• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Summer Update/ Patch 1.08 Release On June 29

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
WHAT ARE THEY TALKIN BOUT HERE? IS IT HORDE MODE CUZ IM WAITING

I assume horde won't be in until Co-op is added in August. My guess is it's just a leveling system. Right now, the only way to earn ranks is in ranked TDM. A lot of people were asking for a more basic progression system.

Tagg9

Kinda disappointed there's only one new map - hope there are more coming soon. The road map does say "new maps".

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Kinda disappointed there's only one new map - hope there are more coming soon. The road map does say "new maps".
I was expecting at least two in first update, yeah. I like all the maps, but some greater variety is needed.

barit

Cool about time we get some new stuff. MP is still a blast. Some of the moves I pulled off in this game are just unreal sometimes. I love it when I'm in a killing flow and every animation and shoot fits perfect. Absolutely great game across-the-board.

Foxxsoxx

I was expecting at least two in first update, yeah. I like all the maps, but some greater variety is needed.

It is a little disappointing for sure but I talked to Qtrain on Reddit and he said that more maps are definitely being made, but they wanted to ship something with this update but maps take quite a while to make.

I fully expect another map or two by the end of July or sometime August.

N.Domixis

Banned
Im getting worried about the comment on making sure you rank up now. When I first played I played 5 matches and started at Gold 3. I though it went bronze, silver, gold, pt, diamond?

I am at gold 1 0/100. Freaking out right now. What if its a special item or a trophy for D1? And after the update it becomes impossible to get?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
It is a little disappointing for sure but I talked to Qtrain on Reddit and he said that more maps are definitely being made, but they wanted to ship something with this update but maps take quite a while to make.

I fully expect another map or two by the end of July or sometime August.
Cool, thanks for the update.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If we have season pass, do we still need to use relics on new vanity items? Anyone know?

Description for the triple pack says

MP Pack 1 includes:
• Long Gun
• Booster
• Skin
• Hat
• Taunt

MP Pack 2 includes:
• Pistol
• Booster
• Mystical
• Hat
• Taunt

It seems like it will shortcut your spending for some items, but not necessarily all of them. Hard to say until the DLC hits.

Im hoping for a leveling system, no party playlist and the game being more generous with the purple currency.

The game is already pretty generous. I play every three days to get all my daily challenges. Replace until I get one that pays 450 (the max as far as I can tell), get them done, and that's nearly 1,500 right there. Plus you can do and redo the mobile game for a slower drip on top of that. Finished getting all the vanity items nearly a month ago. Now I've got over 10,000 saved up, and I've been missing a few days here and there.

What really sets this currency system apart from most other similar types is that there are NO DUPLICATES. The loot cycle isn't endless, and after spending half a year with Black Ops 3, I am so thankful for that.

bombshell

I agree with others that the thing they are keeping a mystery is a leveling system. That's not very important to me, but it's clear it's a big deal for many others.

Reading the text and comparing it to the roadmap. They have maps in plural for the summer 2016 update, so it looks like we can expect 2 updates each season, with the second summer 2016 update bringing another new map, the new mode and the cinema replay feature. I'm guessing in early-mid august, if it's the same gap as this update.

Holy shit at all the skins being added. That's 100+ in addition to the ~50 or so that already exist.

I would only expect half of the skins in this update and the other half in the second summer update.

N.Domixis

Banned
I want the uncharted 2 system were ranking up just 1 level past level 60 could take weeks to achieve. I went all the way too black badge XXX.
Took 15 million dollars to hit 60(X) imagine doing that 20 more times to hit 80(XXX) lmao. The grind I experienced was like never before.

bombshell

Custom-game-settings-small.jpg

I remember they said that implementing a classic mode would be difficult for them, but with these (new?) options for custom matches it seems they already have the ability to set up a playlist with all the non-classic features disabled. I think the only thing missing would be power weapon spawns.

Any guesses as to what the new mystical will be

Apparently it has something to do with elephants.

You turn into a horde of elephants and trample down everything in your sight, including your teammates. You can also pick up water with your trunk and shoot people with. Since elephants are very stable animals, you can do so at pin point accuracy, no recoil whatsoever.

Also hoping that we get a map based around the "pirate city" towards the end game of campaign.

We already got that in the form of the Pirate Colony map, unless you mean a map based on New Devon, which i would like to see as well. A map set in the wilderness of Madagascar would be nice too.

Drencrom

This is the image from the blog post on ND's site and it doesn't look like it's from a current map (no map got a fence or a tower like that) so I guess it's the new map. Looks like an urban setting, maybe the prison going by the fence?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's Madagascar City

Hopefully includes a mode without all the gunk.

No AI brute and hunter spamming.
No downs and revives.
No Jesus healing stones.

The dream.

CrayToes

Thought I'd be playing this MP for months like TLOU but it just bores the crap out of me. Such a disappointment. Give me SP DLC and co op!

VanWinkle

Outside of what's on their roadmap, I want:

Leveling system
FFA mode
No sidekick, no mystical mode
Elimination mode
Objective mode

This is the image from the blog post on ND's site and it doesn't look like it's from a current map (no map got a fence or a tower like that) so I guess it's the new map. Looks like an urban setting, maybe the prison going by the fence?

The tower looks identical to the one at the bottom of Madagascar City, but it doesn't have a fence like that next to it. Are we possibly getting another map set in King's Bay, or maybe it's an old screen from an early version of the Madagascar City map?

Edit: Actually, the building next to it looks the same too, and the fence could just be the telephone cables. Could just be shot from a weird angle.

Drencrom

The tower looks identical to the one at the bottom of Madagascar City, but it doesn't have a fence like that next to it. Are we possibly getting another map set in King's Bay, or maybe it's an old screen from an early version of the Madagascar City map?

Edit: Actually, the building next to it looks the same too, and the fence could just be the telephone cables. Could just be shot from a weird angle.

You're right, it's definitely Madagascar City. That "fence" really threw me off lol

I think it is this.

Yup, people have been very vocal regarding the absence of a leveling system on the ND forums, twitter and reddit so it's definitely being added.

You're right, it's definitely Madagascar City. That "fence" really threw me off lol

Yup, people have been very vocal regarding the absence of a leveling system on the ND forums, twitter and reddit so it's definitely being added.

Yeah, i didn't quite get the angle right, but you can see it on these screens:

What looked like a fence are actually the construction pillars in front of the telephone wires. That's a relief, i'd rather see a new setting, if we're only getting one map this time. :)

I stopped playing within a couple of weeks of release, i love visible progression, adding a ranking system will definitely bring me back.......for good.

We already got that in the form of the Pirate Colony map, unless you mean a map based on New Devon, which i would like to see as well. A map set in the wilderness of Madagascar would be nice too.

Yeah that's what I meant but wanted to keep the spoilers out. A prison map could be a possibility too.

Drencrom

Yeah, i didn't quite get the angle right, but you can see it on these screens:

What looked like a fence are actually the construction pillars in front of the telephone wires. That's a relief, i'd rather see a new setting, if we're only getting one map this time. :)

Yeah, the new map is most likely using a new setting as there are several settings in the singleplayer they haven't used yet like
the prison, Madagascar outdoors/wilderness, New Devon, the beach setting from chapter 12, the orphanage
etc

My 19,460 relics are ready.

Not bad at all...

Revven

Perfect timing for me, I just finished getting all the vanity stuff last night. Sadly, I won't have long enough time to start saving up relics like I was hoping. Uuurgh.

Drencrom

After finishing single player I never bothered with multiplayer. What's the general consensus?

It's a lot fun imo, there really isn't anything like it MP wise when it comes to the pace of the action and traversal. You should definitely give it a try if you liked the SP.

Foxxsoxx

It's a lot fun imo, there really isn't anything like it MP wise when it comes to the pace of the action and traversal. You should definitely give it a try if you liked the SP.

Yeah ND multiplayers always have a dedicated following with a decent population.

It's one of the best third person shooters out right now, I just urge you to play the game it was meant to be played, fast.

N.Domixis

Banned
Just reached platinum 2, I've been put on the winning team like 10 times in a row as a solo player! Just 4 more to go for Diamond 1.

Just reached platinum 2, I've been put on the winning team like 10 times in a row as a solo player! Just 4 more to go for Diamond 1.

Lucky you -_-
It seems everytime I need one win to move up a rank I get either put up against a party or on a group of a-holes who leave 2-3 mins into the match.

I'm lucky there are no trophies tied into this (yet) or I would have lost my sanity a long time ago.

Top Bottom