• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump claims Obama, other presidents never called families of fallen soldiers

kmfdmpig

Wonder what the right wing spin on this one will be. Especially after the whole "honoring the military" thing.

Trump supporters were OK with him mocking McCain for being a POW and going after a family of a fallen soldier, so I'm sure they won't need to spin too much to keep his existing supporters content. At this point it's hard to tell what could finally break their support of him.

Iksenpets

Banned
ixY7Gec.png

This tweet is legit nauseating. There has never been anyone so abhorrent, so lacking in decency or in any other redeeming quality in American public life as Trump.

SoulUnison

Banned
When are his supporters going to admit that constant dishonesty about obvious, easily verifiable facts is a sign of compulsive lying, if not a deeper mental illness?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If he held her then he was there in person, therefore he didn't call her. Checkmate.

To call on someone or to come calling means to visit.

JettDash

When are his supporters going to admit that constant dishonesty about obvious, easily verifiable facts is a sign of compulsive lying, if not a deeper mental illness?

He could start WW3 and most of his surviving supporters would blame it on someone else.

They are stupid, authoritarian scum.

toohectic

From the sound of the articles, Trump hasn't actually called anyone yet, right? He just plans to call them at some point in the week. Imagine if he never followed through with it.

This creature needs to get the fuck out of the White House. When are his fucking supporters going to finally see him for what he is? A insecure, bloated orange toad of a man who is so deeply unintelligent that I feel bad comparing him to a toad. It's not fair to toads.

BigDug13

It doesn't matter if your quarterback is a sexual assaulting, racist, lying, con-artist if he's playing for your favorite team.

Effnine

Do they even give a shit? They either purposefully lie as well or are incredibly and willfully ignorant or malicious.

Gutek

GOP should be ashamed for enabling such bullshit

I can’t believe how indecent and vile this country is. What a shameful display. This man should’ve never even been close to the presidency.

If you voted for Trump, I can’t wait to piss on your grave too.

all of this coming from the mouth of mr. "John McCain is a loser cause he got caught".

All this coming from the man who fought a Gold Star family during the campaign. I remember when that was supposed to sink him and look where the fuck we are. Fuck his supporters and fuck Republicans. You people are the fucking worst.

When his supporters stop being bad people

So never? Or for the others its blind idolatry.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I feel that Trump is so easily to manipulate into doing or saying stuff by simply telling him that Obama didn't do it.

Hey Trump if you're reading this...Obama didn't give me $5 Billion.

Been seeing a lot of tweets from military folks, they aren't too happy with Trump either.

Hex

Banned
Trump is just like every shady lawyer out there.
When dealing with a witness, they will say something wrong and incriminating and then all of the sudden "withdrawn".
It does not matter if the judge tells the jury to disregard it, the jury heard it.
Trump knows his followers.
He says what he wants to, knowing that is what they hear.
When the reality comes to light , even if it is a few minutes later it is too late they heard what they needed to hear.

Loxley

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trump will be the first President in US history who will spark mass, nation-wide celebrations the day he leaves office. Heck, maybe even global celebrations.

I've thought Bush was a monstrous individual for the Iraq war and I still do. But like even he had genuine respect for the military and their families, even though he started a war that got thousands of them needlessly killed. And even when being yelled at by said family over that, he still held them.

Trump is literally the worst human.

It's hard for me to say Trump is a worse president than Bush, because he ultimately does not yet have anything on his plate as spectacularly bad as Iraq, but I think it would be fair to say that there is not a worse human being, relative to the moral standards of his time, that has been president. Maaaaaybe Jackson, but does anybody really think Trump wouldn't order something like a Trail of Tears, if it were sociopolitically acceptable and an option presented to him?

I feel that Trump is so easily to manipulate into doing or saying stuff by simply telling him that Obama didn't do it.

Hey Trump if you're reading this...Obama didn't give me $5 Billion.

Been seeing a lot of tweets from military folks, they aren't too happy with Trump either.

It is interesting as I could swear a lot of them were for him. But then again, that was when he was pretending to be a dove and they bought it. Why they would think a man who is a bully can be given a bully pulpit and would not try to throw his weight around is beyond me. For fucks sake he attack McCain and a Gold Star family, if we are being specific to the military. He non-stop attacked anyone who besmirch his name, what did people think would happen when he actually had power to do something?

It's hard for me to say Trump is a worse president than Bush, because he ultimately does not yet have anything on his plate as spectacularly bad as Iraq, but I think it would be fair to say that there is not a worse human being, relative to the moral standards of his time, that has been president. Maaaaaybe Jackson, but does anybody really think Trump wouldn't order something like a Trail of Tears, if it were sociopolitically acceptable?

Look if it wasnt for the fact that the courts exist, he would do it now anyway. Look at the Muslim ban or his wall (fence? an extra border patrol agent? not sure where this stands) or the DACA thing or his empowerment of ICE. If it wasnt for the fact that the courts could shut some of this shit down he would have Mexicans and Muslims in interment camps faster than you can say "nuke rocket man."

It doesn't matter if your quarterback is a sexual assaulting, racist, lying, con-artist if he's playing for your favorite team.

Great analogy. There’s a reason Trump constantly brings up the election results at complete random times, the euphoria over “we won” must be regularly recharged.

Trump’s gaffes are good as long as liberals think they are bad to the nihilism crowd.

I've thought Bush was a monstrous individual for the Iraq war and I still do. But like even he had genuine respect for the military and their families, even though he started a war that got thousands of them needlessly killed. And even when being yelled at by said family over that, he still held them.

Bush was inept and a bad president but by all accounts he was an actual human being, who had empathy and respect for other people. Honestly Trump's horrible presidency up to this point has given me a lot more respect for W. Still a bad president, but maybe more in over his head than a bad person.

Dommo

It's so bad because it's such an.... unnecessary statement. Like, there was no political weaving, no logical advantage in saying it at all. No one prompted him. He wasn't responding to anyone. He wasn't defending himself at all.

It's the mark of a completely and utterly compulsive liar who straight up can't help himself.

You can see it all ticking around in his head. "Oh shit I haven't called the families of the soldiers yet. Gotta make myself look good and get on the front foot. Hmm... I bet Obama took his sweet time as well. Hell, I bet Obama never called them period. Yeah, we'll go with that. No one can prove otherwise. What are they gonna do? I'm the president for god's sake..."

Exactly no one that chooses to be involve is a good person

I don't think Kelly is a particularly good person, but I think Kelly, Mattis, Tillerson, Mnuchin, and McMaster are pretty nobly sacrificing their reputations in order to keep the executive branch from collapsing into complete chaos. Given this evil government would be much MORE evil with pro-Trump yes-men in these posts, it is difficult for me to say they are in the wrong for staying and trying to salvage what few scraps of decency they can.

I don't think Kelly is a particularly good person, but I think Kelly, Mattis, Tillerson, Mnuchin, and McMaster are pretty nobly sacrificing their reputations in order to keep the executive branch from collapsing into complete chaos. Given this evil government would be much MORE evil with pro-Trump yes-men in these posts, it is difficult for me to say they are in the wrong for staying and trying to salvage what few scraps of decency they can.

If they were truly good people they would have already invoked the 25th amendment.

Gutek

WALK OUT

ISOLATE TRUMP

LET IT COLLAPSE

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
It's so bad because it's such an.... unnecessary statement. Like, there was no political weaving, no logical advantage in saying it at all. No one prompted him. He wasn't responding to anyone. He wasn't defending himself at all.

It's the mark of a completely and utterly compulsive liar who straight up can't help himself.

You can see it all ticking around in his head. "Oh shit I haven't called the families of the soldiers yet. Gotta make myself look good and get on the front foot. Hmm... I bet Obama took his sweet time as well. Hell, I bet Obama never called them period. Yeah, we'll go with that. No one can prove otherwise. What are they gonna do? I'm the president for god's sake..."

You know you just described Homer Simpson's thought process, yeah?

It's hard for me to say Trump is a worse president than Bush, because he ultimately does not yet have anything on his plate as spectacularly bad as Iraq, but I think it would be fair to say that there is not a worse human being, relative to the moral standards of his time, that has been president. Maaaaaybe Jackson, but does anybody really think Trump wouldn't order something like a Trail of Tears, if it were sociopolitically acceptable and an option presented to him?
Trump already cemented himself as the defacto worst after his reaction to the Charlottesville attack.

keuja

Damn I love Pop!
Still not decided on which one of "fat fucking liar" or "soulless coward" describe that shit stain better... Both are very accurate.

If they were truly good people they would have already invoked the 25th amendment.

I didn't say they were good people (though I think Mattis probably is), I said that throwing yourself on the dignity bonfire that is Donald Trump to keep the country from imploding is noble.

WALK OUT

ISOLATE TRUMP

LET IT COLLAPSE

This is the logic that libertarians employed when they suggested doing nothing during the 2008 crisis. Staunching the bleeding and allowing rebuilding to happen from a higher level of functionality is pretty much always a better idea.

Shoeless

I wonder how many Trump supporters will now secretly burn their letters from past Presidents expressing regret for the loss of a family member just so they can prove to their friends that Trump is right, and no President has done it before?

Bush was a shitty President, but I don't think he was a bad person. He did a lot of terrible things, but that was out of fear and due to surrounding himself with really bad influences I feel. I never thought Bush was nefarious the way I think of Trump. He was closer to that than someone like Romney or McCain, but he definitely wasn't like, Supervillain status. I think GWB sincerely thought he was doing the right thing a lot of times, and had advisers telling him it was the right thing to do, but it ended up being terrible almost across the board.

WALK OUT

ISOLATE TRUMP

LET IT COLLAPSE

This is how millions of people suffer.

Top Bottom