• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Prime (Included with Amazon Prime)

peteeM

prime is amazing
thanks amazon

oti

Banned
Do we have a comprehensive list of GAF Twitch streamers (pls don't just quote this and paste your Twitch ID)? I'd love to support some.

Totally unrelated: I should start streaming something on Twitch. 😄

This seems like a no brainer if you use twitch. Went to go sign up with Amazon Prime... turns out I've had a year membership.....when did I do that?!

Are you a student, or used Amazon Family, or signed up for American Express? I know there were giving out free memberships.

Edit: I missed it..need to link my account.

I am sure every streamer is going to love this. Free subs out there.

Nice, it even works (failed twice for some reason). That 30 day free sub is pretty neat actually.

Prime getting worth more and more. (If it stays at 50€ a year that is)

Ferrio

Banned
Are you a student, or used Amazon Family, or signed up for American Express? I know there were giving out free memberships.

Edit: I missed it..need to link my account.

I am sure every streamer is going to love this. Free subs out there.

No I was probably drunk LOL

edit: Actually it was probably to save on shipping to Alaska.

cyress8

Banned
Hmm, guess I'll give my twitch subscribe to a gaffer. Any recommendations?
I really do not use twitch besides a quick look at a game I might want at the time.

My wife has amazon prime and I have an account that piggy backs on it - i can get free shipping and stuff but not watch amazon prime videos on my account.

Also wonder about people who have twitch and amazon accounts on seperate emails, wonder if there will be a way to connect them.

edit: there is an option to connect your amazon account to your twitch account on twitch.tv/prime

Chris1

Is all of this available for prime everywhere?

Because we don't get 20% off preorders in the UK, did this stealthy announce it or are we getting screwed over still?

Fliesen

so this replaces twitch turbo?

I got Amazon Prime Student (which offers prime shipping but not the Amazon Prime 'netflix' stuff), and twitch turbo.

If Amazon Prime replaced Twitch prime, that'd be a huge upgrade for me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't use twitch very often or care about any of the benefits, but I do have prime,. Assuming the free sub still gives money to the streamer, I'm looking for a channel to subscribe to to help out a worthy streamer.

The problem is I'm a little neurotic. Looking for a channel that meets the following criteria:
1) Speaks in a quiet voice and doesn't just make noise incessantly.
2) Doesn't encourage chat spam with the stupid fucking take my energy garbage or emote spam. I guess some of it is unavoidable, but certainly no one that plays into this stuff.
3) Doesn't play sound effects or make a big deal when people donate.
4) Doesn't open gambling packs. This is a 100% dealbreaker, this is so disgusting.
5) Plays a variety of interesting games--not any of the major eSports. I like adventure games, puzzle games, mostly independent stuff, platformers, old games, especially weird stuff.
6) Seems to have some semblance of work-life balance
7) Appears to respect women and value kindness

Any suggestions?

StAidan

My wife has amazon prime and I have an account that piggy backs on it - i can get free shipping and stuff but not watch amazon prime videos on my account.

Also wonder about people who have twitch and amazon accounts on seperate emails, wonder if there will be a way to connect them.

edit: there is an option to connect your amazon account to your twitch account on twitch.tv/prime

I'm in that situation myself, the emails on the account don't matter, I was able to link my Twitch account with my wife's Amazon Prime account to get Twitch Prime.

nelchaar

Dat Amazon Prime value.

Prime Video, Prime shipping, Prime 20% games, Prime Audible, Prime Music, Prime Twitch.. Now Prime Twitch. Am I missing anything? Oh yeah, Prime kindle books.

Phinor

prime is amazing
thanks amazon

Not available to over 90% of the people on this planet, thanks Amazon.

I've a feeling this is going to be an issue next month when Grand Tour starts and it remains exclusive to only few countries in the world yet the trio has a very global audience.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't use twitch very often or care about any of the benefits, but I do have prime,. Assuming the free sub still gives money to the streamer, I'm looking for a channel to subscribe to to help out a worthy streamer.

The problem is I'm a little neurotic. Looking for a channel that meets the following criteria:
2) Doesn't encourage chat spam with the stupid fucking take my energy garbage or emote spam. I guess some of it is unavoidable, but certainly no one that plays into this stuff.
4) Doesn't open gambling packs. This is a 100% dealbreaker, this is so disgusting.
5) Plays a variety of interesting games--not any of the major eSports. I like adventure games, puzzle games, mostly independent stuff, platformers, old games, especially weird stuff.

Any suggestions?

Vinesauce? Though he does do some stupid impressions here and there. Hard to find variety streamers that don't do any sort of sub notification/thanks.

Any suggestions?

I like Cohh, he is a variety streamer, but he doesn't do those automated tip chats and generally frowns upon bad language etc.

oti

Banned
No, we don't. Besides, i don't think many people would pay 50€ here in Spain even if we had those services too.

You're not missing much though. Prime Music and Video are outdated. Nice to have but nothing more. The only valuable addition for me was Mr. Robot.

Man, I wish there was a good tennis game out there. I'd stream every single day playing and getting better at it.

Angry Fork

Any suggestions?

I watch twitch a lot and follow a decent amount, mostly pro CS streams but this guy is good imo and is most likely to fit that list.

https://www.twitch.tv/bragoontv

Most streamers are gone to twitch con right now though so worth waiting till that's over to check people out unless you want to go through the vods.

Any that have used the free sub. How do you apply it, did youi still had to enter your credit card info like when you just sub before with Twitch?

Edit: Figured it out, you had to click on Subscrbe and it had 2 options, one to pay and one for free.

I gave my Sub to Shenrryr.

Any suggestions?

Closest I can think of is Quill18. He does acknowledge and is grateful for donations but doesn't get all exaggerated like some folks.

He's a super nice and respectful person---the only downside I can see is that he mostly plays strategy games, is not really a variety streamer.

Cool that it's a free add on with nice perks, but the only one I care about (20% off) was already offered before and I never use twitch.

Not interested personally but grats to those who do benefit from it!

Top Bottom