• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new sequels to Enter the Matrix

LakeEarth

Hey, if they can actually deliver this time, I'm all for it. I hope they don't run like they have a stick up their ass again.

DMczaf

Im all for another Matrix game, as long as it doesn't feel like it's been in development for 2 weeks like Enter the Matrix did.

neptunes

matrix_scr2.jpg

Solid

Is Enter The Matrix really that bad? I want a short and cool action game, and it's very cheap now. What version is best? PS2 vs Xbox that is, I don't like the GC controller.

To be truthful, it's an okay game. I played the GC version and wouldn't recommend buying that version (for more reasons than what you said). It just seems like for something so hyped as The Matrix you'd expect more. Of course, that goes for the last to movies, too. I'd say PS2 version because of the controller, but I'm not sure.

There is really not much of difference between the two. Tech wise there is little difference so let the controller decide. It's not that bad a game really. Full of flaws but the fights are fun.

LakeEarth

It's fun for a little while. The first "slow-mo" neck break you see is usually a great experience.

Seriously, if they could make a decent Matrix game, I'd be on it in a second. Imagine actually playing some of the scenes in the movie in game form... with REPSONSIVE controls. I would greatly enjoy trying to fight off 6 guys at the Chateux, or having a gunfight on the first floor of a governement building. God, it's what we've all wanted since we first watched the original Matrix movie.

(edit - WHOO, no longer a Jr! Oh yeah!)

hobbitx

After what happened with ETM, the devs should have plenty of good research for what not to do, ever since that bankjob mission in Conker, I have been dying to play a good game that really captures the feel of the Matrix, I hope the next two aren't complete trash.

Wasn't there a Matrix game for PS1 back in the day? Was it planned and got cancelled, or am I just thinking of something else?

Dead

well not really...yet
The game wasnt that bad, just really unpolished...should have been in development longer.

Hopefully the new Warner Bros. policy will have a positive impact on the games.

on an unrelated note I just found out theres a Hellboy game for PSone

fse

It needs to be console exclusive, either PS2/3 or XB/2. Thus, better graphics, and the best controls.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Good news i think, the Matrix is an awesome premise for a film, it'd be a shame if they gave up on it just because of one poor effort (mind you that was never gonna happen after ETM sold so damn well)

LakeEarth

Ghost said:
(mind you that was never gonna happen after ETM sold so damn well)

Don't think that the developers don't realize that the game would've probably sold 2x more if it weren't for the bad word of mouth on the game, or that within a week you could find used copies of the games at most videogame stores.

Top Bottom