• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Forza 7 down 22% from Forza 6, down 60% from Forza Horizon 3

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Digital share is increasing, and FH appeals to a wider audience.

Seems like a non-story to me.

Horza is now the mainline series, as far as public interest is concerned. Arcade/open world racers are more exciting to the common player than hyper realistic sims.

This is also why GT Sport is going to underperform.

Arcade racers basically died last gen. Sad state of affairs. Sim racers killed them!

Izayoi

Banned
After the absolute bullshit they pulled with micro-transactions, I hope it fucking craters.

I used to be the biggest Forza fan, too... What a goddamn shame.

After the absolute bullshit they pulled with micro-transactions, I hope it fucking craters.

Did you even play the game? I don't understand how is the micro-transaction bullshit. It feels the same as Forza Horizon 3 and everyone loves that game.

Probably digital has lots to do, also I feel the loot boxes controversy is making people overreact , the only big problem that I have with the game is the AI in normal race length and that the multiplayer is not fully implemented.

Lothars

I loved FM2/3/4 and even though I bought FM5 and 6 they never came close to the buzz that I got from the previous ones, so I decided to give the game a miss this time around.
Yup to me the last forza game that mattered to me was 4 and none of the mainline games this gem have got close. I just vastly prefer the forza horizon games. I’m not surprised at this result and would not be surprised to see it not have the legs.

Hopefully when the X releases it will give a boost to the Forza 7 sales. I know I’m waiting until then to pick up a copy up.
I doubt the x will give it a meaningful bump.

tenor.gif

MS has only 3 franchises total and all of them are deep in franchise fatigue and there are no signs MS has any capability or inclination of building new franchises.

Omni

I'm in the camp of... these racing games come out maybe a bit too often. Maybe I'm just not the intended audience, but I play Forza 5 every so often and that satisfies any racing desires I have.

I see these new iterations every year and I just don't feel it

C4Lukins

I know that I am waiting for the new Xbox before getting Forza 7, and that will be a digital sale, but that may be a unique situation.

Some things to consider.

Was Forza Horizon 3 sold in a bundle in the U.K. on launch? Was Forza 7 sold as a bundle on launch? Forza 6 is a different animal because that drop could be explained by digital downloads, which I assume are more prevalent 3 years later. But of course there was a much smaller user base for Xbox One then so that probably offsets.

I would give it until the Xbox One X releases before really having a good idea of whether or not Forza has taken a dive with 7.

watdaeff4

Stop this line of thinking!

What's the digital share?

I mean it's maybe a tick higher than FM6 due to Play Anywhere, but I doubt it comes close to negate the 22% drop from Forza 6.

The more rationale explanations for the drop from FM6 are 1) franchise fatigue 2) Gran Turismo for those who own both and 3) loot boxes

C4Lukins

Stop this line of thinking!

What's the digital share?

Nobody seems to know. Which is why you should not dismiss it.

I recently bought a Switch, and along with it I bought two physical copies of games only because Nintendo is just so far behind on everything outside of making great games.

I own like 300 plus Xbox One games, many of which are backwards compatible 360 games, and 7 of them are physical, because I bought 3 games on launch, and I have received 4 more physical copies of Xbox One games as gifts.

When you start to own let's say dozens of games, that are digital only, and your life is not constant trips to GameStop, it is a freeing experience.

You may save money over time, but if you have a job, the amount of time you spend doing this whole buying and reselling games, it is probably close to a job at McDonalds.

danowat

Banned
Did you even play the game? I don't understand how is the micro-transaction bullshit. It feels the same as Forza Horizon 3 and everyone loves that game.
If you think it feels the same, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the car collection tier system and loot crate system work together.
It may not be completely hamstrung by it, but it's clear to see the end goal.

WHM-6R

Neo Member

This sounds like you've never played 7.

What "absolute bullshit" are you even talking about? this post really feels like you're just mad at the words without really understanding their effect on game play. Mad because the internet told you to be

If you think it feels the same, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the car collection tier system and loot crate system work together.
It may not be completely hamstrung by it, but it's clear to see the end goal.

I've got some hours into the single player progression and spent bit on the rivals boards, I don't feel any particular increase in grind or burden placed on it by the new mods. I've spent Cr on a mod pack or 2 and 2 lucky car crates because I've had spare cash. The boxes are being blown out of proportion.

jrDev

Nobody seems to know. Which is why you should not dismiss it.

I recently bought a Switch, and along with it I bought two physical copies of games only because Nintendo is just so far behind on everything outside of making great games.

I own like 300 plus Xbox One games, many of which are backwards compatible 360 games, and 7 of them are physical, because I bought 3 games on launch, and I have received 4 more physical copies of Xbox One games as gifts.

When you start to own let's say dozens of games, that are digital only, and your life is not constant trips to GameStop, it is a freeing experience.

You may save money over time, but if you have a job, the amount of time you spend doing this whole buying and reselling games, it is probably close to a job at McDonalds.
Constant trips? This is OT but no this is not a good excuse to waste money when there are things like 2 day online deliveries offered by many places with cheaper prices etc...

Top Bottom