• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden (Vita/PSP by Omega Force) site opens + screenshots!

crinale

ekES0ZS.jpg

ERtD5ls.jpg

vBZ48L4.jpg

ZguR8iX.jpg

ARFIP2Q.jpg

gxJ5ckK.jpg

qkvYaHM.jpg

b5HtJ29.jpg

NRsn3jc.jpg

TyXj0J5.jpg

A couple of native res shots (under development of course).

Omega Force? On Vita?

Count me in. Dynasty Warriors NEXT was a really enjoyable, solidly made game. Hopefully Tecmo Koei continue their streak of bringing Vita games to the west.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Indeed this does look like it could be "potentially" more interesting that Soul Sacrifice. Where personally the player characters look like shit.

They have neat looking monsters but thats about it.

crinale

According to Famitsu, just like Soul Sacrifice, Koei Tecmo has decided to do beta testing to Toukiden also. Date is not announced yet.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
This game is also for PSP? Or is that misinformation?

Edit: Seems to be on PSP as well, color me surprised. Will look forward to this, I'm quite fond of demons of this type of cultural lore.

mao2

The character designer for this game is Hidari (Atelier Ayesha's character designer) and the illustrations look really good.

Bullza2o

At first I thought it was Soul Sacrifice. Looks ok but hopefully Vita doesn't get saturated by these kinds of games too much.

Xiaoki

Characters and monsters looks INCREDIBLE.

But the stage looks very simplistic and bad. I guess they didnt feel like upgrading the PSP stages to Vita level along with the characters and monsters.

Oh well, will definitely look into if it ever comes state side.

Defuser

Samurai Monster Hunter Clone...I'm fucking down with that. Will play as a female if I can get armour like this:

original.jpg

TreIII

The character designer for this game is Hidari (Atelier Ayesha's character designer) and the illustrations look really good.

So, now it makes more sense why the characters don't look more akin to Musou designs!

Not that I mind, certainly, as these do indeed look quite good.

Mondriaan

The women characters definitely look great. MH's characters have always looked a little on the dumpy side, so it's usually been about dressing them up (as pirates).

RangerBAD

I honestly wanted to see a Zill'O sequel. I felt there was a lot they could do in a sequel. Honestly, I would have liked Toukiden on the PS3, but my Vita does need games. So I'm all in!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Love the character designs.

How likely is this to be localised.
Tecmo Koei have localized just about everything they've brought out for the Vita (with really short breaks between Japanese and NA releases: DOA5+ comes out 3 days after JP release, Σ2+ comes out a day before). I think it's definitely locked down for a world-wide release.

The only thing they haven't brought over are the Atelier games.

Ravage

I honestly wanted to see a Zill'O sequel. I felt there was a lot they could do in a sequel. Honestly, I would have liked Toukiden on the PS3, but my Vita does need games. So I'm all in!

Seems like there are quite a few fans of Trinity here, makes me pretty happy :)

Where were you guys during voting time??! :/

TreIII

Hearing that Kenichi Ogasawara is at the helm makes me happy. Friggin loved Multi-Raid/Strikeforce 2's battle system. Also good to hear that they won't be skimping on the single-player content!

TreIII

I suppose my only qualm is that we didn't see nearly enough! Or at least, certainly not enough to truly showcase what makes this game distinctive from its peers in the MonHun genre.

But I guess with that demo coming in April, we'll hopefully get that sooner rather than later.

Xander51

This looks pretty good. I love Omega Force games, so I'm in! Didn't even know this was coming till I saw this thread.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Demo is both a blessing and a curse. Like the Soul Sacrifice one, I'm guessing we won't get it at all, or it'll be incredibly late. I'm not always a patient person.

Top Bottom