• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter suspends Rose McGowans account

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an organized boycott tomorrow in response if anyone wants to make a thread.

Hashtag is #WomenBoycottTwitter and the image is:
DL_HzD-UIAANQjT.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah I just saw that tweet and I have never been more pissed off at their response as Twitter have done a crappy job in enforcing their guideline and when Rose is publicly speaking out against the abuse she suffered, Twitter chose now to selectively enforce their joke of a guideline and suspend her account whereas Trump account, where he has at least probably broken almost all of their guideline still remains.

I will be joining the #WomenBoycottTwitter event tomorrow and won't be using Twitter at all.

I applaud her for speaking out the truth.

I'm in, already signed out on all of my devices

Don't just do it for only one day. What's the point of that?

Do it for good.

Forkball

I think Twitter is an excellent and unique platform to share ideas and news, but I have no doubt that the people who run Twitter are awful people who only care about numbers and not about other humans. Time and time again they've shown tolerance for horrific hate speech and threats of violence, as long as it brings attention and hits to their website. The fact that they just sit back and let people spout out garbage that is hurting society is honestly sickening.

tearsofash

I agree. Nobody on here would get banned for pointing out someone's past sexual harassment.

People harass me on here all the time about alleged past abuse and use it to put me down and make me feel terrible even though I'm trying to move past it and they bring it up just to remind everyone I'm a terrible person. So yeah, if they can do that, they can do what you're saying as well.

Twitter simply doesn't give a fuck unless it has to, for example, nazi accounts are filtered in Germany and France and apparently you can hide some of them by simply switching your country to Germany.

https://lifehacker.com/hide-nazis-with-this-twitter-setting-1819414520

Hide Nazis With This Twitter Setting

Twitter, a social media site that verifies Nazis, is legally required to hide Nazi content and symbols in Germany and France. You can take advantage of this without moving to Germany.

Twitter user Christa Peterson discovered that you can just tell Twitter you’re in Germany, and it will try to hide Nazi accounts and tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom