• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds developer Reality Pump goes bankrupt and shuts down

Too bad, Two Worlds II was a great RPG.
The exploration, the quests, the choices, even the horse riding was awesome.
Again, however, they just can't find the winning formula for the combat. If the game had decent combat, it'll be a great game.

misho8723

Banned
Fuck .. Two Worlds wasn't a good game, but Two Worlds Two (ehmm, cool name, right :D) was pretty fucking good.. real good.. one of those rare examples of a game, where the next one in the series is far, far better than the first one.. great graphics (man, that water), combat was simple, nothing deep or complex, but fair enough.. monster diverstiy was really great.. humour - in quests, in characters or dialogs - was sometimes clever and funny, the world was interesting, had good design, the best MAGIC system in RPG games ever, mini-games were fun, etc..

Yeah, I was really happy how that game was and I have hopped that the next game in the series would be atleast as such a big improvement as TW:Two, but that hope is now gone

Zafir

Shame. Two Worlds 2 wasn't actually that bad in my opinion. Hell, even the original Two Worlds was humourously bad rather than plain unfun really.

Raven's Cry was a mess though. There was bits of potential, but it was all overshadowed by bugs, baffling design choices and other issues.

OH lord THEY are the ones who made Ravens Cry?

I still can't get that taste out my mouth, but that game did have some pretty amazing ideas, I think they just needed more time on it.

barit

I tried to play Two World II on PS3. Big mistake. It was a technical mess and not a very good game overall. Even paid 10 bucks for this crap. Still hope everyone lands on their feet. It's awful to lose a job

Zizbuka

Banned
Raven's Cry is a hilariously bad game, it's like Ride to Hell with pirates. I will buy it when it's a cheap €1 joke game.

Right now they're asking €55 though, that is horrible.

Hopefully they'll remove that stupid Reality Pump DRM, then I'd pick it up on the cheap. Loved both Two Worlds games, regardless of what some people will say in this thread.

Mayhap I may be alone on that though.

Avalt

Earth 2150 is probably one of the greatest RTS games ever conceived.... it's really a shame it flew in under the radar. They should have made a proper remake of that game and actually market it this time around. It would make bank.

I never understood why people disliked Two Worlds 2. I thought it was a good game, though buggy.
The same could be said about Skyrim too, but lots of people enjoyed it.

I mean it when I say that I enjoyed Two Worlds II more than, let's say, Dragon Age I or II. I especially had a good time playing with friends in Two Worlds II. Tis a shame.

I've never liked any of their games. But this news is still sad. Any developer going under is a blow to the industry and I hope those that choose to continue find work quickly.

Man, ya'll don't know nothing. Two Worlds 1 was great. In what other game can you kill every NPC in the world and resurrect them as your undead slaves, completely breaking the game in the process.

One of the things I really liked about TW2 on 360 was you could open up a debug menu and tweak things like DOF, motion blur and camera shake. I wish more console games did that.

Bloober Team and Teyon are picking up many of their former staffers it sounds like.

What on earth do they need to staff up for? They're both really small time developers with as of yet no significant successes to their names (although I like Teyon's 3DS games). I guess Poland really is a very friendly environment for game development.

Yeah, Basement Crawl is hot garbage.

BeeDog

Two Worlds 2 is the worst gaming purchase I've done in the last 10 years, and the first game barely had any redeeming qualities at all. Due to this, I have absolutely no gaming attachment to this company, but it's always sad to see someone shutter.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Loved Two Worlds 2 and thought it was a genuinely great game. I honestly had more fun with it in comparison to games like Skyrim. The DLC Pirates Of The Flying Fortress is one of my favourite pieces of DLC in recent years. They had some really ambitious plans for multiplayer too though they were a bit half baked.

Really sad to see them go, would have loved Two Worlds 3.

Denton

I was sad since I enjoyed Two Worlds 2,but then I learned that most people left for CDProjekt, so I am not sad anymore. I am sure their talents will get a lot of use in Cyberpunk.

Man, ya'll don't know nothing. Two Worlds 1 was great. In what other game can you kill every NPC in the world and resurrect them as your undead slaves, completely breaking the game in the process.

I wouldn't call TW1 great, it's an okay game if you didn't play the 360 version of it.

c0Zm1c

Two Worlds 1 had its quirks but it was a better game than 2. The only good things about 2 was the magic system, and even that felt limited after a while, and that it performed better than the first game; it was technical issues that hurt the first game more than anything.

Top Bottom