• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs original graphical effects (E3 2012/13) found in game files [PC]

shandy706

Again: comparison time!

the e3 version:
dmaxug.gif

vs.

the mod 0.7b version:
vubhur.gif

This time in the same Aspect Ratio ;)
But still - e3v looks fantastic

There is such a big difference in geometry and detail if you study both closely.

Heck, you can even see "INTO" the building across the road on the left in the E3 build. It's just a flat textured surface in the final build.

tioslash

I don´t have privileges to start a new thread, but here are details about the upcoming patch from Ubi:

Hello all,

Good news! We now have more information on the patches that will be deployed on WD. We apologize if you were affected by any of these issues, but we greatly appreciated your patience while we got this sorted.

A new patch for the game is coming on all platforms. The patch will be available for download on the PlayStation 4 in the next few hours. PlayStation 3 will be available shortly. For PC, the patch will be available in the coming days. For Xbox One and Xbox 360, the patch will be released within the next week. We’ll keep you updated on all progress.

You’ll find the details below. If you have questions, please ask them in this thread and we’ll try to be a specific as possible with our answers.

MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.

GAMEPLAY FIXES
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.

MULTIPLAYER FIXES
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.

PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.

Love,
The WD Team

Dries

A few users say they have stuttering problems even with TheWorse modifications. So I made a quick STUTTERING TEST PATCH that uses the modifications from TheWorse too

https://mega.co.nz/#!aU8HECxA!IiiDbX11J2QM8RR6zFyU8bXKGjvrU6IBb049dy_QU-g

IMPORTANT - READ FIRST!
-----------------------------------------

-This is not a patch to play the game, it procuces a lot of texture aliasing
-This is a stuttering test for people that have stuttering using ultra textures
-It contains a compilation of Ultra textures without mipmaps used as High textures + TheWorse mod 0.7b

So, what's that?
A way to play with ultra textures in 2 GB and maybe less memory gpus. And a test for a possible better future patch.

How to test it:
1. Unrar the file and copy patch.dat and patch.fat into your watch dogs "data_win64" folder (make a backup if you already have a modded patch file)
2. Multigpu users, disable multigpu in your drivers (remember, this is only a test). Recommended to use Adaptative Vsync too.
3. Start the game
4. In the game options menu, select your native resolution, vsync off, max rendered frames = 2
5. Select HIGH TEXTURES!!!! (NOT ULTRA, you will see ultra textures using High texture option)
6. Players with 2 GB of VRAM, set high or medium shadows and reflections.
7. Resume game. You will see a lot of texture aliasing but the stuttering should be reduced.

Share the results. If that patch improves the stuttering for a few users, I will create textures with mipmaps for those that have more texture aliasing.

To uninstall the test patch, delete both patch.fat and patch.dat and restore your old modded patch files in case you had one mod before.

I'm sorry MaLDo, but this mod also doesn't work for me. It still stutters the same.

arcoN

Neo Member
my DOF isnt working properly in the 0.7b version in normal camera mode - ive found the "fix" but it isnt working either....
It is only active when im runnin'

solution?

personally i prefer the far cam, although I wish it didn't move the center of motion all out of whack in conjunction with camera movement.

it's kinda hard to explain but the Far Camera version almost feels like Aiden is "dislocated" from the camera.

personally i prefer the far cam, although I wish it didn't move the center of motion all out of whack in conjunction with camera movement.

it's kinda hard to explain but the Far Camera version almost feels like Aiden is "dislocated" from the camera.

Yeah I wish it would lock the camera over the right shoulder instead of moving around depending on how he walks.

robotrock

Banned
Maldo's patch made playing the game on Ultra much more bearable. Still got some stuttering when I was driving super fast, but it was still way better than usual.

MaLDo

I'm sorry MaLDo, but this mod also doesn't work for me. It still stutters the same.

I guess you have an extra layer of problems over the game own problem. Defrag your hd and disable antivirus, windows search, and so on. You can test enabling LargePages for the game, paste this text into a file with .reg extension and run it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Watch_Dogs.exe]
"UseLargePages"=dword:00000001

I'm uploading now a new version with less texture aliasing. It's playable now.

Wigglers

Neo Member
I guess you have an extra layer of problems over the game own problem. Defrag your hd and disable antivirus, windows search, and so on. You can test enabling LargePages for the game, paste this text into a file with .reg extension and run it.

ETA on that upload m8?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whoa. So far as you know, can you apply this right along TheWorse's tweaks or will it cause problems?

edit: Or, is this gonna have the same stuff from 0.7b like the first version? o_O

Doing god's work you are. If I can even reduce the stuttering I get on Ultra textures by 30%, I'll play it that way. It's gorgeous.

Marmac

Banned
Game crashed on me twice tonight :( Really kills the mood. Such a great game ruined by annoying stuttering and crashing. I hope Ubisoft's patch is coming soon and I hope it fixes all this crap.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I am on the verge...

Should I buy the game? The mod/edit/whatever does seem to spice up graphics considerably and I need an open world fix. Is it easy to apply? Did the new patch break it?

Devildoll

So I am on the verge...

Should I buy the game? The mod/edit/whatever does seem to spice up graphics considerably and I need an open world fix. Is it easy to apply? Did the new patch break it?

At least wait until the steam sale is over, in case it gets any cheaper.
Ubisoft apparently has a patch in the works as well, you should probably wait for that too.

Hip Hop

So I am on the verge...

Are you a CAG member?

Someone selling it for $23 at the moment if you really want to try the game out. And the patch is extremely easy to apply. Just drop two files on a folder. That's it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigindesura-etc-buyselltrade-thread/?p=11852463

Game crashed on me twice tonight :( Really kills the mood. Such a great game ruined by annoying stuttering and crashing. I hope Ubisoft's patch is coming soon and I hope it fixes all this crap.

Check your OC, game never crashed for me during my playthrough.

Mmm... MEGA says 5 hours :(

is this no mips mod you've done, possible for "high" and "medium" textures as well?

I ask because I'mn on a rig that can only handle "medium" textures to remove most of the stutters, yet they still remain... I'd be very thankful and I'd test them out if you happened to make them available.

MaLDo

is this no mips mod you've done, possible for "high" and "medium" textures as well?

I ask because I'mn on a rig that can only handle "medium" textures to remove most of the stutters, yet they still remain... I'd be very thankful and I'd test them out if you happened to make them available.

Medium textures work as intented already, sorry.

That's the ultra textures fix version 2:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bYV0zIbT!6V9SizenJhCtHBRuPAtPOMqNwIv8loffyOu1YnwEUlM

WATCH DOGS STUTTER FIX 2.0 by MaLDo
Includes TheWorse modifications version 0.7b for enhanced graphics

IMPORTANT - READ FIRST!
-----------------------------------------

-This version allows to play the game with bearable texture aliasing.
-This is a stuttering fix for people that have stuttering using ultra textures
-It contains a compilation of Ultra textures without mipmaps used as High textures + TheWorse mod 0.7b

So, what's that?
A way to play with ultra textures in 2 GB and maybe less memory gpus. Feedback will be used in a next version.

How to use it:
1. Unrar the file and copy patch.dat and patch.fat into your watch dogs "data_win64" folder (make a backup if you already have a modded patch file)
2. Multigpu users, disable multigpu in your drivers (remember, this is only a test). Recommended to use Adaptative Vsync too. SLI and CrossfireX can increase your raw performance but stuttering will be worse.
3. Start the game
4. In the game options menu, select your native resolution and max rendered frames = 2
5. VERY IMPORTANT: Select HIGH TEXTURES!!!! (NOT ULTRA, you will see ultra textures using High texture option)
6. Players with 2 GB of VRAM, set high or medium shadows and reflections.
7. Resume game. You will could see texture aliasing but the stuttering should be reduced.

To uninstall the test patch, delete both patch.fat and patch.dat and restore your old modded patch files in case you had one mod before.

People with stuttering using this fix could have an extra layer of problems over the game own stutter cause.
Make sure you have your hard drive defragmented, ativirus off (re-activate it after playing the game), Windows Search service stopped and if you have a good amount of RAM, you can disable Pagefile.

Good luck.

Zoggy

the best part about is the INSANE performance boost.

i went from 30 fps walking around and in the low 20s while driving to 50-60+ walking around and 40s in the intense areas and mid 30s during an insane high speed chases.

all on high settings

nOoblet16

There is such a big difference in geometry and detail if you study both closely.

Heck, you can even see "INTO" the building across the road on the left in the E3 build. It's just a flat textured surface in the final build.

You can see the interiors for a lot of buildings in the final game and I am not just talking about small shops but big and tall buildings too.

Spazznid

Decided to play tonight. Got hacked. Dude was inside the walls of a solid building. Dude kept shooting to show me I couldn't win since he glitched. Whelp, that's great...

Devildoll

Well that's a more relevant quote to highlight then. I just don't see the point on shitting on a random person from PR which this thread has done a fair amount of. If Jonathan Morin himself responded directly to this recent news I'd understand the reaction completely, but he hasn't & probably won't.

Yeah but regardless of TheWorse's work, the fact of the matter is that Ubisoft is lying.

It doesn't matter if the PC community found the hidden stuff or not, the game has been downgraded, and they deny it, time and time again.

I hope the PR person knows exactly what she's responding to.
It's not the first time she responds to this question.
It doesn't matter that she's a "random pr person" whatever she says, she says for the company, i doubt she would have responded to it otherwise.

scitek

Have you seen an improvement about stuttering?

I tried it once and the stuttering was present, but I closed everything I had running in the background and tried it again, and I just drove around with it for about 10 minutes and the stuttering was gone (shadows and reflections on High).

I checked the quality of the textures via screenshots on High with and without your files and the textures are definitely at Ultra quality, so this is awesome. I tried turning reflections and shadows to Ultra just to see what'd happen, reflections didn't have any effect on performance, but as soon as I changed shadows, the game started the usual freezing/stuttering like usual. From there, turning shadows back to High didn't fix it, so basically, once it's gone to shit, you need to reboot the game.

I'll test it more, but it appears your texture fix works for me.

Skyzard

Banned
Which version of the mod is this?

The far camera 0.7 and this sweetfx:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzxowz1nshqfi0x/01.7z

Still a bit dark though, need to tweak.

i may have picked up notepad ++ and screwed around a bit (didn't test much), will find settings a little later if it's not looking the same.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4847091&postcount=3261

in patch.dat:

<quality id="ultra"
SunShadowFadeRange="42"
EnableCSMShadows="0"
SunShadowRange0="42"
SunShadowRange1="88"
SunShadowRange2="355"

scitek

Testing out Maldo's mod a bit more, it's definitely improved. Before, when setting textures to Ultra, it would practically freeze every few steps, now it stutters a little, but it's practically the same as it initially was on High before the mod. Maldo, would it be possible for you to use the quick-focusing DOF settings from VAAS's version over at Guru3D?

Top Bottom