• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Fercho

Why did Tytion seem so sad about Jon and Dany fuckn together?

I have 3 theories.

He thinks this is going to complicate things regarding the upcoming war after they kill the night king.

He plotted with Cersei and Jon Snow is part of his plan somehow.

He is jealous, i remember a scene on the last season when he said to her "Daario was not the first to love you and would not be the last" , he said these lines like implying he loves her.

Dany

Banned
He does not love her. I hope he does not. As her hand, he is concerned about Dany's decision making capacity when she's boning an ally.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still don't get why people are so focused on the incest angle here when that's one of the least important problems with the Jon-Dany hookup. I mean, the fact that they met three episodes ago and we're already at the point at which Jon's doing Damn Fool Ned Things for her.

He does not love her. I hope he does not. As her hand, he is concerned about Dany's decision making capacity when she's boning an ally.

I don't think that was even implied. I mean, there's plot twists and there's out of nowhere shit like that. I think he's simply concerned about the ramifications of the two of the most powerful people in Westeros hooking up. Tyrion's loyalty to Dany isn't abslolute - it's largely based on the implied promises of what he'll get when she wins, which is that he would take Casterly Rock and presumably somehow let at least Jaime off the hook. Adding Jon as a more important advisor changes the equation a lot because Jon has wholly different priorities and may have wholly different views of how the Lannisters and their fortune should be dealt with after the war.

Dany

Banned
ALSO. Was the plot leaked for next season, or was it only for season 7? I didn't read any of them, but I'm curious on the accuracy of the leaks from last year.

Fercho

If i was that close to Dany i would love the shit out of her LMAO.

Regarding the leaks for season 8, they are some floating around right now but the accuracy is debatable. Having said that, they where some leaks on season 7 since last year that where painfully accurate, so tread lightly

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's no way there are plot leaks for Season 8. They haven't even started filming yet.

cj_iwakura

What was leaked about 7? Dead dragon, wall coming down?

Also, no Dorne update? Boy does it suck to be those two. We'll just see a skeleton later I guess.

Dany

Banned
Hey folks, no leak discussion. Thank you.

game-of-thrones-littlefinger-shadows.gif

Gigglepoo

I wish Jamie leaving Cercei as it snowed in King's Landing was the last shot. Really loved how it looked and it would have made sense to see the weather change after the Wall came down.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Great summary. But someone needs to get killed for Lightbringer (The Weapon to kill the Knights King) to exist.

At this point the candidates are

Dany (Practically anyone could be AA)
Sansa (Plot Twist Tyrion is AA)
Cersi (Jamie is AA)
Brienne (Jamie is AA)
Gilly (Sam is AA)
The Mountain (The hound is AA)

Everyone is taking that legend/prophesy too literally i think.

Moff

I am glad Cersei didn't die, although I would have bet top dollar on it.
She is an important and cool character, and I think Headey doesn't get enough credit for her. But that happens often with intentionally unlikable characters.

rashbeep

Banned
I wish Jamie leaving Cercei as it snowed in King's Landing was the last shot. Really loved how it looked and it would have made sense to see the weather change after the Wall came down.

it's kinda lame how every episode almost needs to end on a spectacle, this would have worked so much better

"Winter is Here" is a perfect ending track to the season

Everyone is taking that legend/prophesy too literally i think.

I have a pet theory which is that we will never know conclusively who AA is. At least in the books. By the end, we will realize that it could refer to multiple people, and probably also multiple people will claim it for political reasons. Sounds like a nice GRRM-style subversion of the prophecy trope

Melisandre (when asked whether Dany will be the Prince/ss that was promised): "I believe you have a part to play"

mantidor

I'm basing it on Mel's saying that Dany has a role to play but also basically saying that she isn't TPWP.

I thought the general idea there was that profecies are unreliable, after Mel being wrong so many times she was being cautious. "Profecies are dangerous" was what she said if I'm not mistaken.

Moff

wait, didn't someone in this very thread say that he knew the bloke who played Howland Reed and that he would be back this season?? Where was Howland Reed? Where was my tourney at harrenhal!

That's kind of harsh, but I can't call it undeserved. Myrcella was a complete innocent.

Ellaria was acting a fool after Oberyn died. Besides taking out innocent Myrcella, she proceeds to kill Doran in honor of Oberyn. Pretty sure that's the opposite of what Oberyn would have wanted, smh.

My theory is that Cersei will go to give birth, but Tyrion will slide out lubricated in butter, do a little dance, and then run off giggling madly.

A jape befitting Lann the Clever!

That or, I don't know, he probably just won't do much for the rest of the series.

Vixdean

It is just too convoluted to work. Nobody really likes him and his control is entirely dependent on Sansa. I've got to think there is another move in there. His hold just isn't plausible and that is before the re-emergence of the other Starks.

Well, like most of the best-laid plans in both the books and on the show, it will likely be upturned by unforeseeable events.

No tourney of harenhall flash back is very disappointing.

It almost makes too much sense for it to have been done. Introduce Rhaegar, build him up as a virtuous Prince. The mad king's craziness and insults of jaimje/Tywin. Scenes with young Howland and the last generation of stark siblings. Elia Martell and young selmy.

Top Bottom