• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mike Pence is the most vapid politician I have ever seen in my lifetime.

The vast majority are, but Mike Pence is on another level. He's a soulless robot.

noquarter

That just screams to me he's willing to do anything to play the game again, even if it means going against his ideals.
I don't think it is really going against his values. The NFL and Trump have taken what he was doing as a response to black people being killed by police and turned it into something else. If he kneels he is just against Trump now and 'with' whatever owner is next to him.

His form of protest was taken from him and turned into some bullshit patriotism propaganda for the right. Totally don't blame him for announcing he will stand.

cameron

Wtf, why just make it up?

Looks like the CBS reporter was mentioning what he heard, rather than what was actually discussed. Lame.

AP: CBS clarifies after saying Kaepernick would stand for anthem
NEW YORK (AP) — A CBS reporter has clarified his televised report saying quarterback Colin Kaepernick told him he would stand during the national anthem if he played in the NFL again, saying he didn’t discuss the issue with the player when they spoke.

Jason La Canfora said in a series of tweets on Sunday that he was relaying previous reporting about Kaepernick and did not ask whether the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback would sit or stand during the anthem.

The reversal came after anchor James Brown asked La Canfora on “The NFL Today”: “And kneeling, he said?”

La Canfora responded: “He’s not planning on kneeling. He’s going to donate all his jersey sales and he’s planning on standing for the anthem if given the opportunity, J.B.”

La Canfora tweeted later that he does not know what Kaepernick would do during the anthem.

Relying on unnamed sources, ESPN reported in March that Kaepernick would stand during the anthem if he played again. But Kaepernick has not spoken publicly about what he would do.

Read from bottom up:
VyawqEB.png

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

I hope the players that are forced to stand would turn their backs and say, "What? Are you going to shoot me in the back like a typical American Cop?"

Also LOL @ Mike Pence for trying to manufacture their own fake news.

Ithil

This is so obviously staged by Pence. He knew there would be a protest and planned to leave in advance to pretend to be "outraged".

This is so obviously staged by Pence. He knew there would be a protest and planned to leave in advance to pretend to be "outraged".

TyMo @TyMo214
The real reason Mike Pence left the game was because a woman next to him offered some of her popcorn and he got nervous

Grug

I love how Trump couldn't even let Pence enjoy the spoils of his cynical little display of populism... had to chime in with "it was all me! I told him to do it!".

Egos everywhere.

Armadilo

Banned
Kinda breaking news

JerryJones_2010.jpg

Jerry Jones is the first NFL owner to publicly make a stand about disciplining players who kneel during the anthem. Jones didn't specify what kind of other demonstration he would consider disrespectful.

"I don't know about that. But if there is anything that is disrespectful to the flag then we will not play," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 loss. "You understand? If we are disrespecting the flag then we won't play. Period.

FyreWulff

No way this isn't pre-planned. Media told to wait outside... nice little GIF'd statement already to go.

Fuck these guys. Using the NFL protests to draw attention away from all their failures.

The fact that he immediately flew back out 100% confirms it was all a preplanned stunt. They plan every moment from a plane taking off to a plane landing and the travel in between. Outside of an actual emergency, there would be so much problems from suddenly cutting a VIP visit short by 4-5 hours, and the Secret Service doesn't like unplanned moving pieces.

mjp2417

Banned
Yes. The Vice President of the United States is staging 3 year old photo ops in the jersey of one of the worst teams in football with a grown-ass woman whom he calls "Mother" to protest the rights of Black Americans constitutional right to protest becuz America 2017.

Top Bottom