• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK New 3DS Ambassadors - Free Skull Kid Figure

Zafir

Yeah mine randomly arrived today, and there was some confusion because it only had my house number, no street address. Fortunately they still found the right house.

Vanethyr

Mine's still showing as "Courier Received" at 09:20, but I'm more concerned about not having anyone at home to receive it.

In the past the Hermes couriers here have taken the "you weren't home so I sent it back" approach with no chance to re-arrange.

Flintty

I was expecting two parcels today (Dedede and Sonic Amiibos) but was surprised when I found that three were delivered.I thought perhaps it was Meta Knight and Zavvi forgot to update the shipping status??

Opened the box and I have a Skull Kid figure. Such a nice surprise! I guess I should buy the game now...

The figure is awesome.

TheMoon

It's never NoA that does something like this.

Limiting this offer to one country in your entire region seems very much like selling a limited edition for a game only at one store in the entire US. So this is pretty much exactly something NoA would do ;)

DataGhost

Limiting this offer to one country in your entire region seems very much like selling a limited edition for a game only at one store in the entire US. So this is pretty much exactly something NoA would do ;)

Heh, I meant giving us a promotion after the purchase. The only one that I can remember NoA doing was ordering the limited edition of Hyrule Warriors for a scarf.

andshrew

Opened the box and I have a Skull Kid figure. Such a nice surprise! I guess I should buy the game now...

The figure is awesome.

I thought you had to buy it in the first place...? I've had it turn up today too and I'm yet to even buy the game so I guess not!

Received an email from Hermes that said: "Your The Hut Group parcel is now with your local Hermes courier for delivery", which also contained a link for parcel tracking. Sadly the last update was this morning, 'Not Delivered - Address Query'.

Zafir

Received an email from Hermes that said: "Your The Hut Group parcel is now with your local Hermes courier for delivery", which also contained a link for parcel tracking. Sadly the last update was this morning, 'Not Delivered - Address Query'.

Probably the same thing as everyone else and I experienced where they didn't put the street. I was lucky that they managed to figure it out from my postcode. You could try phoning them up and telling them?

TheMoon

I thought you had to buy it in the first place...? I've had it turn up today too and I'm yet to even buy the game so I guess not!

NUK clearly fucked up there. But luckily in a good way. The deal was you had to order MM3D from NUK store OR buy it elsewhere and register it to your CN account. But now it seems every UK N3DS ambassador owner is getting one.

Probably the same thing as everyone else and I experienced where they didn't put the street. I was lucky that they managed to figure it out from my postcode. You could try phoning them up and telling them?

Yup - and FWIW, it's made me feel a bit better that I'm not alone!

I had a quick look on the Hermes site and the contact section says to go back to the retailer. I'm going to see if I can find a contact number elsewhere for my local depot and have the feeling this is going to be fun...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When a delivery service struggles to work out an address despite having the postcode I honestly surprised they are in business. Anyone with a gram of a brain can type a postcode into a search engine and get close to the correct address. All you need is the house number to narrow it down which apparently they have.

If the parcel is not here tomorrow I'll have to start looking into how to contact them.

Zafir

When a delivery service struggles to work out an address despite having the postcode I honestly surprised they are in business. Anyone with a gram of a brain can type a postcode into a search engine and get close to the correct address. All you need is the house number to narrow it down which apparently they have.

If the parcel is not here tomorrow I'll have to start looking into how to contact them.

Well, yeah, I don't disagree. I guess they may not have told the driver, and the driver couldn't search for it for whatever reason. I've no idea.

Never considered hermes to be very good though. Not after receiving multiple boxes beaten up by them. They're worse than Yodel in my area, and that's saying something.

Flintty

Yeah I got the email saying I'd get the figure if I bought the game and I nearly did - I had it in my basket but changed my mind.

It could be a mistake but if not, fair play to Nintendo.

Perhaps they made too many.

imae

I completely missed the news about the free skull kid figurine for UK ambassador + Majoras Mask owners, so i was both confused and pleasantly surprised when it turned up today.

Yeah for free stuff!

dlee83

Neo Member
Is there anybody else at all who, like me, should fill the criteria but haven't received one as yet? (not including those that missed delivery or know they have one on the way?)

JoeM86

Mine just arrived :) No issues on the address label, had my full address

B-mu35FWwAElWKP.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mine arrived today with what was obviously a new address label stuck over the old one so I guess they really did need to spell out the address in full. :/

Hey NoE, you could send one of these old Owl's way, please? this is because I didn't buy your ambassador 3DS offer isn't it? ISN'T IT?!

Do I get this for getting the digital version of the game? Because that auto-registers on club Nintendo... these Nintendo promotions always seem complex to claim :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do I get this for getting the digital version of the game? Because that auto-registers on club Nintendo... these Nintendo promotions always seem complex to claim :/
It's not that complicated either buy it from the Nintendo store before the end of the month or register your copy with Club Nintendo if you're buying it from somewhere else. Since a digital copy auto registers it'll be fine.

Hey NoE, you could send one of these old Owl's way, please? this is because I didn't buy your ambassador 3DS offer isn't it? ISN'T IT?!
For this specific offer yes, but it was still possible to get one if you bought a non ambassador n3DS from them with MM3D.

It's not that complicated either buy it from the Nintendo store before the end of the month or register your copy with Club Nintendo if you're buying it from somewhere else. Since a digital copy auto registers it'll be fine.

Thanks, I was just worried I may not get one, especially as people in here are already getting them :p

Highwind

So that's what the email was about.

Which means someone has fucked up because it wasn't delivered to my address but is marked as delivered. :/

Anyone know who I should contact?

Don't know why companies use such a complete shit delivery service.

NUK clearly fucked up there. But luckily in a good way. The deal was you had to order MM3D from NUK store OR buy it elsewhere and register it to your CN account. But now it seems every UK N3DS ambassador owner is getting one.

And Nintendo won't even ship them to Ireland. The disappointment of it all!

2Uq1LUs.gif

dc89

Same here. I did buy the ambassadors NDS though.

Same with me. I got the Ambassador's 3DS (and I did get MM but not from Nintendo) and a Skull Kid statue randomly shows up today.

Really happy with this! Thanks Nintendo.

weekev

Banned
Yeah mine randomly arrived today, and there was some confusion because it only had my house number, no street address. Fortunately they still found the right house.
Mine was exactly the same, luckily the delivery guy left his number on the slip so i called him and he brought it back and now skull kid is keeping my Amiibos company.

I had the same - house number and postcode but no street name.

When attempting delivering, they left it in a "secure location" - personally, I'm not sure that under a recycling box in my front yard is the most secure of locations, but it seemed to work!

Highwind

I am starting to think the Hermes delivery driver stole my Skullkid figure.

They said they left it in the porch but it wasn't there on Monday and everyone was home that day.

Either that, the driver delivered to the wrong house or the driver left it outside and it got stolen.

Contacted Nintendo but no response yet.

Oh please. Does every thread need to have NOA moaning, especially when several people have already done that. You know what I say instead fuck NOE. For starters nobody outside of the UK gets this. Buying a console is still the only way to get the skull kid figure in the UK (all this does is extends it to the non too happy n3DS ambassadors who were stuck buying a second console in as many months over it). The availability is really unreasonable compared "shitty" NOA who made the skull kid figure the limited edition version of the game (yes they did have problems with quite how many copies of that limited edition there were though). Meanwhile in Europe our limited edition is a stupid steelbook, poster and badge pin. But I take you've already driven off and you're still blinded by your ignorant hate of NOA.

Oh please. Does every thread need to have NOA moaning, especially when several people have already done that. You know what I say instead fuck NOE. For starters nobody outside of the UK gets this. Buying a console is still the only way to get the skull kid figure in the UK (all this does is extends it to the non too happy n3DS ambassadors who were stuck buying a second console in as many months over it). The availability is really unreasonable compared "shitty" NOA who made the skull kid figure the limited edition version of the game (yes they did have problems with quite how many copies of that limited edition there were though). Meanwhile in Europe our limited edition is a stupid steelbook, poster and badge pin. But I take you've already driven off and you're still blinded by your ignorant hate of NOA.

I'll take a stupid steelbook over a stupid figurine any day of the week. UK get the steelbook and the figurine. Assuming they bought a n3DS.

Ricky 7

Tbh I would have preferred if Nintendo gave out that glass paper weight that Game were offering with pre-orders of the standard edition instead of the figure.

Tillbo

Tbh I would have preferred if Nintendo gave out that glass paper weight that Game were offering with pre-orders of the standard edition instead of the figure.

To be honest the paperweight isn't all that great at all. It is much smaller than I expected it to be, made of plastic and the finish isn't all that good. I think you're probably better off with the figure.

I have one of these, but am not really a figure collector - anyone fancy doing a 2 game swap for this? Say Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario Sticker Star/ Mario Golf?

dlee83

Neo Member
Did anybody else that purchased an ambassador console never receive 1 of these? Are they still being sent out? I emailed nintendo customer support a week back to no reply as well, any other suggestions?

mr_lakitu

Neo Member
Did anybody else that purchased an ambassador console never receive 1 of these? Are they still being sent out? I emailed nintendo customer support a week back to no reply as well, any other suggestions?

I assume you mean bought the ambassador 3DS in Jan AND MM 3D from the Nintendo store. I did and haven't received the skull kid. I did get the emails to tell me I'm entitled to it. I haven't registered MM3D yet tho, if it even came with a code? But I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to.

Top Bottom