• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria: Azure Revolution now also coming to PS Vita, due out in Japan 1/29/17

Nyoro SF

Looks like Sega Japan got cold feet when it came to domestic sales. Not a surprise, but I kind of hoped they would have pushed this game's graphics some more, that doesn't seem feasible anymore.

Having a demo that late, and then pushing the game out this Winter 2017, must either mean they have extreme confidence in the game or that they don't want to spend any more money on the title. I honestly expected a longer delay into 2017 for polish purposes given that the base game was on all accounts in need of some serious work. I especially expected a longer delay into 2017 now that they've tacked on a platform; since they're sticking to their target date, I don't have hopes that the Vita version won't be a technical disaster instead of refined.

At least I'll be there on TGS to play it. Gonna pre-register on the site to get the bonus chapter when I get home.

So funny seeing the Japanese Sega Youtube channel be overrun with English comments all the time. Wonder what the boys in Japan think.

Anyway, given this is Sega we are talking about, I'd wager that localization will be announced AFTER the game comes out in Japan, within 1-3 months.

In the House of Sega, only Sanic and Purse Owner get localization announcements before JP release.

Ponn

Banned
I have faith that Sega/Atlus USA will localize and release both versions in the West.

I think they will too but I have a feeling at this point it will be a digital only vita release. I'm fine with that but I know some people really like their physical vita carts. If that is the case I hope people don't support the release just because of that.

Nyoro SF

So funny seeing the Japanese Sega Youtube channel be overrun with English comments all the time. Wonder what the boys in Japan think.

Anyway, given this is Sega we are talking about, I'd wager that localization will be announced AFTER the game comes out in Japan, within 1-3 months.

In the House of Sega, only Sanic and Purse Owner get localization announcements before JP release.

I'm not bothered, I'm just going to import first. Since Atlus appears to have Sega under their control now, I'm assuming that dual audio is not going to be offered, so might as well get my voices now before I buy the localized option.

Just pre-registered on the site and I'll be attending TGS to play the on-site demo.

Shizuka

I think they will too but I have a feeling at this point it will be a digital only vita release. I'm fine with that but I know some people really like their physical vita carts. If that is the case I hope people don't support the release just because of that.

Hoping for an asian or LRG release for the game if so.

Kasper

I hope we get the Vita port in the West, at least if it's a competent one. If the game works well on Vita that would definitely make it my system of choice.

Wow! I hope it turns out good. If so day 1. Been playing the remaster on PS4 and man do I miss this series.

Still hoping for VC3

Ok, either I'm crazy, or do her eyes look like cybernetics in this art?

Valkyria-Azure-Revolution_2016_08-26-16_001.jpg

Like there's all these lines and layers of very artificial looking thickness like people's eyes in Xenoblade X, or Adam Jensen and Bob Page's eyes - Like the aperture of a digital camera.

Also the lens flare of her eyes is the kind of effect an LED light would create, not natural light.

IDK, but something about Azure Revolution tells me it's going to delve into the sci-fi undertones the first two games hinted at (That VC3 completely dropped
until around the end
.)

Top Bottom