• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Terror group firebombs restaurant, threatens female suicide attack...

Shy

dbvVwJ4.gif

Apt101

I'm literally watching A Cook Abroad: Rick Stein's Australia on my iPad next to me, and read that as they set Rick Stein on fire. I was like "Oh my god!".

So wow, I had no idea there was a movement for Cornish independence.

I don't understand why people find this so funny,
Separatist are the biggest terrorist actor in Europe by number of action.
They don't have soviet support anymore but still they are as much as terrorist as Neo-Nazi organisation or ISIS sympathiser.

It's mostly because in a British political context, they really are small potatoes. Everyone here knows how separatist terrorism is, well, terrifying - the Troubles pretty much defined British domestic politics for the latter half of the 20th century.

I had never even heard of Cornish terrorism until today. While it's known there's an undercurrent of Cornish nationalism in south west England, the practical reality and historical precedent pales next to something like Scottish independence, which came with its own caveats. So the very idea of a Cornish terrorism group just seems... ludicrous, however dangerous they may (or may not) actually turn out to be.

daviyoung

Banned
It all sounds very laughable, but there is always truth hidden in statements from groups like this

Give me a second, I'll find it

Ah, here we go:

In a blog post, which has since been removed, they said: ‘Our organisation has grown and we now have one member

eizarus

Banned
I'm confused; The way people are so lax in this thread and how the BBC isn't even reporting on this makes me think there's something I'm missing here.

MCN

Banned
I'm confused; The way people are so lax in this thread and how the BBC isn't even reporting on this makes me think there's something I'm missing here.

Because it's literally nothing. The CRA are a handful of nutjobs with no support, no money and no resources. Plus British news media isn't quite as...sensationalist as American news media.

RedShift

All nationalism is inherently dumb but there's something quite spectacularly stupid about Cornish nationalism.

Pretty sure my grandad was a Cornish nationalist back in the day, but it just makes so little sense.

pswii60

Übermatik;242982214 said:
Everything about this is ridiculous.

They're Cornish extremists... and they're setting fire to chip shops.
It's basically just Mafia type activity. They'll want their weekly security money or...

All the nationalism stuff is just noise trying to scare off people from outside Cornwall from opening business there.

H1PSTER

All nationalism is inherently dumb but there's something quite spectacularly stupid about Cornish nationalism.

Pretty sure my grandad was a Cornish nationalist back in the day, but it just makes so little sense.

Cornwall is supposed to be the last bastion of "actual" Celtic people in England; their dialect and the Cornish/Breton language is as close to how it used to be compared to our Latin one is so people want to allow it to prosper...

... However there are different ways to go about it than blow up a bloody chip shop.

Jezbollah

It's a joke movement. No one is taking them seriously - all it would take is for them to even think about doing more then "firebombing" a restaurant and one police raid would wipe them from existence.

RulkezX

Oh wow.....

They set fire to the wheely bin and the restaurant opened as normal 😂

Metro aiming for The Sun tier shitiness

Because the source and OP are making out out to be something its not.

This is what was "firebombed"

71nmoCGR7aL._SY450_.jpg

It's likely this a couple of bams doing drunken shit ( but stopping short of serious criminality) and shitposting online. They've likely taken their stuff down given how much shit they could get in the aftermath of the recent real attacks.

pswii60

Oh wow.....

71nmoCGR7aL._SY450_.jpg
Oh ROFL

If ISIS, the Tories and Al Qaeda can't make the British people live in constant fear then what do you think a handful of fake terrorists will accomplish?

Aki-at

Woah they've finally convinced one person to give their life for the cause... but that would mean everyone else in the "organisation" including the oldest members didn't want to kill themselves for independence so one guy just kept going through his phone contacts until he got someone.

"Dave mind blowing yourself up?"
"You havin' a laugh mate? I got tickets first day of the season"
"No? I guess I'll go ask Laura when she's drunk"

Oh wow.....

They set fire to the wheely bin and the restaurant opened as normal ��

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71nmoCGR7aL._SY450_.jpg[img]

It's likely this a couple of bams doing drunken shit ( but stopping short of serious criminality) and shitposting online. They've likely taken their stuff down given how much shit they could get in the aftermath of the recent real attacks.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it good to have a bit of fun at the idiots expense.

This is one such occasion,everyone knows it's bullshit if they bothered to read the OP and the link, but it's fun to see what madness goes on in sheep shagging land.

Jezbollah

Me and a few mates used to think it was a good idea to throw a few shopping trollies into a river when we were drunk years ago.

I'm starting to wonder if we're now a terror group :)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh wow.....

71nmoCGR7aL._SY450_.jpg

It's likely this a couple of bams doing drunken shit ( but stopping short of serious criminality) and shitposting online. They've likely taken their stuff down given how much shit they could get in the aftermath of the recent real attacks.

They set fire to a trash bin? LOL

Me and a few mates used to think it was a good idea to throw a few shopping trollies into a river when we were drunk years ago.

Greenpeace and the authorities have been alerted to your heinous act of eco-terrorism.

May God have mercy on your soul, the courts surely won't.

daviyoung

Banned

yes, you terrorised those poor trolley boys who had to wade in and get them back in the morning

Theonik

The only way this would have been acceptable is if you were the guy that dumped those Boris Bikes under London Bridge.

Live close to here and know someone that works there, they said they still had to go in to work the next day and clean up and they opened again that night, even though it still stink of fire. They also said that it was believed to have been caused by something flammable being put into a bin, but I've heard rumours it was the local fishermen because the restaurant doesn't source it's fish locally and they chose that day because it was Rick's birthday.

My bet would be on the bin though.

Top Bottom