• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers Devastation (Platinum Games) boss videos on Facebook

Great list. I'd probably only add Dinobot Island & Grimlock's new brain. The Rebirth had some good elements but suffered from being cut down to three eps.

Yeah the Rebirth had some good scenes but it was way over crowded with target masters, headmasters. The cartoon was always an ad for the toys but with those three episodes it got a bit ridiculous imo

LordRaiden

Neo Member
Nah, it was a black box with silver print on it.
Imported it from the UK in 2002 or something.
Ah the direct tv rip box one..

I have these:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000063K17/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You might want to check out Madman, I have the G1 movie and they also did G1 dvd box sets. A bit expensive, but pure quality.

They even have a complete G1 box set which looks like the 80's toy boxes, it's fucking awesome!

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Madman_Entertainment

outsidah

Does anyone know if Best Buy is getting the pre-order bonus items (Nemesis Prime Skin & Dark Star Saber Weapon, Red Alert Skin & Photon Disruptor Weapon, and Goldfire Skin & Gold Hunter Weapon)?

Amazon and Gamestop both mention but nothing on BB.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if Best Buy is getting the pre-order bonus items (Nemesis Prime Skin & Dark Star Saber Weapon, Red Alert Skin & Photon Disruptor Weapon, and Goldfire Skin & Gold Hunter Weapon)?

Amazon and Gamestop both mention but nothing on BB.

I asked a bit earlier in the thread and got no response. Anyone? I really hope so. Also, do we know if the code will be in the case itself?

outsidah

I asked a bit earlier in the thread and got no response. Anyone? I really hope so. Also, do we know if the code will be in the case itself?

I believe the code is sent to you according to both Gamestop and Amazon, so I don't think it's in the box.

duckroll

Lots of HD gameplay videos showing up on Youtube now. Full playthroughs of chapter 1 too. The game looks really solid. Definitely not a Korra. Chapter 1 itself is over an hour long. There's a mix of brawling, shooting, platforming, racing, etc. Obviously the brawling aspect is the best, but the platforming doesn't look super annoying at least, lol. There are also audio logs, collectible artwork, etc all over the stage.

Commentary videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZy5D14lvsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVppEEuEWf0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU33nQ6c4qQ

No commentary videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxyI0JsR24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSteWAkaUSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_z2-QjH54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mICOWZkcS40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAte1esgjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqZCRdoXx1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJOJRq0o6pc

Gambit

This is actually the game that is getting me to buy a PS4 in October.
I almost feel guilty because it's an Activision game.

But then I think about Platinum. They've got the touch.

Peff

Hm, it definitely looks like the lack of special boss QTE events is how they able to cut some corners. I guess the animation workload for four different body types may have been too much.Still, not a bad price to pay for the rest of the game, and the final boss will almost certainly have them.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Definitely seems more like Rising over Korra, a properly structured complete game. Noticed there are "side missions", I assume like Platinum's other main games, optionally found in the levels. Glad to see enemies taking vehicle form too.

Combat seems slower than Rising/Bayo, but I'm sure it feels fine.

Jashobeam

I Watched a bit of the chapter 1 playthru and it's just as I expected from Platinum, A fun character action game with solid gameplay. I'm digging all the cutscenes and interactions between the autobots, its like you're playing an episode of G1.

So i think ill post info on all that ive come across so far.

- basic combat is classic platinum. dodge/parry(mgr like)/aerial combo's etc. pretty challenging on the second difficulty level, that i played on.
-shooting isnt half assed , its fun and resposive
- lots of fast car platforming, not the least bit annoying
- story is well, .......pretty cartoony.
- you can switch characters at any time through ark portals
- each character has a set type of weapons they can equip, eg optimus can use axes and hammers while bumblebee cannot. but they both can use regular swords or dual wield swords.guns have no such limitations
- speaking of weapons. the game has an rpg like loot/drop system. weapons vary in rarity and effects.you collect plans and theyre developed once you get to the ark for free.you can level them up by sacrificing weaker weapons, add skills through synthesis. a lot of them come with skill boosts like elemental damage(visible), powerups, speed boosts health boosts etc . you get my point.
- there are rare unique weapons. ive found two so far. one was a sword that looks like from the transformers movie, but its always on fire and has a high burn chance.another one was melee gloves but with devastators drills. charge attacks launch those drills and are super useful for breaker shields.
- each weapon has their own combo set
- new moves can be unlocked
- theres a rush mechanic that makes use of the transforming. basically high energy shields that enemies may have can only be broken by transforming and charging towards them mid fight and using a special attack(not as tedious as it sounds)
- there are racing segments embedded naturally
- theyve nailed the artstyle and visuals. the game is gorgeous
- music is very mgr but without vocals
- many types of melee weapons and guns, including snipers , missile launchers etc.
- each tf unit has special traits and different stats that can be levelled up by playing normally. eg: l1 move for optimus is a drift attack where he attaches the back end of his truck and hits a huge aor. but l1 for sideswipe is a quick teleport to the closest enemy in range or a blink dodge . both consume different amounts of the special meter.
- each has a unique ultimate attack
- lots of classic enemy variety. ive seen 10 or more types already i think. and theyve got different movesets and functions. jets may fly and snipe you, some will bombard you, constructicon may throw you with its lift, or dig a hole and attack you from below
- lots of hidden chests and collectible, also theres a shop so im guessing therell be broken post game unlockables like all platinum titles
- there a challenge area with 50+ missions and different euipment rewards(several for each mission) for all difficulty levels
- there a skill system, each tf has a different number of slots(can possibly be levelled up to add more?).skills are unlocked by paying credits in the ark, the more you pay the better the skill/skills(its random)
-you get 4 equip slots. you can switch weapons real time mid combos(can only have a max of 3 melee or 3 ranged at a time)
- ch1 is indeed longer than an hour

ill post when i see/remember more

verdict so far- NOT KORRA

Jashobeam

So i think ill post info on that ive come across so far.

- basic combat is classic platinum. dodge/parry(mgr like)/aerial combo's etc. pretty challenging on the second difficulty level, that i played on.
- each character has a set type of weapons they can equip, eg optimus can use axes and hammers while bumblebee cannot. but they both can use regular swords or dual wield swords.guns have no such limitations
- speaking of weapons. the game has an rpg like loot/drop system. weapons vary in rarity and effects.you collect plans and theyre developed once you get to the ark for free.you can level them up by sacrificing weaker weapons, add skills through synthesis. a lot of them come with skill boosts like elemental damage(visible), powerups, speed boosts health boosts etc . you get my point.
- there are rare unique weapons. ive found two so far. one was a sword that looks like from the transformers movie, but its always on fire and has a high burn chance.another one was melee gloves but with devastators drills. charge attacks launch those drills and are super useful for breaker shields.
- theres a rush mechanic that makes use of the transforming. basically high energy shields that enemies may have can only be broken by transforming and charging towards them mid fight and using a special attack(not as tedious as it sounds)
- many types of melee weapons and guns, including snipers , missile launchers etc.
- each tf unit has special traits and different stats that can be levelled up by playing normally. eg: l1 move for optimus is a drift attack where he attaches the back end of his truck and hits a huge aor. but l1 for sideswipe is a quick teleport to the closest enemy in range or a blink dodge . both consume different amounts of the special meter.
- lots of classic enemy variety. ive seen 10 or more types already i think. and theyve got different movesets and functions. jets may fly and snipe you, some will bombard you, constructicon may throw you with its lift, or dig a hole and attack you from below
- lots of hidden chests and collectible, also theres a shop so im guessing therell be broken post game unlockables like all platinum titles
- there a challenge area with 50+ missions and different euipment rewards(several for each mission) for all difficulty levels
- there a skill system, each tf has a different number of slots(can possibly be levelled up to add more?).skills are unlocked by paying credits in the ark, the more you pay the better the skill/skills(its random)
-you get 4 equip slots. you can switch weapons real time mid combos(can only have a max of 3 melee or 3 ranged at a time)

HYPE!

So i think ill post info on all that ive come across so far.

HOOOLLLYYY SHIT. I just read this aloud and my wife said "you should see your face right now."

What are the challenges like? Any boss refights in there?

Killer impressions, thanks. I think this game is turning out about a thousand times better than any one expected.

duckroll

I've noticed that most of the videos so far have pretty bad players. This isn't really unusual as far as game streaming goes though. It would be nice to see players actually take advantage of gameplay gimmicks which are so obviously being telegraphed. When Devastator is knocked down, I hardly see anyone take the time to jump up and combo his head for example, or when he's walking around, you can use your range weapons to hit his head to stun him for a moment too. The Megatron fight in the energy ring also seems to have a mechanic where you can hit Megatron onto the energy barrier to stun him while you unload range attacks on him, since it's designed like a wrestling ring. When the Devastator stage boss gets into drill mode, I've seen a trailer show that you can parry the drill projectile to grab it and throw it back too. Wish we could see more of that sort of gameplay from youtubers.

What are the challenges like? Any boss refights in there?

Killer impressions, thanks. I think this game is turning out about a thousand times better than any one expected.

i would hope so, i only attempted the first which was a basic brawl of 4 waves that got successively harder with snipers appearing on buildings and everyone getting shields

Lots of HD gameplay videos showing up on Youtube now. Full playthroughs of chapter 1 too. The game looks really solid. Definitely not a Korra. Chapter 1 itself is over an hour long. There's a mix of brawling, shooting, platforming, racing, etc. Obviously the brawling aspect is the best, but the platforming doesn't look super annoying at least, lol. There are also audio logs, collectible artwork, etc all over the stage.

tumblr_inline_n7e0gkiEQQ1s6higt.gif

Day one, day fucking one.

duckroll

i would hope so, i only attempted the first which was a basic brawl of 4 waves that got successively harder with snipers appearing on buildings and everyone getting shields

If I'm not mistaken, I saw a video a couple of days ago showing Challenge missions in the menu and the second one is a fight with all 6 Constructicons at once. So it sounds pretty sweet. How many have you unlocked so far? It sounds pretty similar to Rising's VR Missions unlock scheme.

Even that sounds pretty interesting compared to standard character action fare - the shooting mechanics really look to mix things up in a positive way. But yeah, an easy boss rematch option was the number one thing I wanted from Rising, and it was added into the eventual PC port. With 50 challenges, I'm hoping most or all the boss fights are represented.

Think I'm going to avoid videos at this point. My hype for Rising was so much that I spoiled the entire game for myself pre-launch, and while I don't think it affected my experience much, I wonder if I would have felt different going in dark.

If I'm not mistaken, I saw a video a couple of days ago showing Challenge missions in the menu and the second one is a fight with all 6 Constructicons at once. So it sounds pretty sweet. How many have you unlocked so far? It sounds pretty similar to Rising's VR Missions unlock scheme.

5 or so after beating ch1.
yeah, need to try that mission 2. all 6 would be awesome. even the groups of 2 they come in can wreck you

also

I've noticed that most of the videos so far have pretty bad players. This isn't really unusual as far as game streaming goes though. It would be nice to see players actually take advantage of gameplay gimmicks which are so obviously being telegraphed. When Devastator is knocked down, I hardly see anyone take the time to jump up and combo his head for example, or when he's walking around, you can use your range weapons to hit his head to stun him for a moment too. The Megatron fight in the energy ring also seems to have a mechanic where you can hit Megatron onto the energy barrier to stun him while you unload range attacks on him, since it's designed like a wrestling ring. When the Devastator stage boss gets into drill mode, I've seen a trailer show that you can parry the drill projectile to grab it and throw it back too. Wish we could see more of that sort of gameplay from youtubers.

i can confirm all of this is true. i personally didnt do the drill thing but theres a trophy for parrying drills missiles etc so it makes sense

Peff

Oh, I just noticed that two of the difficulty levels are unlockable. Hopes for remixed encounters rising! Someone needs to try the Konami code at the title screen.

duckroll

i can confirm all of this is true. i personally didnt do the drill thing but theres a trophy for parrying drills missiles etc so it makes sense

So hyped. Tuesday can't come soon enough! You should go try the Constructicons challenge battle and report back. :D

Oh, I just noticed that two of the difficulty levels are unlockable. Hopes for remixed encounters rising! Someone needs to try the Konami code at the title screen.

I think the director confirmed in one of the interviews that the difficulties would indeed involve different encounter arrangements.

I can confirm all of this is true. i personally didnt do the drill thing but theres a trophy for parrying drills missiles etc so it makes sense

What kind of parry is in this game? Forward + attack or forward by itself? Rising or Bayonetta, basically.

EDIT: Well not "forward" exactly, but "Left stick towards attack." Whatever, you people know what I mean.

Top Bottom