• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

Sounds like you have poor item management :p

HOMEGROWN PICTURES TIME

Screenshot2012-12-19at160803.png

Screenshot2012-12-19at160747.png

Screenshot2012-12-19at160824.png

Screenshot2012-12-19at160844.png

Screenshot2012-12-19at160859-1.png

Sid

You can fill up 32 easily. Get UC, Jet Set, Gravity Rush and 8 GB are gone. Get MK, MG HD and another 8GB are out of the window. Add a few Final Fantasies and another 4GB gone.
Sure you can but not if you focus on physical games.

It's easy to fill a 32gb if you want all your games on it, I have a 32 and a 16 full and still don't have all my games :/

so jealous of you guys with your 32 gb cards. i cant even imagine what its like to have all that space.

my 4GB has been holding me over. atleast it keeps me in check for spending sprees and backlog management. sont really move stuff off till its beaten and exhausted.

spats

I've only got 3gb free on my 32gb card. :(

I need to start deleting all those podcasts... Best podcast machine ever btw. Love listening to them while playing in bed.

Derrick01

Banned
I manage to hang around the 18-20gb point since I delete bad stuff and games that I got platinums in. Gravity Rush and PS All Stars gone for now and JSR was taken off because it sucks. Still have room left over from those 3 after downloading rayman and stranger's wrath.

are there mod nation racer impressions?? havent seen it mentioned here since i got a vita on black friday. its the only kart racer out on vita now right aside from CTR?

also hows the trophy list and online for hot shots?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Huh? There is one?

Posted on the blog a few minutes ago, with a bonus corny holiday video: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/19/a-holiday-gift-from-the-sound-shapes-team/

are there mod nation racer impressions?? havent seen it mentioned here since i got a vita on black friday. its the only kart racer out on vita now right aside from CTR?

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed was released in NA yesterday.

Owzers

Just got my vita anddddd i either got dust under the screen protector or under the screen itself Xo makes little rainbow colored dots on white screens.

W1SSY

I finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss last night and wasn't a huge fan of the game. For me the shooting is just not as precise as what I am use to and I never did adjust to using the tilt to aim. I have played all the other Uncharted games and loved each story but this one I just really did not care about. I feel like they tried to force a lot of the new Vita features in like what they did with the sixaxis and the first Uncharted. If I ever have to tilt the Vita to balance on a log again I may just quit the game.

I was fine with the touchscreen stuff occasionally for cutting open the tarp and bamboo but when you have to use the touchscreen for melee fighting I just wanted to quit. In the last fight I had to replay multiple times because it wasn't registering the moves a couple times. This was even more frustrating because it has no checkpoint so even when I missed the last move, I was forced to redo the whole fight.

That was another problem I had with the game, the checkpointing. At times I would go a couple minutes and felt like I would have hit a checkpoint only to die and have to repeat a complete section again. This usually occurred in the multitude of situations in which you have to either climb up or down something while shooting at guys. I decided to play on hard and that led to me getting killed over and over in section in which Drake is hanging from a rope and having to shoot people.

To summarize, I really would have been bummed if I had bought this game and luckily I got if free for PS+. The experience pales in comparison to even the first Uncharted from what I remember, but I could be a little nostalgic about the first Uncharted. I think the biggest problem is with the story not really keeping me interested. In all the previous games I have cared about the story and the characters and for majority of this game I don't care about anyone or there story.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
-Playstation Mobile,another two useless crap, no useful apps and nothing of value.seriously PSM ..stop existing.

-Stranger's Wrath is butt ugly but play very well tho.

kiyomi

Sonic All Stars-thingy is a kart racer too.

Modnation is okay. It's fine. I got it cheap, really cheap, but I wouldn't pay the regular price for it. Frame rate is kinda dumpy sometimes and chugs along. Feels good enough though, it's just a shame they didn't really work on all the little niggles and iron them out.

Don't think the trophies are too bad for HSG with some luck and an FAQ for getting mystery awards. Online is weird. Really weird. You start off in a lobby area where people do everything but play golf, and occasionally someone will propose the idea of playing golf. Then it's a really fun time, you can see other players' "ghost" shots and how many shots it takes them to sink the ball. You can play in a large group of randoms (I want to say about 30?), and generally there's a nice atmopshere to it.

Haven't played it in a while though, it's kinda been forgotten.

How's the remote control stuff for GoW and Ico? Does it only work for GoW Collection and not GoW Saga? Any other notable games it's good for (aside from the upcoming Tokyo Jungle patch)?

Carl

-Playstation Mobile,another two useless crap, no useful apps and noting of value.seriously PSM ..stop existing.

-Stranger's Wrath is butt ugly but play very well tho.

Totobeni, another useless post, no useful posts and nothing of value. Seriously Totobeni, stop existing!

I think mod nation is terrible. It has an unacceptable frame rate to the point where it will slide show now and then and appear off a cliff. Also no online at all. Tracks are pretty dull as well. I only paid £12.99 for it as the demo seemed OK but damn that doesn't show how bad it runs on some of the later tracks.

Got sonic coming in the post. Looks so much better from what i have seen and heard.

Shahed

Totobeni, another useless post, no useless posts and nothing of value. Seriously Totobeni, stop existing!

...I've never used PSM, and there's a good chance I never will.

And I don't like the look of Strangers Wrath. Sure it's good technically and all, but there's too much brown for my liking.

I'm with Toto here...

My Vita is out for delivery.

Damn, when amazon says 1 day shipping they mean it.

Can't wait to finally try out Gravity Rush! Been looking forward to it for awhile.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
...I've never used PSM, and there's a good chance I never will.

And I don't like the look of Strangers Wrath. Sure it's good technically and all, but there's too much brown for my liking.

I'm with Toto here...

Surge is a great game and totally should get a proper PSN release since its one of the best DD only games on the store. Strangers Wrath looks good, I mean I agree about the brown issue, but its definitely not butt ugly.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My Vita is out for delivery.

Damn, when amazon says 1 day shipping they mean it.

Can't wait to finally try out Gravity Rush! Been looking forward to it for awhile.
Take the time to learn & love the gyro. I think a lot of the complaints regarding Uncharted and Gravity Rush revolve around that specific control mechanic. Personally I put stick sensitivity to the maximum for rapid turns and did all my fine tuning with motion - halfway through the game I felt incredibly empowered.

Totobeni, another useless post, no useless posts and nothing of value. Seriously Totobeni, stop existing!
i0BzbiwsmFICo.gif

If she bothers you that much, just block ha. Otherwise, stop adding more fuel to this hostile meta-discussion about her posting style.

Immature brats all around.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If she bothers you that much, just block ha. Otherwise, stop adding more fuel to this hostile meta-discussion about her posting style.

Yeah, I agree. Even though I dont agree with Toto on that post, that went a bit too far. Carl, go play with some Blobs! ;)

Sid

How's the remote control stuff for GoW and Ico? Does it only work for GoW Collection and not GoW Saga? Any other notable games it's good for (aside from the upcoming Tokyo Jungle patch)?
It's pretty good,it works with gow 1 and 2 HD be it in the HD collection or the PSN versions or in the saga.

Carl

i0BzbiwsmFICo.gif

So what you're trying to say is, i'm cheating with the babysitter?

Yeah, I agree. Thats going a bit too far. Carl, go play with some Blobs! ;)

Hey i was just making a mockery of his post. I just copied his post and replaced "PSM" with "Totobeni"

Shahed

Surge is a great game and totally should get a proper PSN release. Strangers Wrath looks good, I mean I agree about the brown issue, but its definitely not butt ugly.

You know how I am with needing narratives in a game! Unless it's a racer, I find it hard to. get involved in it

And when I say I'm with Toto, it's not that I want PSM to stop existing. I'm just apathetic to it. If a lot of people enjoy, it's all good and I wish it well

Toma

You know how I am with needing narratives in a game! Unless it's a racer, I find it hard to. get involved in it

Yeah true. Just saying though! Even though you might not like it, Surge is pretty well designed as a game.

Hey i was just making a mockery of his post. I just copied his post and replaced "PSM" with "Totobeni"

Oh that was rather smart actually. The sentence still sounded a bit mean though in context of talking about a person ;)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Never expected to like a bonus "minigame" as much as I do with Tapling in LittleBigPlanet. To bad it only as eight levels.
Getting the last level perfect is crazy hard. Or i'm just bad at it :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally. "Climbed Everest"/Climber achievement unlocked in AC3: Liberation. Platinum. Now I can put the game down and download GG:XX:TMC:^C and GTA: CTW.

Huddy

Just got back and jumped on PSN to pick up MK on PS+. It want's to charge me £34.99!

Did I miss something?

Also it was suggested we were getting some new sales for Xmas but I'm not seeing any new discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom