• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 PC Settings

Spider-Vice

Neo Member
A bit violent to the eyes there, but glad to see Ubisoft has finally dedicated themselves enough to the PC version. Now to see how it runs.

Truant

Cool to see temporal filtering. I wonder if it's been improved like they said they planned on doing.

Is this the same as TAA? The description says it enhances MSAA, but it also says you can't use MSAA + TAA together.

And then you have TXAA, which is MSAA + TAA.

:confused:

dogen

Is this the same as TAA? The description says it enhances MSAA, but it also says you can't use MSAA + TAA together.

And then you have TXAA, which is MSAA + TAA.

:confused:

I don't remember exactly how it works. I think it's similar to checkerboard rendering, but additionally uses extra samples from msaa to reconstruct. Not 100% sure I'm remembering right though.
Either way, there more to it than that, but it was really effective in rainbow six.

http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...comparison-001-off-vs-temporal-filtering.html

You can barely see a difference, but performance can be 30-40% higher.

Adam M

Forza Apex has this. It's nice.

They do, just not all of them.

Found it, something like this would be awesome, every game should have this. There are so many toggles in the settings menus that it takes too much time to find the 60fps setting....

I can't wait for the Gamersyde vids of the game, seems Ubisoft managed to create a good Watch_Dogs game, although few gameplay elements I don't like

from this video about the FOV on PC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1s7JJBXpI4

Default FOV (70) vs Max FOX (110)

Ztgc.jpg

Blam

Yeah talking about that video, the first time I've ever seen windowed, borderless windowed, fullscreen, and borderless fullscreen.

I didn't even know the difference lol.

Apparently Samsung is doing a promotion where if you buy certain SSDs/monitors from them, you get a free Uplay key for Watch Dogs 2, because some guy bought an SSD yesterday and didn't want the code so he had it up on eBay for $29.

You have no idea how quickly I bought that shit. Even if the port isn't perfect, I won't be too miffed since I purchased the game for less than half price.

Corpekata

Banned
Apparently Samsung is doing a promotion where if you buy certain SSDs/monitors from them, you get a free Uplay key for Watch Dogs 2, because some guy bought an SSD yesterday and didn't want the code so he had it up on eBay for $29.

You have no idea how quickly I bought that shit. Even if the port isn't perfect, I won't be too miffed since I purchased the game for less than half price.

It's also bundled with Nvidia GPUs now, so there should be a decent amount of codes around with BF and Cyber Monday. Prices have started to drop finally (a week ago everything was 40, but now hitting 30ish like yours).

It's also bundled with Nvidia GPUs now, so there should be a decent amount of codes around with BF and Cyber Monday. Prices have started to drop finally (a week ago everything was 40, but now hitting 30ish like yours).

Yeah, I was supposed to get a code for the game from my friend who just ordered the parts for his new gaming PC, but he didn't get one since he bought his GPU from Amazon.

Looking forward to Tuesday!

4K textures are included with the download?

LGZlAKb.jpg

For AA, going with Temporal AA. Should save me lots of performance so that I can run other settings more higher while retaining 60fps on 980ti.

sertopico

Have a look at the settings screen, upper right corner, with Ultra textures and temporal filtering, 1080p, the usage reaches about 4.7 GB. I think my 980 Ti won't be enough at 2K, playing on Ultra, or maybe it will be the extreme limit.

Anyway, Ultra textures will be available at launch, so probably they'll be part of the remaining files needed to start the game.

PS: in the nVidia Gameworks video they were talking about 4k textures, so it could actually be their resolution.

Yeah, I was supposed to get a code for the game from my friend who just ordered the parts for his new gaming PC, but he didn't get one since he bought his GPU from Amazon.

Looking forward to Tuesday!
Amazon France just emailed me my free Watch_Dogs 2 code last night, even though my ASUS Strix GPU isn't due to be delivered until the 29th.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From steam:

L5ZeA5K.jpg

Currently 7:30PM. Launches in 4hrs30mins in Australia/Melbourne.

Huzzah. It may unlock in New Zealand in just over two hours, but I wouldn't count on it as publishers generally lump it in with Australia.

Corpekata

Banned
Amazon France just emailed me my Watch_Dogs 2 code last night, even though my ASUS Strix GPU isn't due to be delivered until the 29th.

Amazon US isn't pairing up with the promo it seems. They got abused hardcore by a loophole exploiting what you just got during the Gears 4 promo and they've changed how they handle it, or at least aren't doing it for GPUs anymore. It's only on Samsung SSDs in the states at Amazon.

MaxiLive

Bah! No Origin pre-load but I have no idea how the game will work on Origin. I'm guessing it will just open up uPlay and grab it from there?

JaseC

Bah! No Origin pre-load but I have no idea how the game will work on Origin. I'm guessing it will just open up uPlay and grab it from there?

I believe the Origin version functions identically to the Steam version in that the base service (Origin) provides the data but the game is launched through Uplay. The original game unlocked hours later on Origin as third parties don't have direct control over release state changes as they do on Steam, and naturally Ubi has all the Uplay access in the world, so I hope history isn't in the process of repeating itself.

big_z

What can someone expect from a 960?

Similar graphics and performance as PS4 at least?

I've run the game on a similar card at medium settings and a few others on high. Runs smoother than the ps4 version but doesn't quite look as good. Textures were the biggest hit due to it being a 2GB card.

My guess is consoles are a mix of high and medium settings. This isn't another Unity though, the game does run quite well.

JaseC

Are samsung codes region free?

Yes, and as far as I'm aware, the only region-locked Uplay keys are those intended for China and Eastern Europe, which don't offer any languages beyond Simplified Chinese and Russian.

Notice: Purchases made in this region will only receive the Russian and Simplified Chinese languages.

MaxiLive

I believe the Origin version functions identically to the Steam version in that the base service (Origin) provides the data but the game is launched through Uplay. The original game unlocked hours later on Origin as third parties don't have direct control over release state changes as they do on Steam, and naturally Ubi has all the Uplay access in the world, so I hope history isn't in the process of repeating itself.

Thanks Jase :D

At least Origin will be downloading it in which their servers are pretty good for me. It says it will unlock at midnight for me which is all good! Hopefully Origin also supports the 4k texture download.

MaLDo

Yes, and as far as I'm aware, the only region-locked Uplay keys are those intended for China and Eastern Europe, which don't offer any languages beyond Simplified Chinese and Russian.

Thank you!! Just bought for 30€ \o/

JaseC

Apparently, the Origin version doesn't unlock in Australia until 7am PHT, which is 12-and-a-half hours away, so anybody with said version hoping for earlier access alongside Steam and Uplay users is out of luck. For those who belong to the latter group:

t1480338000z0.png

This, of course, assumes Ubi AU is properly informed. I'll create the PC performance thread after I've unlocked the game.

Top Bottom