• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "10 Cloverfield Lane" (aka Cloverfield 2) airs before 13 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he says "It's a lion"

This is the post of the thread and is very underappreciated. I recently rewatched the trailer and started cracking up thinking about this post. It'll probably be the only thing I think about when I watch this scene in the movie.

Toothless

Found this on Twitter:

yRunecd.png

Why hello there, Clover.

wildfire

Banned
The poster doesn't seem to suggest a monster movie, more like a thriller. But without large-scale monsters there's no reason to screen this on IMAX.

IMAX is really amazing for panoramic views. Expect LOTR style shots but with a lot more things going to create a suppressive scary mood.

Dominator

Wait? Is that her out of Scott Pilgrim and the bloke out of Roseanne who I was sure had died a few years back?!
Yes and yes.

I also don't see anything in that pic from the poster, I guess a face towards the top but nothing for the rest of it.

If this Soda Pop is legit ARG then the hype is real.

The thing is if the whole movie is set in the bunker then we really just saw the whole movie minus the twist/ending scene.

If everyone is just off and the test screenings weren't the complete film or just fabricated then no matter the quality this would be such an accomplishment this day and age.

Firebrand

When was this filmed? Last I saw Goodman last year he had lost a ton of weight.

Hope there's actually bad stuff going on outside and Goodman's character isn't just lying. An actual sequel to Cloverfield would be kind of boring too, though.

Spoilers for the 2012 draft of The Cellar which might (most likely) end up being the ending to 10 Cloverfield Lane...

At the end, the main character, Michelle, leaves the cellar and drives to Chicago. Once she gets there, she sees that it's been pretty much destroyed. This can easily be changed to New York City.

Mariolee

When was this filmed? Last I saw Goodman last year he had lost a ton of weight.

Hope there's actually bad stuff going on outside and Goodman's character isn't just lying. An actual sequel to Cloverfield would be kind of boring too, though.

Filming went on from Oct to Dec 2014, so it was before John Goodman's weight loss.

Capra

Spoilers for the 2012 draft of The Cellar which might (most likely) end up being the ending to 10 Cloverfield Lane...

At the end, the main character, Michelle, leaves the cellar and drives to Chicago. Once she gets there, she sees that it's been pretty much destroyed. This can easily be changed to New York City.

Man, how much of a troll would it be if the entire film took place in the bunker but at the very end, she ended up driving to New York and seeing Clover's decaying remains among the ruins or something.

Erv

Ok. What are the popular theories on what's happened since cloverfeild?

I needs to know!

I don't think there are many. Maybe that the bomb they dropped to kill the monster also destroyed the planet or a lot of it making it unsafe to go out there. I could have sworn JJ Abrams confirmed the monster was killed

Codiox

Oh God no, the camera work was fucking awful in the first one. I wanted my money back after I saw this movie. You couldn't see shit.

Sai-kun

Banned
Man, how much of a troll would it be if the entire film took place in the bunker but at the very end, she ended up driving to New York and seeing Clover's decaying remains among the ruins or something.

I am almost absolutely sure that this will be how it ends.

zeioIIDX

So I sped up the end of the trailer on YouTube to 2x speed...the part right after you hear "Something's coming." and you know what? At normal speed, that low, rumbling noise at the end sounded like wind or an atomic blast or even a train lumbering by overhead. But at 2x speed, it sounds to me like something swimming through water. I can even make out bubble noises. It's kinda like when you submerge yourself in a pool and you can hear all those bubbly/swishy noises. And we all know the monster from Cloverfield came from the sea. Easier to hear with headphones on. Also interesting that this sound is played right after "Something's coming." but I'm most likely grasping at straws here though, lol.

Dominator

Some of the theories are wild now lol

Super 8 monster is somehow related to the Cloverfield monster, John Goodman's character is this kid Super 8:

He is now older, obviously. Super 8 took place in 1979, the kid could have maybe been 12-13 a during the film, and he would now be almost 50. Goodman looks older than that because he is, but I wouldn't say this theory is impossible Cloverfield monster and Super 8 monster do have design similarities.

Something about Cloverfield gets people thinking some crazy shit haha

adj_noun

Something about Cloverfield gets people thinking some crazy shit haha

If Cloverfield has taught me anything, it's if you go into something looking for evidence of a sea monster mystery game, you're going to FIND evidence of a sea monster mystery game, even if one isn't actually there.

Salsa

I really think there won't be a monster and this is just now the title for weird Bad Robot secret things

which if true, makes them really stupid cause everyone is gonna be super disappointed and they really got wrong what people want out of this

I'm thinking that "Cloverfield" is a title Bad Robot is giving movies that have a mysterious negative occurrence. Nothing that happened in the first movie, I feel, is even going to be in the universe that this new film takes place in. I hope I'm wrong, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom