• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WAPO: Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What's up with those leaks? If they are leaks, they can't be fake news. If they are fake news, they are not real leaks. How can you be complaining about leaks and fake news at the same time?

"The news is fake, but the leaks are real" - Legit Trump quote.

Chittagong

Gold Member
He's switched to healthcare. Is this what's playing on fox right now

I take perverse joy in knowing that he is spending his Saturday morning home, watching Fox News in his undies, growing increasingly angry and pissed off, tweeting tweets that complicate his life even more, while I am enjoying an ice cold Birra Messina chilling in Taormina. Life choices, man.

KvP4tFA_d.jpg

Chichikov

Bat signal for all people involved to sacrifice themselves for his cause.
I don't think he's smart enough to think about such things, I think he saw people on TV talking about him asking about pardoning and the word got stuck in his head.

Think about it, for that to be true he needs to be smart enough to plan at least 2 steps ahead, but not smart enough to figure out that there are better way of doing it than on fucking twitter. That sounds like an amazingly specific level of stupidity. I'm gonna go with the "nah, just a regular dumbass" theory here.

My problem is that over the years I've started to see how so much of the world is corrupt through big businsss, politics, and money. If there is something huge going on do we really think that the system today will put these people behind bars? The economic impact is too large and I feel like everyone will scramble to sweep it under the rug like what happens with most scandals when power and money is involved.

So literally everyone at the top level of his campaign talked to or did business with Russia, but Trump didn't know or condone it. Seems legit.

ok so I think I found what he was referencing in this tweet below
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Failing New York Times foiled U.S. attempt to kill the single most wanted terrorist,Al-Baghdadi.Their sick agenda over National Security
6:45 AM · Jul 22, 2017
Fox News article posted yesterday

In a wide-ranging interview moderated by Fox News' Catherine Herridge, Thomas, who leads the Special Operations Command, said his team was “particularly close” to Baghdadi after the 2015 raid that killed ISIS oil minister Abu Sayyaf. That raid also netted his wife, who provided a wealth of actionable information.

“That was a very good lead. Unfortunately, it was leaked in a prominent national newspaper about a week later and that lead went dead,” Thomas said. “The challenge we have [is] in terms of where and how our tactics and procedures are discussed openly. There's a great need to inform the American public about what we're up to. There's also great need to recognize things that will absolutely undercut our ability to do our job.”

Thomas appeared to be referring to a New York Times report in June 2015 that detailed how American intelligence agencies had “extracted valuable information.”
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/2...lipped-away-due-to-leak-says-key-general.html

rjinaz

Holy shit that twitter rant. You Trump supporters should be ashamed of yourself if you are still supporting this man at this point. I mean I know you're not ashamed, but you damn well should be.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Holy shit that twitter rant. You Trump supporters should be ashamed of yourself if you are still supporting this man at this point. I mean I know you're not ashamed, but you damn well should be.
As if they'll even set foot in this thread. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Why would they be ashamed. He is being a strong alpha male and destroying the lamestream media! They love this shit.

Daria

i hate to be *that* guy but i feel bad for some of my friends who are Trump supporters. You cannot tell them anything. Hell, it was like 45% of his supporters don't believe Jr met with russian officials AFTER he released his emails

rjinaz

As if they'll even set foot in this thread. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Fair point. They'll sure show up to to shame the liberals though if Obama earns too much or Clinton dares to be spotted in public.

Say what you want about Hillary supporters or Bernie supporters or just Democrats in general on GAF, you always see the same people in every political thread good or bad.

Anyway guess I'm taking things off topic but Trump is such an embarrassment to this country and he proves it nearly every damn day and it pisses me off as an American and just a decent human being that anybody can still support him.

Snwaters

i hate to be *that* guy but i feel bad for some of my friends who are Trump supporters. You cannot tell them anything. Hell, it was like 45% of his supporters don't believe Jr met with russian officials AFTER he released his emails
In all honesty, the moment the establishment Right turn on Trump, you'll see the vast majority of these folks act like they never supported him. It was the same way with Nixon. A large number of Republicans still supported him up until he resigned, and afterwards you couldn't find someone who admitted to sticking with him, in the end.

I figured he wouldn't say anything after he commented on Spicer instead after the story broke

NOPE JUST NEEDED HIM TO GO SIT ON THE CAN FIRST

UberTag

Final battle soon folks.

AG quitting or being fired = Trump putting in person thaf will fire Mueller

Trump just appointed acting chief dood who signed off of kushners revised financial disclosures

Senate GOPers okayed manafort and trump jr not to testify in public and at the same time wants to dig into the dossier

These are the true GOPers folks
They are at war with the truth, the media, the intelligence community, justice, their constituents and the rest of the world.
And they'll probably wind up with only a slap on the wrist when this is all said and done.

rjinaz

In all honesty, the moment the establishment Right turn on Trump, you'll see the vast majority of these folks act like they never supported him. It was the same way with Nixon. A large number of Republicans still supported him up until he resigned, and afterwards you couldn't find someone who admitted to sticking with him, in the end.

I suspect you're right but I don't expect the Right to turn on him until he loses the reelection. After that point suddenly everybody that supported him will get amnesia.

I suspect you're right but I don't expect the Right to turn on him until he loses the reelection. After that point suddenly everybody that supported him will get amnesia.
I'll take amnesia. I mean if the worst outcome is after its over everyone pretends it didn't happen I can live with that.

A good chunk of Trump supporters want the country to be in chaos, they got what they want.

Occam

Lol Jesus, he is the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. What's scary is what if we had a dirt bag Republican president who WASNT a fucking clown?

A smart republican president could probably turn the US into a fascist dictatorship in a matter of weeks/months.
Which should tell you that there is something very wrong with the US system of government.

Top Bottom