• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(U.S.) Please be aware of the dates of upcoming elections in your state/local level

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandoGip

They are, but there's no indication that Baker would do anything untoward... He's unparalelled for reaching "across the aisle" (there really is no aisle in Massachusetts) and Democrats in the legislature really praise him for it. If you watch his State of the Commonwealth speech on Tuesday, he got like ~30 ovations, and the state house was almost all Democrats. Plus in Massachusetts, district lines are drawn by the state legislature, go through a bipartisan oversight body, and can only be vetoed by the Governor, if it gets vetoed it then goes back to the legislature... Which as you know, is 34/6 and 126/34 Democrat/Republican, and 9/0 for Congressional reps (D/R)

I've been disappointed with Baker on two items, his latest budget which is under amendment, and also his willingness to go along with Democrat Jason Lewis' anti-marijuana bill that passed the house & senate. Lewis has another bill coming up that is more restrictive on (co-sponsored by Hannah Kane, Republican), and I've been encouraging people to email their legislators to vote against it. I'm confident that if it passes, Baker would sign it as well.

MA, holding it the fuck down! So proud of my state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom