• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time for some 2008 iSketch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster

Banned

Whats this?

Lobster wants to play iSketch?

I SURE DO!

Whos up for 15 rounds of awesome? Could you handle all the awesome?

COULD YOU?

For all new contestants, Join here! or click the above pic!

The room name will always be NeoGAF and the word list will be basic english.

HAVE FUN!

How to play
The game consists of 10 rounds where one person is given a word to draw, while the other players will try to guess it within an alloted time.

As the Guesser: Click on the "Game" window to make it yellow, meaning it's active. Type in your guesses in the text input box. Your guesses are visible to the other players except when you are close to, or have guessed the word. When you have guessed correctly, your name will turn red. The quicker you guess the word, the higher your score.

As the Artist:
You will have a specific amount of time to draw the word. You will be able to see the guesses and know how the players are doing. Clicking on the "Give HINT" button will reveal blanks corresponding to the puzzle. The second click will supply the first letter of the word. The third click will give out the second letter. Because hints will significantly increase your chances of getting the word guessed, your score will be reduced by 2 points per hint.

As soon as a player has guessed the word, the hint button will disappear. You have the option to conclude the game as soon as one player has guessed the word, by pressing the "DONE" button. If you wish to pass on the word, press the "SKIP" button.

The round will end when any of the following occurs:
Time runs out.
The artist decides to end the round. This is done by clicking SKIP or DONE.
The artist doesn't draw anything within the first 20 seconds.
After a set time (usually 30 seconds) following the first correct guess.
If 3 players press the "Warn Artist" button when the artist violates any drawing rule.
If any rule is violated and the artist is skipped over by an administrator.
Scoring
Artist:
The artist receives 10 points for the first correct guess.
One (1) point for each additional guess is awarded, up to a maximum of 5, and a total earning potential of 15 points per round.
Two (2) points is deducted for each hint used.

Guesser:
The first guesser is awarded 10 points.
The 2nd guesser is awarded 9 points, 3rd guesser gets 8 points and so on, with a minimum of 5 points.

The scoring system ensures a big payout for guessing quickly, drawing effectively and getting as many correct guessers as you can. While using the hint button helps with your drawing and therefore getting more players to guess your word, use only when absolutely necessary.

master15

I killed the game :(

Like someone said, too many of the pictures were spelt out and completely ruined the game.

I got Kimono twice in two days...just my luck haha.

Lobster

Banned
Powerslave said:
I'll play as long as the word list isn't something shitty like xxx or videogames. Basic English will do just fine.

Kk, will make room now.

Room is called NeoGAF once again.

master15

Had another fun time GAF. If someone has screen-capped the measurement drawing please post.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a drawn penis actually used correctly to guess a word. Good times :lol

Lobster

Banned
Its sharpener heh.

I'm off at 4.30AM..been fun guys..

Came 1st twice..second time wasn't really fair as it was me and Goldrusher only.

Lobster

Banned
Anyone up for some iSketch? I'm capped and its really the only thing thats fun on the internet while capped..

Jube3

That was a great couple of rounds, good drawings, no writing and minimal penis drawings :lol GG all

This is where i'm supposed to look isn't it?

87mn9mx.png

(And it's not just this time I can't find it. Everytime you bump this thread I check)

Vlad

master15 said:
Had another fun time GAF. If someone has screen-capped the measurement drawing please post.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a drawn penis actually used correctly to guess a word. Good times :lol

I've seen a few of those, myself. One was "breaststroke" (the artist divided that up, so everybody thought he was just being vulgar at first).

Can't remember any of the other ones offhand, although I had to resist going that route (on general principle) when I had to draw "woodpecker".

Lobster

Banned
Is there a room and im not seeing it?

Should I make the room?

edit:made the room. Now waiting.

Come on guys.

Give me a good game before I watch I am Legend tomorrow :D

tnw

Banned
we tried to play, but it was just greatness and me and he had to draw every time :(

I'll play again though!

Lobster

Banned
Thanks for joining guys!

heh, am owning this round :)

Some of the drawings are good, oil was very good. Fireman was hilarious!

edit:

The Greatness has gone :(

edit2:no hes back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom