• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wargroove (fantasy Advance Wars) getting physical release ($29.99 PS4, $39.99 hashtag Switchtax)

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Wargroove-Deluxe-Edition_08-15-19-600x338.jpg

Via Gematsu:

Publisher Sold Out will release a physical “Deluxe Edition” of Chucklefish-developed turn-based strategy game Wargroove for PlayStation 4 and Switch this fall, the company announced. The PlayStation 4 version will cost $29.99 / £19.99 / €29.99 and the Switch version will cost $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99.
The Deluxe Edition will include a set of exclusive stickers, reversible box art, map poster, strategy manual, and downloadable digital soundtrack.
“Wargroove is a fantastic, critically-acclaimed game which up to now has only been available as a digital download,” Sold Out marketing director Sarah Hoeksma said in a press release. “So, we’ve put together a special physical version which fans have been asking for to be available later in 2019.”
Wargroove is available now digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

---

I'm in! I hoped for a physical release and here it is.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Game is super mediocre.
Played it day one.

It's nothing like advance wars besides the looks.
Stupid hard and unbalanced too.

Supposed they patched it later on tho.
But i stopped caring about it after playing it for about 4 hours..

mcjmetroid

Game is super mediocre.
Played it day one.

Sadly I have to agree. I lost interest very quickly. In everyway it seemed to be just as good but it was lacking something and I found it again in the new fire emblem. Pure addictive fun.

Wargroove just didn't have it.

manfestival

Game is super mediocre.
Played it day one.

I did not play it day one but... I admit that the game is pretty hard. Played it on the xbox game pass for PC. The game has a ton of charm of itself and the strategy is sound. I found the difficulty to be off putting. Scenarios seem to have to play out almost exactly how they want and deviations make it much harder.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The game really just shows you what actually counts in Advance Wars. The art style and the sprites. That's it.

Wargroove does play like Advance Wars. Only Advance Wars is just not all that fun.

Wargroove also has some of the ugliest sprites and character portraits I've ever seen in a game. Suddenly, the desire to play evaporates.

Top Bottom