeah. Just be sensible and use a condom. If the condom breaks and you know the other person probably has hiv you can immediatly [start b] post exposure therapy and basically lower you risk to near zero[/b]
With my first reading of this I thought you were suggesting that his therapy be posting with a 'i think i have hiv should I go to the doctor' thread and that doing so would basically lower his risk to zero.

ctothej

But I really want to be safe. I don't want to risk STDs. I bought condoms in case of such an encounter. I'm male and there's a couple of guys and girls I personally know that I'm interested in pursuing to see what happens. But I also go out clubbing and drinking and I've always restrained myself but now because of curiosity I'm wondering if I would ever let something happen.

I want some advice. What's the best way to protect myself against STDs considering I'm 100% clean? Condoms obviously, but what about HPV or herpes or things that can be transferred by skin? Is it obvious when someone has a skin condition you don't want to mess with? How risky is it to kiss or do oral sex? Is it normal to use condoms for all oral sex? I'm considering getting the gardisil vaccine as it is my last year to do it before I turn 26.

As long as you're using condoms during penetrative sex, you should be fine. Most STIs are treatable. Also, I wouldn't worry about condoms during oral sex (honestly, no one does this). HIV is especially hard to transmit through blowjobs.

I wouldn't fret about Herpes. Tons of people have it, but most don't know because they never even get an outbreak. Obviously you should avoid sleeping with people with sores on their mouth, genitals, etc., but there's no full proof herpes prevention. If you do happen to get it, there's medication you can take to mitigate future outbreaks and make yourself less contagious.

This also may sound incredibly naive but bear with me. What does sexually advancing even look like...I don't know what it's like to progress from casual conversation to a sexual encounter. From a body language and conversational perspective, how do people end up hooking up?

I've been sexually active for over a decade and I still don't know how this works. It just kind of happens. Sit close to them, touch knees, put your arm on them, make jokes, laugh at theirs. After a while your animal instinct takes over and does all the work.

The Lamp

It happened! Wow!

I was on a work trip and randomly got messaged by a cute guy. I had no interest because I was tired and wanting to get ready for work but he tempted me to come hang out. We just chatted and went for a walk. We determined that we have a lot in common, so we went back to his place and made out while watching TV. Funny how it all happens. We just complimented each other's eyes and suddenly we just pounced each other.

The next day we hung out again. I had dinner with him and drinks and we went back to his place and the clothes came flying off. Had shower sex and bed sex and everything inbetween. We used condoms, except for oral and when we did handies. Wonder what the risks are there. Apparently I am quite talented at sex.

8/10. It was as good as I was hoping it would be, except for a few things. He was really, painfully tight so I couldn't feel anything that time, but he had a blast. Best orgasm he's had in years and I'm the best kisser he's had.

I don't feel like I regret it much because the risk is low and the curiosity isn't eating away at me anymore.

I am going back home since I was only here for a few days, but he's honestly boyfriend material, so we will see what happens.

Weird how things can change suddenly.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
It happened! Wow!

I was on a work trip and randomly got messaged by a cute guy. I had no interest because I was tired and wanting to get ready for work but he tempted me to come hang out. We just chatted and went for a walk. We determined that we have a lot in common, so we went back to his place and made out while watching TV. Funny how it all happens. We just complimented each other's eyes and suddenly we just pounced each other.

The next day we hung out again. I had dinner with him and drinks and we went back to his place and the clothes came flying off. Had shower sex and bed sex and everything inbetween. We used condoms, except for oral and when we did handies. Wonder what the risks are there. Apparently I am quite talented at sex.

8/10. It was as good as I was hoping it would be, except for a few things. He was really, painfully tight so I couldn't feel anything that time, but he had a blast. Best orgasm he's had in years and I'm the best kisser he's had.

I don't feel like I regret it much because the risk is low and the curiosity isn't eating away at me anymore.

I am going back home since I was only here for a few days, but he's honestly boyfriend material, so we will see what happens.

Weird how things can change suddenly.
Congrats!

MCN

Banned
P1QYppjh.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Congrats on the sex? Also, unless it's a cultural thing, I find the word "handies" to be a hilarious term for a handjob. You know what, why don't we all go out to night for a round of blowies. Who's with me?!

I dunno OP, 5 more years and you can become a wizard

ueyezPK.jpg

I didn't lose mine until my 30s and I never got wizard powers...I feel like I missed out.

darscot

I'm confused if this was man on man or if your a women? The whole waiting based on religion if you're into men and a man seemed unusual.

To make you feel better, losing your virginity at 25 when you're LGBT isn't uncommon. A lot of LGBT people lose their virginity later than straight counterparts because a lot of us have a lot to get through mentally prior to being ready to even losing it. For example, a lot of people deal with self hate and can't admit that they're gay or bi or even trans until mid age. Some already know, but it fucks them up and avoid sex altogether. Like, how do you deal with it? Imagine being gay in a small country town, you would probably think you're the only gay person in that entire town. How do you even go up to a random guy or girl and ask them out? There could be actual physical ramifications for doing so. There's so many issues pertaining to sex and being lgbt that it's not uncommon for people to lose their virginity in their late 20's. Society telling you that you're just not "normal" sexually/gender-wise is going to lead to a lot of sexual repression.

Don't worry about it, and I'm glad you got to experience it.

The Lamp

I'm confused if this was man on man or if your a women? The whole waiting based on religion if you're into men and a man seemed unusual.

I'm a bi man. I lost my virginity to a dude. He's actually a wonderful person so I couldn't be happier. I have this cheesy fluttering in my chest when I think about him now. But I don't know if it will work because we're on other sides of the country. But sweet memories were made!

The religion discussion is complicated. I don't believe the same things I used to. I arrived to my conclusions by talking to actual scholars plus my friends and family on my questions and I'm at peace with where I am today. As of right now I'm exploring what it means to love or have sex (safely).

Also my most surprising learning about all this is that there is actually such a thing as too tight of an orifice to the point of it being a bad thing lol.

Exokell

Banned
I don't get it. Are you gay? Bisexual? Youre religious but you had sex with a man? I'm confused, sorry.
Edit: already answered.

The Lamp

To make you feel better, losing your virginity at 25 when you're LGBT isn't uncommon. A lot of LGBT people lose their virginity later than straight counterparts because a lot of us have a lot to get through mentally prior to being ready to even losing it. For example, a lot of people deal with self hate and can't admit that they're gay or bi or even trans until mid age. Some already know, but it fucks them up and avoid sex altogether. Like, how do you deal with it? Imagine being gay in a small country town, you would probably think you're the only gay person in that entire town. How do you even go up to a random guy or girl and ask them out? There could be actual physical ramifications for doing so. There's so many issues pertaining to sex and being lgbt that it's not uncommon for people to lose their virginity in their late 20's. Society telling you that you're just not "normal" sexually/gender-wise is going to lead to a lot of sexual repression.

Don't worry about it, and I'm glad you got to experience it.

So true. If it weren't for gay clubs/bars or the Grindr app I don't see how young gay people would meet up. I definitely had limited options for meeting other LGBT until the past couple of years.

Congrats on the sex? Also, unless it's a cultural thing, I find the word "handies" to be a hilarious term for a handjob. You know what, why don't we all go out to night for a round of blowies. Who's with me?!

I didn't lose mine until my 30s and I never got wizard powers...I feel like I missed out.

Handies is great...handjibbers is next level

Shit, man. You decided you wanted to lose your virginity, and did it within a week? I've been trying to lose mine for like 15 years with no luck.

Maybe I should try being gay.

Heh, they seem to have a much easier time getting hook ups.

Men are mad horny.

womfalcs3

Banned
You went from abstaining for religious purposes to gay premarital sex in a week? That's a quick denunciation of your Christian faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom