• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waiting for SONY STUDIOS news?(+Talk, Spaculate, VOTE)

Which of these games you really expect?

• The Last of Us Part 3, as soon as possible!

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • New Naughty Dog ip(What kind of game?)

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • New Santa Monica ip(what kind of game?)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • God of War 1, 2 Remake

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • DaysGone 2

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Uncharted 5 or even an Uncharted 1 Remake

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • A new Bluepoint Remake(share with us on the thread)!

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Killzone 4(Sony needs a good FPS) !

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • HighPoly you soooo sexy, I'm glad with this generation! Can't wait to the next!

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

HighPoly

Banned
hello my friends,

Well, I'm waiting for a long time to see some announcements by SONY, but my fear is this generation comes to it's end without a huge announcement and releasing...

Look, all we've got is GTA 6 and WOLVERINE...
Hackers made their jobs destroying Insomniac road map...
but who cares? next Ratchet Clank only in 2028/2029? Jesus !

So, I'd like to share with you my dissapointment...
Where is NAUGHTY DOG, BEND STUDIOS, SUCKER PUNCH, SANTA MONICA with news?

So Let's talk, speculate and vote!

Insider here.

I hacked Nate Fox's laptop at a WaWa gas station the other day while he was filling up his vespa (he uses premium). Cool guy tho. Turns out sly cooper 5 is launching in June/July with an announcement in May.

Apparently Ghost 2 isn't coming until early 2026 so they had a small team of sly veterans at suckerpunch™ whip up a quick sequel in the meantime.

Cheers. Gonna go take a shit now.

HighPoly

Banned
Insider here.

I hacked Nate Fox's laptop at a WaWa gas station the other day while he was filling up his vespa (he uses premium). Cool guy tho. Turns out sly cooper 5 is launching in June/July with an announcement in May.

Apparently Ghost 2 isn't coming until early 2026 so they had a small team of sly veterans at suckerpunch™ whip up a quick sequel in the meantime.

Cheers. Gonna go take a shit now.
we need another The Order 1886

Damn! a great character and universe!

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I think they'll announce day one PC releases for every game, and also that I get to have all of them for free. They'll also release Prey 2, and my name's going in the credits under "Special Thanks."

Perrott

Gold Member
I fully expect a Ghost of Tsushima sequel and Santa Monica Studio's new IP to be shown at the PlayStation Showcase in May, with a tease of Naughty Dog's new IP at The Game Awards.

2024 releases such as Concord and a new Astro-Bot, plus the Horizon: Zero Dawn and Until Dawn remakes, would also be shown in May, in my opinion.

Hell, we might even get to see FromSoftware's new PlayStation exclusive developed in collaboration with XDEV.

AmuroChan

We sort of know what a lot of the studios are working on. It's just a matter of actually announcing and showing the games.

ND - New IP, TLOU 3
Santa Monica - Cory's new IP, next GoW
Sucker Punch - Ghost of Tsushima 2
San Diego - MLB The Show
Guerrilla - Horizon 3
Polyphony - next GT
Asobi - next Astrobot
Haven - Fairgames
Firewalk - Concord
Insomniac - Wolverine, Venom, Spidey 3
Firesprite - Project Heartbreak
Bend - new IP
Bluepoint - new IP
Housemarque - ?
Media Molecule - LOL

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Ok, since we don't have any OT to discuss this stuff, this is the best I've got.
The Last of Us Part II Remastered - January 19, 2024 (PS5)
Helldivers II - February 8, 2024 (PS5/PC)
MLB The Show 24 - March 19, 2024 (PS4/PS5)
Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition - March 21, 2024 (PC)
Rise of the Ronin - March 22, 2024 (PS5)
Stellar Blade - April 26, 2024 (PS5)
Concord - 2024 (PS5/PC)
Until Dawn - 2024 (PS5/PC)
We don't have set release dates for anything beyond April, so May should be a good time for a showcase again.
I'm 100% expecting both Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside to be confirmed for this year, along with Team Asobi's new Astro Bot game revealed for a release around November.
Concord is a weird case, tho; billbil-kun (one of the best leakers over there) said we were going to hear news soon a month ago, but nothing materialized. I personally think it will be an October game, so a deep-dive on the showcase would be great. Until Dawn is obviously for Halloween time, so no questions there.

Perrott

Gold Member
We sort of know what a lot of the studios are working on. It's just a matter of actually announcing and showing the games.

ND - New IP, TLOU 3
San Diego - MLB The Show
Guerrilla - Horizon 3
Polyphony - next GT
Asobi - next Astrobot
Haven - Fairgames
Firewalk - Concord
Firesprite - new IP
Bend - new IP
Bluepoint - new IP
Housemarque - ?
Media Molecule - LOL
Housemarque confirmed themselves in 2022 that they're working on a new IP.

Guerrilla is also making Horizon Online (the cartoonish Monster Hunter-esque multiplayer game, not to confuse with NCSoft's Horizon MMORPG, Project Skyline).

And Firesprite's remaining game, Project Heartbreak, is not a new IP but based on an existing franchise. Considering that it's a horror choice-based narrative adventure game, we're probably in front of an Until Dawn sequel.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
Ok, since we don't have any OT to discuss this stuff, this is the best I've got.
The Last of Us Part II Remastered - January 19, 2024 (PS5)
Helldivers II - February 8, 2024 (PS5/PC)
MLB The Show 24 - March 19, 2024 (PS4/PS5)
Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition - March 21, 2024 (PC)
Rise of the Ronin - March 22, 2024 (PS5)
Stellar Blade - April 26, 2024 (PS5)
Concord - 2024 (PS5/PC)
Until Dawn - 2024 (PS5/PC)
We don't have set release dates for anything beyond April, so May should be a good time for a showcase again.
I'm 100% expecting both Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside to be confirmed for this year, along with Team Asobi's new Astro Bot game revealed for a release around November.
Concord is a weird case, tho; billbil-kun (one of the best leakers over there) said we were going to hear news soon a month ago, but nothing materialized. I personally think it will be an October game, so a deep-dive on the showcase would be great. Until Dawn is obviously for Halloween time, so no questions there.
hi beauty
a looooong time no see you my little sweeeet

how you doing?

nial

Gold Member
hi beauty
a looooong time no see you my little sweeeet

how you doing?
i hate you lol GIF

nick776

Give me PS5 Pro with a new Astrobot game designed to take advantage of PS5 Pro and I'm as happy as I've been all generation.

S0ULZB0URNE

Bloodborne Remake
Bloodborne 2
Kllzone 4
Demon's Souls 2
Socom
Motorstorm
MAG 2(yes mfers)
Warhawk 3
Super Hero game by Sucker Punch(sorry Insomniac)
From Software Spellbound game

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

ND - New IP, TLOU 3
San Diego - MLB The Show
Guerrilla - Horizon 3
Polyphony - next GT
Asobi - next Astrobot
Haven - Fairgames
Firewalk - Concord
Firesprite - Project Heartbreak
Bend - new IP
Bluepoint - new IP
Housemarque - ?
Media Molecule - LOL
This Hopefully.
Media Molecule is probably making little big planet 3D or something. HouseMarque is supposedly working on a new ip

Off the top of my head I'd say that these 1st party Sony games we can expect by the time this gen ends:

• New IP from Bend Studios
  • Horizon 3 from Guerrilla Games
  • Horizon Online from Guerrilla Games
  • New IP or TLOU 3 from Naughty Dog (leaning towards the new IP as TLOU 3 story is just in planning phase)
  • New IP from Cory's team at Santa Monica Studio
  • New IP from Housemarque
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2 from Sucker Punch
  • New IP from Bluepoint
  • Fairgame$ from Haven
  • Concord from Firewalk
  • Maybe something this gen from Media Molecule??
  • Marathon from Bungie
  • Whatever Firesprite are working on
  • Wolverine from Insomniac
  • New Spider-Man spin-off game (Venom!?) from Insomniac
I'm probably still missing quite a few in-dev titles, but like I said this is just off the top of my head.

And HighPoly HighPoly don't call me pretty, I already know I am. :p

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
Off the top of my head I'd say that these 1st party Sony games we can expect by the time this gen ends:

• New IP from Bend Studios
  • Horizon 3 from Guerrilla Games
  • Horizon Online from Guerrilla Games
  • New IP or TLOU 3 from Naughty Dog (leaning towards the new IP as TLOU 3 story is just in planning phase)
  • New IP from Cory's team at Santa Monica Studio
  • New IP from Housemarque
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2 from Sucker Punch
  • New IP from Bluepoint
  • Fairgame$ from Haven
  • Concord from Firewalk
  • Maybe something this gen from Media Molecule??
  • Marathon from Bungie
  • Whatever Firesprite are working on
  • Wolverine from Insomniac
  • New Spider-Man spin-off game (Venom!?) from Insomniac
I'm probably still missing quite a few in-dev titles, but like I said this is just off the top of my head.

And HighPoly HighPoly don't call me pretty, I already know I am. :p
hello baby!

Well, maybe Last of us 3 will be the first true next gen game!
or they will make another crossgen game PS5~PS6 ?

Damn! I think Sony will continue with this policy of crossgen games forever! ! !

But the great thing is PS5 will get a lot of games since 2025!
I don't wanna be optimistic, but 2025 ~ 2027 will be the greatest years of PS5 if true!
I mean, a massive announcements!

What do you think sweet of mine?

Elios83

As others have pointed out tons of projects are in the work and many of them are already half-known/heavily rumored.

We also know that the next big wave of Sony first party games will be from 2025 onwards.
This is why we didn't have a showcase in 2022 and the 2023 was poor in terms of first party announcements.
They will unveil the projects when they feel confident they can impress people.
I expect a showcase later this year to introduce a good amount of projects coming in 2025.
I think the PS5 Pro will be announced in a different side conference with Cerny.

we need another The Order 1886

Damn! a great character and universe!
Agreed…..the Order 1886 is still one of my personal favorites. I still go back and play it from time to time. Ashamed they never made a sequel after leaving it wide open for one. Much rather have this than another TLOU or Horizon lesbian filled woke fests which is what Sony wants to keep putting out sadly.

eerik9000

I want to know what the fuck is the "original content" that Bluepoint is working on, and if PlayStation has any other plans for Until Dawn other than the UE5 rebuild.

yurinka

Team Asobi - action platformer with humor bigger than the Astrobot Games
Bend - open world new IP
Bluepoint - continue working as support studio of a new game as they did with GoWR before, they aren't working in any game leaded by them
Bungie - Destiny 2 updates, Marathon, Matter, Destiny 3
Firesprite - MP game with both vehicular and on foot combat, dark horor adventure
Firewalk - Concord
Guerrilla - Horizon 3, Horizon Online
Haven - Fairgame$
Housemarque - new AAA game bigger than Returnal
Insomniac - Wolverine, Venom, Spider-Man 3
Media Molecule - new game not related to Dreams
Naughty Dog - minimum 2 single player games, none of them is TLOU3 (so pretty likely new IP and Uncharted)
Polyphony - Gran Turismo 8, Gran Turismo 7 updates
San Diego - MLB The Show
Santa Monica - Cory's new IP, next GoW in new mythology
XDEV - Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, Until Dawn remake, Death Stranding 2, Star Wars KOTOR remake...

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
ND - minimum 2 single player games, none of them is TLOU3
Santa Monica - Cory's new IP, next GoW in new mytholoy
San Diego - MLB The Show
Guerrilla - Horizon 3, Horizon Online
Polyphony - Gran Tusimo 8, Gran Turismo 7 updates
Asobi - Astrobot-like game bigger than the Astrobot Games
Haven - Fairgame$
Firewalk - Concord
Bungie - Destiny 2 updates, Marathon, Matter, Destiny 3
Insomniac - Wolverine, Venom, Spider-Man 3
Firesprite - MP game with both vehicular and on foot combat, dark horor adventure
Bend - open world new IP
Bluepoint - continue working as support studio, they aren't working in any game leaded by them
Housemarque - new AAA game bigger than Returnal
Media Molecule - new game, not related to Dreams
XDEV - Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, Until Dawn remake, Death Stranding 2, Star Wars KOTOR remake,
Please GOD!

hello baby!

Well, maybe Last of us 3 will be the first true next gen game!
or they will make another crossgen game PS5~PS6 ?

Damn! I think Sony will continue with this policy of crossgen games forever! ! !

But the great thing is PS5 will get a lot of games since 2025!
I don't wanna be optimistic, but 2025 ~ 2027 will be the greatest years of PS5 if true!
I mean, a massive announcements!

What do you think sweet of mine?
Welp, seems like you've been banned so it's kinda pointless to give a proper response now. 😢

Have fun irl! Your weird threads will be missed... somewhat. :p

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
SNY studios have become so stale, playing it safe with sequels and remakes with very few new IPs. Moreover, no SOCOM remaster.

This is the first gen I ever skip a Sony console, especially considering most of their worthwhile games are (or soon to be) on PC/PS4.

Sad!

Top Bottom